Duke4.net Forums: Polymost renderer: HRP first person RPG HUD weapon display error - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polymost renderer: HRP first person RPG HUD weapon display error

User is offline   Zagro 

Running eduke32 (shareware data) with latest HRP I get the attached rendering issue. Running on Linux, self-compiled, Radeon X1600 with updated oibaf mesa driver from:
https://launchpad.ne...aphics-drivers/

Is it a know issue? Other than that, it works surprisingly perfect and fast (60 fps).

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: eduke32-corrupt.png

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 17 October 2012 - 08:42 PM
Reason for edit: thread title

User is offline   Zagro 

OK, I found this thread, same issue:
http://forums.duke4....h-up-on-screen/

I was running with polymost renderer but with polymer HRP. With Polymost HRP v5.1.295 it works fine. Polymer doesn't run well on my OpenGL 2.1 card.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I thought Hendricks or someone was going to modify the def files so that it displayed normally in polymost as well. IIRC there was no need to adjust the FOV to get the right position and look on the screen.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMicky C, on 17 October 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

I thought Hendricks or someone was going to modify the def files so that it displayed normally in polymost as well. IIRC there was no need to adjust the FOV to get the right position and look on the screen.
I don't think the current Polymer HRP RPG model (+ firing animation) can be displayed as intended without the fov paramter which is ignored by the Polymost renderer.
You could edit the DEF like this to make it look less bad in Polymost, at the expense of Polymer:
hud { tile0 2544 tile1 2546 xadd 1.5 yadd 5.2 zadd -0.5 angadd -64 }

But why bother when there's a Polymost HRP/override available?

Zagro, please rename this thread (using "Full Editor") to
Polymost renderer : HRP first person RPG HUD weapon display error
so that other guys can find this easier through the search function.

Maybe some moderator can make it sticky.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 17 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMicky C, on 17 October 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

It was Plagman's idea, and the idea was to have defs support automatically loading different assets (RPG model, textures) depending on each renderer. When we first discussed it I thought his implementation of it was imminent. I may implement it in the future but it is a little beyond my experience for the time being.

User is offline   Zagro 

Thanks, so this mean that both polymer / polymost could eventually use the same HRP zip? It took me quite a while to understand what was happening, this may simplify use.

A question: after a clean installation which is the default renderer? Following instructions here I supposed it was polymer. Is there some form of default based on OpenGL version (polymer if OpenGL >= 3.0)?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostZagro, on 19 October 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

Thanks, so this mean that both polymer / polymost could eventually use the same HRP zip? It took me quite a while to understand what was happening, this may simplify use.

NightFright said:

... later this year
The development repository is ready for this. However, the default starting point of the definition file hierarchy still needs to be altered for using Polymost HRP. This can currently be done by a command line parameter (not recommended) or using the override pack (2MiB).

A question: after a clean installation which is the default renderer?
Simply delete or rename your eduke32.cfg to find out. :D (It appears to be Polymost.)

Following instructions here I supposed it was polymer. Is there some form of default based on OpenGL version (polymer if OpenGL >= 3.0)?
No.

View PostHendricks266, on 17 October 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

It was Plagman's idea, and the idea was to have defs support automatically loading different assets (RPG model, textures) depending on each renderer. When we first discussed it I thought his implementation of it was imminent. I may implement it in the future but it is a little beyond my experience for the time being.
That's not pressing. But, if you get to start that, please consider the same for maphacks, too. The latter would be the primary requisite to get rid of any override pack.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLeoD, on 19 October 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

But, if you get to start that, please consider the same for maphacks, too. The latter would be the primary requisite to get rid of any override pack.

Ah, I didn't even think of that. Maphacks will absolutely get the feature at the same time defs do.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options