• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 1+2 now on GoG.com!

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image
Duke Nukem 1+2 are now on GoG.com!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is that new art or just old art with some filters over it? It looks kinda new.

Just saw this on facebook. I already got them from 3D Realms couple years ago.

User is offline   K100 

View PostMicky C, on 06 December 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Is that new art or just old art with some filters over it? It looks kinda new.

It's old.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by K100: 06 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Now this is more like it :P

User is offline   Darkus 

These games were not a free bonus that comes with the full version of Duke Nukem 3D? I still have them on both my DN3D CD and Atomic Edition CD.

Nice! Now let's hope they bring Secret Agent, Hocus Pocus, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Word Adventure and any other remaining 3D Realms games to GOG.com!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostDarkus, on 06 December 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

These games were not a free bonus that comes with the full version of Duke Nukem 3D? I still have them on both my DN3D CD and Atomic Edition CD.

Yep, they were free bonuses with those copies..... but not anymore.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

They're not on the Atomic CD but they are on the 1.3D CD.

Can anybody tell me what the nature of the included bonus soundtrack is? Is it just recorded Adlib tracks or what?

User is offline   Lunick 

I don't know if anyone who has bought this has noticed but Duke Nukem 1 is using the old Duke "Nukum" in the title card.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostDarkus, on 06 December 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

I was scrambling for my CD, when I read MusicallyInspired's post.
:)

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 15 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostLunick, on 15 December 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I don't know if anyone who has bought this has noticed but Duke Nukem 1 is using the old Duke "Nukum" in the title card.

That's actually the newest version... it was Nukem in 1.0, changed to Nukum in 2.0 after they thought there may be a trademark/copyright issue relating to the Captain Planet character. It turned out that the character had never been trademarked in the US, so it was changed back to Nukem for DN2 and all future games. This is the reason there was that angry looking Ted Turner picture all over the place in posts on the 3D Realms forums... Turner owned Captain Planet and was not happy about the situation.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

And he would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those MEDDLING KIDS!

Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 15 December 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

And he would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those MEDDLING KIDS!

... and their stupid dog!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 15 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

1.0 - "Duke Nukem"
2.0 - "Duke Nukum"

There was never another update. They reverted the spelling for Duke Nukem II.

Someone posted a patch that fixes the spelling everywhere.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostTerminX, on 15 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

This is the reason there was that angry looking Ted Turner picture all over the place in posts on the 3D Realms forums... Turner owned Captain Planet and was not happy about the situation.

But was he personally involved in this to warrant that picture?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostBurnett, on 16 December 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

But was he personally involved in this to warrant that picture?

Yes. Ted Turner was personally involved in the creation of Captain Planet and is listed as one of three creators of the series. From Wikipedia, emphasis mine:

Captain Planet and the Planeteers is an American animated environmentalist television program created by Ted Turner, Robert Larkin III, and Barbara Pyle, produced by Pyle, Nicholas Boxer, Andy Heyward and Robby London, and developed by Pyle, Boxer, Heyward, London, Thom Beers, Bob Forward, Phil Harnage and Cassandra Schafhausen.

It can be further noted on the website of Captain Planet co-creator Barbara Pyle that Ted created the main character, Captain Planet himself:

"We need a super hero for the Earth. Let's call him Captain Planet." -Ted Turner

So, yes, personal involvement by Turner was high and the picture was warranted.

User is offline   Kathy 

Actually, I meant whether he was personally involved in a copyright claim by TBS, if there ever was one(I remember reading that there was). Did he say something nasty or what?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostBurnett, on 16 December 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

Actually, I meant whether he was personally involved in a copyright claim by TBS, if there ever was one(I remember reading that there was). Did he say something nasty or what?

IIRC there was no copyright claim. It was changed out of paranoia but Turner never gave a shit.

On a side note, Captain Planet was the gayest show on TV when I was a kid. The best thing about it was that it promoted diversity by using racial stereotypes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options