• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Res Screenshots Are Coming Today

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

just the publicity you needed Robert,
http://www.shacknews...article.x/54940

Update: 3DRforumite Steve and fansite Duke4.net provided better quality captures than the initial batches, one of which was made with a Motorola KRAZR phone.

User is offline   Lead 

It's cool we have nice quality shots now even if not at full resolution.

I'm just surprised after all this time that nobody, especially a news site, hasn't bothered to have someone just plow through the game and get the shots online.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I just unlocked the screenshots! They look awesome on the TV! I wish I had a way to capture them in high quality and post them. :)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

NUKEMDAVE,
Do you have a DVD Recorder or something?

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postzchri9, on Sep 28 2008, 02:30 AM, said:

NUKEMDAVE,
Do you have a DVD Recorder or something?

Sadly no, but I wish I did.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Lol, I do
Im going to upload video of me playing Duke XBLA trial later onto youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/zchri9

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Something like this would be needed: http://www.blackmagi...ucts/intensity/

User is offline   Tural 

Hello everyone. Nobody here knows me, but I figured I'd drop by after seeing the article about the screenshots posted on Kotaku.
I happen to have Duke Nukem 3D on XBLA. This isn't all that worth mentioning, but what is is that that I have XSATA, a device which allows me to transfer files to and from my 360 hard drive and my computer. Upon seeing these captured screenshots, I decided to go get the real images, directly from the game.

I hooked up XSATA, transferred the game to my computer. I extracted the contents of the game's container using wxPirs, a publicly available tool. Upon doing so, I navigated to the "media" folder within the game files, and then to the "DukeUI.xzp" file in there. I used a tool called Altus, another free tool anyone can download, and looked through it. Inside I found a "GALLERY" folder, which contains all of the images from the gallery in-game. I extracted DNFShot1.jpg and DNFShot2.jpg. Sadly, there are no other DNF shots hidden in there, as I had hoped. There are just these two, as others have said.

These are the absolute highest quality images available, taken directly from the game files. No capture card, just the actual files that 3D Realms put in there themselves.

I had originally sent these to Kotaku so they could be the first to publish them, but they don't seem to have any intention of doing so, so I will provide them here, where people want to see them.

You can watermark these images in the same way as the others, but please credit me as Tural if you publish them on the site. Also, please localize the images. I don't own the server these are hosted on, and I don't want a lot of traffic to flood it. As far as I know, I am the sole person to extract these files from the game. Nobody else has claimed to have them as of yet, so these are exclusive, just for duke4.net. Enjoy.

http://www.duke4.net/images/newspost_image...e3dxbl/dnf1.jpg

http://www.duke4.net/images/newspost_image...e3dxbl/dnf2.jpg

This post has been edited by Micki!: 28 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

User is offline   Echo Black 

View PostTural, on Sep 28 2008, 07:19 PM, said:

Hello everyone. Nobody here knows me, but I figured I'd drop by after seeing the article about the screenshots posted on Kotaku.
I happen to have Duke Nukem 3D on XBLA. This isn't all that worth mentioning, but what is is that that I have XSATA, a device which allows me to transfer files to and from my 360 hard drive and my computer. Upon seeing these captured screenshots, I decided to go get the real images, directly from the game.

I hooked up XSATA, transferred the game to my computer. I extracted the contents of the game's container using wxPirs, a publicly available tool. Upon doing so, I navigated to the "media" folder within the game files, and then to the "DukeUI.xzp" file in there. I used a tool called Altus, another free tool anyone can download, and looked through it. Inside I found a "GALLERY" folder, which contains all of the images from the gallery in-game. I extracted DNFShot1.jpg and DNFShot2.jpg. Sadly, there are no other DNF shots hidden in there, as I had hoped. There are just these two, as others have said.

These are the absolute highest quality images available, taken directly from the game files. No capture card, just the actual files that 3D Realms put in there themselves.

I had originally sent these to Kotaku so they could be the first to publish them, but they don't seem to have any intention of doing so, so I will provide them here, where people want to see them.

You can watermark these images in the same way as the others, but please credit me as Tural if you publish them on the site. Also, please localize the images. I don't own the server these are hosted on, and I don't want a lot of traffic to flood it. As far as I know, I am the sole person to extract these files from the game. Nobody else has claimed to have them as of yet, so these are exclusive, just for duke4.net. Enjoy.

http://www.duke4.net/images/newspost_image...e3dxbl/dnf1.jpg

http://www.duke4.net/images/newspost_image...e3dxbl/dnf2.jpg

Many thanks, man. Could you rip the Duke 3D artwork for us, too?

