Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Commander Keen 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Commander Keen 3D  "First Level of Keen 1 for Duke 3d"

This is a Duke 3d map of the first Level of Commander Keen 1, complete with Keen's Raygun replacing the RPG.

This will work if you put it in the same folder as eduke32. The graphics have to be set to normal, old school mode; It won't work if you use the HRP models instead. I made this about five years ago, and it was lost until I recently found it, so it might need some tweaking to work with the latest stuff. I'm just releasing it "as is" for Duke & Keen fans to check out. All the stuff is compiled into the .grp file, so you will need to extract it if you want to use the art files or map to do your own thing... like make more levels etc.

It's time to kick ass and shoot yorps!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by sirhenryjonesthe8th: 26 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Well, this is something completely unexpected!

I like it, I presume you are going to eventually add stuff like the pogo stick, moving enemies pickups and all that jazz?

User is offline   MetHy 

Well, this is a promising beta, you should keep working on it (add gameplay, sound, music) and at least make 3-4 levels. This type of levels don't look like they'd take very long to make.

I wanted to make the yorps move and the points able to be picked up, but I have no idea how to change the code for the monsters etc.

If anyone wants to use this as a starting point, and add some really cool features, they are more than welcome to do so!

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Every good release has screenshots...

User is offline   thatguy 

Finally some screenshots! That looks pretty dope!

User is online   ck3D 

that looks so cool !

User is offline   MrFlibble 

This is just outright awesome.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Commander Keen 5 mod. Now. NOW!!!

User is offline   wesley025 

I must say that i am really impressed with this.Keen was one of the classic games.

However,i can get the map to work right.Gun shows like the laser gun but the map is one big mess no matter what i try.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Yeah this is really rad. I made sure to tweet it to Tom Hall and he thought it looked cool as well. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options