Duke4.net Forums: Duke4.net And Dnf - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke4.net And Dnf

User is offline   Dennis 

I was wondering why every news bit about DNF and previews & interviews is coming from Shacknews.

I know that George is fond of Shacknews, but it is strange that the only real
fansite in the world never has any exclusive news or interviews with 3Drealms ? Sometimes it seems that 3Drealms is ignoring this website on purpose.

This post has been edited by Dennis: 28 August 2008 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostDennis, on Aug 28 2008, 05:53 AM, said:

I was wondering why every news bit, tests, previews is coming from Shacknews.
And never saw any news or interviews from 3DRealms exclusivley on Duke4.net.

I know that George is fond of Shacknews, but it is strange that the only real
fansite in the world never has any exlusive news or interviews with 3Drealms ?

I agree that Duke4.net should have some exclusive interviews with George. :) Yatta, have you ever tried to interview him for this site? It would be awesome if Duke4.net could get an interview with 3D Realms. ;)

This post has been edited by ultra tree 85!: 28 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Rather simple really - Shacknews is pretty much the only place he talks, so when something DNF related comes out, that's likely where he will spill it.

User is offline   Dennis 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Aug 28 2008, 04:06 PM, said:

I agree that Duke4.net should have some exclusive interviews with George. :) Yatta, have you ever tried to interview him for this site? It would be awesome if Duke4.net could get an interview with 3D Realms. ;)

It's about time ;)

If George not responds, than stop with this site and begin a Croteam fansite or something ;)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

We will have interviews and other cool stuff, when it's done. When it matters.
Yeah, 3DR has a very friendly relationship with shacknews, but it's not that we are complete strangers to them. :)
Shacknews is simply more professional and more trustworthy.
It's only natural and smart to premiere stuff at sites you know will handle it well.

There's no conspiracy and they're not purposely ignoring a fansite.
They just don't like Yatta.. hehehe. ;)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

While I agree with RedSplat's statement, I'd just like to add the following:

View Postultra tree 85!, on Aug 28 2008, 07:06 AM, said:

Yes, I did try to set up several interviews, with George as well as some 3DR employees. George of course never responded to my e-mails, and the employees in question told me that George forbid them to answer my interview questions. It's a shame because I had spent a lot of time thinking up good questions to ask too, while at the same time being careful about not asking about sensitive material.

As far as the support we receive from 3DR--that's quite limited to the link they have to Duke4.net over at the DNF game page on the official 3DR site.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I tried to interview George twice and he refussed both times.
atleast he replied to my emails.

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostYatta, on Aug 28 2008, 11:02 PM, said:

While I agree with RedSplat's statement, I'd just like to add the following:
Yes, I did try to set up several interviews, with George as well as some 3DR employees. George of course never responded to my e-mails, and the employees in question told me that George forbid them to answer my interview questions. It's a shame because I had spent a lot of time thinking up good questions to ask too, while at the same time being careful about not asking about sensitive material.

As far as the support we receive from 3DR--that's quite limited to the link they have to Duke4.net over at the DNF game page on the official 3DR site.

I really think that this is great site :)

But it's not normal I think that George never responded to youre mail, it's not that there are a thousand fan sites, there is only one (active anyway).

View Postzchri9, on Aug 28 2008, 11:55 PM, said:

I tried to interview George twice and he refussed both times.
atleast he replied to my emails.

with what reason did he refused?

I do hope once they are ready we get some exlusive stuff. :)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

By the way guys, Thanks for the support you've shown Duke4.net. It means a lot.

I know this might sound silly considering this is a game site and all--but I (and RedSplat of course) have put our hearts and souls into it and I think it's one accomplishment we're proud of, regardless of the support we receive from 3DR.

The amount of traffic we've been able to fork over, considering there's little DNF news to report on, has been fantastic and I'm proud of our visitor loyalty. :)

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Sure thing, I am sure that 3D Realms will give something "back" to duke4.net - after DNF is finished. Or, that would be fair in my opinion.

