Duke4.net Forums: PLEASE READ; help needed - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PLEASE READ; help needed  "Discussion about the recent announcement"

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

As soon as I get paid, I'll send in a $20.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Don't worry guys, we have enough; the license is already paid for! Thanks a lot for your support.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Okay, but I'll still donate if it's still open.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostForge, on 19 November 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

@Cody. I do apologize for offending you. I don't have a paypal account, and even if I did I have no way of depositing money into it, unless they'll take my pocket change. I was serious with my offer and it's the best I can do atm. Sorry it isn't good enough for you.

It was the fact that your post came across to me like a "why the hell are you guys asking for donations? I am not donating to you so up yours" kind of post.
I must have read it in the wrong context.

User is offline   Kathy 

I still want to know why original donations weren't used. It's not like I demand an answer, but I'm still curious.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostBurnett, on 19 November 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

I still want to know why original donations weren't used. It's not like I demand an answer, but I'm still curious.

I'm sure its because the donations are quite minimal and spotty and aren't even remotely close to covering the yearly expense of maintaining the site. These developers at the Eduke forums pour a lot of time, energy and resources into making this game playable for us. I don't question their ethics at all. They are all working to make us happy and for the love of the game and the experience. Let's just be appreciative that the site is still able to keep going thanks to them.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 20 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostPlagman, on 19 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Guys, thanks a ton. Some of you donated a lot more than reasonable. You guys are crazy. If anyone wants a cool title or something like that just PM TerminX or me. I just got the license stuff straightened out and TX is looking at setting it up.

PM? I can't

You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

I've been meaning to ask for some time if this can be changed, much as I don't really use it, it'd be nice to have the option, any chance of this? Doesn't matter if not, just seeing the forum stay up is enough for me.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostPaul B, on 19 November 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

I'm sure its because the donations are quite minimal and spotty and aren't even remotely close to covering the yearly expense of maintaining the site. These developers at the Eduke forums pour a lot of time, energy and resources into making this game playable for us. I don't question their ethics at all. They are all working to make us happy and for the love of the game and the experience. Let's just be appreciative that the site is still able to keep going thanks to them.

I'm not saying I'm not grateful. It's just that I wasn't able to donate to this cause because of chipin being down and wanted them to use my previously donated money. I mean I donated long time ago to duke4.net so that it could continue in case of some fuck up(which applies to this situation).

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostBurnett, on 20 November 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

I'm not saying I'm not grateful. It's just that I wasn't able to donate to this cause because of chipin being down and wanted them to use my previously donated money. I mean I donated long time ago to duke4.net so that it could continue in case of some fuck up(which applies to this situation).

Total agreement with this. Chipin was down for me too, so I couldn't give a dime. :P Damnit Plag, take our money!

This post has been edited by Achenar: 20 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Well... donation is running until december 18th. :P

User is online   Mark 

Plagman. Paypal'ed you direct again with a little gift. For all the hours spent here, its a lot of "bang for the buck".

This post has been edited by Mark.: 20 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

1. When is the upgrade happening?
2. Now that we know this works, would it be feasible to have a similar idea for a 'sprint' to give certain things like Polymer optimizations and mp a speed up?

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

View PostBurnett, on 19 November 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Are you talking about donations to Yatta/Duke4.net? I assume he used that for his own hosting; Duke4.net the website isn't hosted on my server. I think Yatta rents a server from edgenetwork or something like that.

View PostMark., on 20 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Plagman. Paypal'ed you direct again with a little gift. For all the hours spent here, its a lot of "bang for the buck".

Thanks, very appreciated. You guys probably spend more time here than me, I should be donating to you.

View PostTea Monster, on 21 November 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

1. When is the upgrade happening?
2. Now that we know this works, would it be feasible to have a similar idea for a 'sprint' to give certain things like Polymer optimizations and mp a speed up?

We have the license, and TerminX set up a cloned forum with the new version and is trying to re-do the theme there (since it isn't compatible with the new version). As soon as it looks / works good enough I assume he'll swap the two copies.

Well, at least in my case donations can't give me time. I'd very much rather you guys donate if you're happy with such and such feature rather than the opposite, as I can't really guarantee stuff would happen in a given timeframe.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The upgrade should happen sometime in the next week or so. The theme stuff is a lot of work... stay tuned!

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostPlagman, on 21 November 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'd very much rather you guys donate if you're happy with such and such feature rather than the opposite, as I can't really guarantee stuff would happen in a given timeframe.

Alright, then I'll donate another $5 once new version is up and running.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

just received a pm from Tx asking for the three dollars I offered earlier

something about strippers working for tips

at least our donations are being put to a good use

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostForge, on 26 November 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

just received a pm from Tx asking for the three dollars I offered earlier

something about strippers working for tips

at least our donations are being put to a good use

See, you should be donating him more Forge so he can be attending up scale bars and clubs where the strippers would be asking for $100 bill tips, not loose change.

• el fundador

I agree!

P.S. the new forums are nearing completion. :P

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Guys, I go to the FED2k Forums which run on the same IPBoard engine, and I've just discovered similar behaviour to the one you have described: the /> symbols appear right after smileys. Any advice how to counter that, or what to do to ensure security? I'll forward that to the FED2k admins ASAP. Any help will be appreciated!

• el fundador

There's a security update that addresses it (available for free to anyone, no license required) but they really need to clean the infected crap out of all their php as well. Basically, a bunch of different php files are going to have this big "IPB_FIREWALL" block at the bottom full of obfuscated malicious code that will need to be removed.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Thank you so much for the reply! I'm not sure I fully understand that but the admins will. Thanks!

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostBurnett, on 21 November 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Alright, then I'll donate another $5 once new version is up and running.

Well, donation possibility ended 4 days ago.

Can we have an update since the last one was month ago?

• el fundador

The new forums are almost ready. I had to do the whole theme myself this time since RedSplat wasn't available or didn't want to help or something, but it's almost done. I've just been really busy with the whole Christmas season thing. I had wanted to make them live this week, last week and the week before that as well but time has been slim. Nevertheless, they are almost done!

User is offline   Kathy 

When it's done!

User is offline   Kathy 

:angry:

User is offline   Forge 

Tx is married, cut him some slack

..."you spend to much time on that computer"....
..."the yard needs to be mowed"...
..."your mother in law is coming to stay for a month"...
..."does this make me look fat? you're sleeping on the couch!!"...
..."let's go pick out new furniture"...
etc.,etc.etc.etc.etc.........

User is offline   Hank 

View PostForge, on 07 March 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Tx is married, cut him some slack

..."you spend to much time on that computer"....
..."the yard needs to be mowed"...
..."your mother in law is coming to stay for a month"...
..."does this make me look fat? you're sleeping on the couch!!"...
..."let's go pick out new furniture"...
etc.,etc.etc.etc.etc.........

His wife was very sick.
All the best to TX. Without him, there would have been no Mapster or Mapster32.

User is offline   Kathy 

I haven't said anything.

User is offline   Forge 

*sigh*

it's a joke. you know? to lighten the mood. Tx has enough to worry about other than some website

why does half the Duke4 community walk around with a stick up their butt?

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

You're not making any sense.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options