Anyways, great job.

User is offline   Tural 

View PostEcho Black, on Sep 28 2008, 05:33 PM, said:

Many thanks, man. Could you rip the Duke 3D artwork for us, too?

Anyways, great job.

Sure thing, I'll grab it and upload it in a bit.

http://www.duke4.net...hp?extend.230.2

This post has been edited by Micki!: 28 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Tural
ank you, VERY much for these, i will get the news item updated as fast as possible..! We will credit you as well of course, these are indeed the best looking images yet avaiable on the internet :)

Thanks for contacting us here :)

In the future, you can also send them via mail to the members of Duke4.net, we might miss stuff posted here at times...

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Tural,
Your my hero man!
Thanks for uploading the screens!
They're awesome!

This post has been edited by zchri9: 28 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

User is offline   Micki! 

This will be dellayed a bit, i am sorry for that...
Need the right people for this, i don't have the watermark, and something seems changed since last timei checked the database where we upload images, so i can't upload stuff myself just now...

Please, could you keep these not spreading all over the net just yet..? i want our front page to do that job :) We love visitors, this WILL give us a ton :)

[edit:]
I have saved your original post Tural, and will return this back to normal soon

I am sorry people, that i do this, but Kristian and i agreed that we thouht this is the best for Duke4.net, as to exclusive content like this can be taken by anyone before us...

Please don't hate us, you WILL get this soon

User is offline   Tural 

Currently only two sources have these, you and Kotaku, and Kotaku has shown no interest in posting them (I sent them yesterday afternoon and they haven't responded or posted yet). Either way, I sent them a follow-up asking them to not publish the images if they were planning to, so that this site can be the first.

User is offline   Micki! 

Thank you for this Tural, i appreciate this ALOT, i will give you a huge thanks for providing these, i will make sure of that :)

Also, i hope you don't mind the latest edits i made for posts in here, me and a Fellow Moderator here (Kristian) decided to keep it away from public just now, untill we get the news up...

I hope i don't piss off anyone, hehe

User is offline   Tural 

'Tis fine with me. =)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Thank God i already got the screenshots before Micki! edited the post =]

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

This is just stupid, just upload the pictures. It's not like you'll get a million hits because of it. People will see it and then forget about the site.

User is offline   Danule 

boooo

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I could show you my desktop if you like? =P

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Micki!,
I hate you for editing someone's posts before I could see the pics and not having the picks up when I am around.

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostDavoX, on Sep 29 2008, 01:18 AM, said:

This is just stupid, just upload the pictures. It's not like you'll get a million hits because of it. People will see it and then forget about the site.

I am really REALLY sorry, but Kristian suggested this, and i had to agree... It's not entirely because of hits, but the fact that it is exclusively us... It's a matter of how we are capable of showing our own original news, without relying on other major news sites being the first, then copying the news they have in their context...

I completely understand why you dislike this whole thing, i'd probably be in rather bad mood if i was in your place as well, but i do this for Duke4.net's sake of original content, please, i hope you understand why we do this...

The last thing we wanna do, is pissing off the community on purpose

User is offline   Danule 

so when are the shots going to be online?

User is offline   Micki! 

Huh..?

Oh, yeah... Now...

:)

Ps
I changed the old messages back to the old versions again, with original links and all
Sorry for the inconvenience, i hope not too many were bothered by our decision... Kick my ass later when DNF is released via a match, i'll gladly take that :)

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

I totally agree on that decision, it wasn't that huge of a delay at all :)

Looking good! I bet it looks 10x better in-motion - as most games do.

User is offline   Micki! 

Yeah, usually screenshots don't do much justice at all...

PS
I remember Tural saying he didn't want the traffic to the website he personally linked, so i will replace them with our own Duke4.net ones :)

User is offline   Echo Black 

You guys should probably delete the older posting (with the cam pics). Nothing against Steve, but why have two news items, one with pics of wildly less quality? Not to mention both news posts tout their screens as "high res", which is not the case presently. :)

Just mention Steve's original pics in the new post if you guys are feeling bad about not giving him props.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Well, the purpose of keeping the old news item is:

1. Historical purposes
2. Many external sites are linking to that particular news item, which, if deleted, may create dead links.
3. We're thankful to Steve and would prefer that his name stay on the site too.

User is offline   Micki! 

If it's a bother, i guess we could minimize the news, to take lesser space from the main site, but still linknig to the original article (-regarding other sites linking it)
But then again, i guess not enough people would care or notice anyhow...

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Why is the blue light passing through Duke's head as if it was hollow? you can see his lips blue...

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options