I understand their stance now as the game isn't done, they wan't to keep tight-lipped. We all know why, and we all know that they won't give interviews considering DNF very easily. Most of interviews that we've seen aren't too specific on anything regarding DNF.

The thing that intrigues me the most, is why didn't George Broussard respond to your emails? Some feud between you guys :) ?

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Stay tuned. :)

User is offline   rockmx8 

View Postkaisersoze, on Aug 28 2008, 10:46 PM, said:

Stay tuned. :)

Exactly bro! ;)

There better be a TRAILER for DNF this year hopefully to GOD.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postpeoplessi, on Aug 28 2008, 06:46 PM, said:

The thing that intrigues me the most, is why didn't George Broussard respond to your emails? Some feud between you guys :) ?

No feud. I have no idea what his reasoning was--probably something along the lines of what RedSplat said.

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostYatta, on Aug 29 2008, 01:13 AM, said:

No feud. I have no idea what his reasoning was--probably something along the lines of what RedSplat said.

Right.

And maybe u should ask him later, when he feels like answering questions or revealing info or media etc. We all know how strict and confidential he is with DNF... :)

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 28 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

• Honored Donor

View Postrockmx8, on Aug 28 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

Exactly bro! :)

There better be a TRAILER for DNF this year hopefully to GOD.

I was referring to an interview. ;)

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Just a sidenote, rockmx8 you should tune down that "god this and that" stuff, since not all share the same faith as you do. It would be only appropiate to respect those people too, and keep this strictly on DNF and related.

View Postkaisersoze, on Aug 29 2008, 02:21 PM, said:

I was referring to an interview. :)

do you know more than us? ;)

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Aug 29 2008, 04:43 PM, said:

do you know more than us? :)

I never know who knows what but what I know is for you to find out. ;)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I dream of this website, either being part of a huge popular gaming network (that we create ourselves of course), or being officially connected to 3DR, A community website so to speak, much like Gearbox Software has a community website as well...

View PostMicki!, on Aug 30 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

I dream of this website...

Never thought about it like that before Micki, good dream. I hope this site stays up, whatever its fate, especially since I'm banned from 3DR for admitting to downloading DN:MP after leaving my disk in a taxi on the way home, unfair Joe!

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 30 August 2008 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   Micki! 

It was meant more as a metaphoric sense of saying it :)

zchri9:
Will duke4.net get a exclusive interview with you?

George:
duke4.net hasn't asked, but sure.

http://forums.xbox.c...9/ShowPost.aspx

Go guys get George and ask everything we want to know about DNF and DN3D :)

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Sep 7 2008, 04:43 PM, said:

http://forums.xbox.c...9/ShowPost.aspx

Go guys get George and ask everything we want to know about DNF and DN3D :)

Strange that they never asked, but good news anyway. And more DNF stuff is on the way ;)

• Honored Donor

Well Duke4.net may not have asked but I have. :) And it'll be a Duke4.net exclusive. WIR(When it's ready)

User is offline   Micki! 

We actually did ask, and when we do get word from them regarding it, we'll forward it to you Kaiser, i reckon you reserved place of being among our first DNF interview guys, right..? :)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

the difference is i asked and he said yes =P

User is offline   Dennis 

View Postkaisersoze, on Sep 9 2008, 12:19 PM, said:

Well Duke4.net may not have asked but I have. :) And it'll be a Duke4.net exclusive. WIR(When it's ready)

Good idea, but if you didn't asked anything about DNF you will be punished.

This post has been edited by Dennis: 09 September 2008 - 04:57 AM

• Honored Donor

View Postzchri9, on Sep 9 2008, 06:30 AM, said:

the difference is i asked and he said yes =P

I asked him over a year ago and he said yes then. :) But this isn't a "tit for tat" thread. I'm pretty sure George will be talking more over the next few months.

This post has been edited by kaisersoze: 09 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

User is offline   Echo Black 

Hi all. First post. Don't know why it took me so long to register here. :)

Anyways, ask him things that haven't been asked before! If you run out of questions, ask him about MP and what the team's inspirations for it are, etc.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options