Duke4.net Forums: Why Do You Enjoy The Type Of Games You Play? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Do You Enjoy The Type Of Games You Play?

Guest_Miss Mystery_*

The title says it all.

Why does one enjoy Duke Nukem. Why does one enjoy Max Payne. Etc.

What makes these games[& others] so fun for an individual?

It took me 3 fucking years to finish Max Payne. Posted Image

It's something to do with my time besides listen to people bitch about their life and watch movies. Same reason why I'm still playing video games.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I got up the last level of max payne and couldnt get the ariel thing to collapse =/
meh
i like the kinda game iplay because theres tons of violence and on ocassion a good storyline

User is offline   Havoc 05 

meh...

Many reasons...

sometimes my mood calls for extreme senseless violence, and other times I want to see a good story.
In short, I play games because it entertains me. :)

I play Duke Nukem because its funny. And I want max payne 2 because the geek in me likes the physics engine. ;)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

There's so much between each game's genre that i respect...

Painkiller is awesome for sensless mass killing and gib splattering...
AVP2, simply because shredding people apart as Alien is awe-tastic

I like some games ideas like RPG elements in FPS style gaming... Like Stalker, and how Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 seem to be like (can't know about those two last ones for sure yet, obviously)
Age of Empires is fun old times in RTS gaming, and i never laughed more about any games cheat codes, than what this game had to offer (Robots, tricycle babies with shotguns, lighting priests, Photon Troopers, Catapults shooting cows and people, Black cars with rocketlauncher weilding drivers... so much fun :))

Carmageddon is the best racing game in the world imo... How can you possibly, not like running over people (or cows) with a red Sports car with a saw-blade across the roof... And get wacky bonuses for how you kill pedestrians and opponenet racing competitors... The Powerups were all just as strange and fun... Instant handbrake oughta be the weirdest of them... - FULL SPEED, then instant Brake... You even stand still in the air if you keep holding it, keeping you floating haha... Game had awesome Soundtrack a well

Then there's a good story in a game, awesome sequences, and great animations and voice acting, and graphics too - which all makes a games quality worthwhile to me...

I can't just categorize one 'type of game' i like though, i need to mention a certain game for that, and mention what elements in it i find awesome... It may not necessarily feel the same way, or be any good at all if another game shared those features with another...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options