Duke4.net Forums: Why Were You Banned From The 3dr Forums? - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why Were You Banned From The 3dr Forums?  "Curious about the "blank line under name" club..."

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Cuz 3DR si ghey......

No seriously, I already said just about everything there is to say here:

http://www.duke4.net/forums/index.php?show...&#entry6751

I think I mentioned that I have a new account, but I actually do post now....
Would there be any potential repercussions here or any other place if I were to reveal my new 3DR Alias?

I'm leaning towards a "no", as my ban from 3DR was that of the "IP" variety. ;)

I honestly can't believe I got an IP ban as my first and (intended)only ban.....you'd think I was posting pictures and plans regarding an illegal stash of stolen WMDs. :rolleyes: Seriously, I would never be stupid enough to take pictures of them, let alone post them publicly.

Disclaimer(for the purpose of avoiding alarm): The previous paragraph was meant as a JOKE, i.e. composed of completely erroneous and misleading information. For the record, I have no affiliations with or connections to Hamas, Al Queida or any other terrorist organization of any sort located in the Middle East or elsewhere. Such groups of strong hate and violence conflict greatly with my own personal morals and religious beliefs. I choose not to, in any way shape or form; promote, assist or associate with any of these vile acts of harm against other human beings or any other form of terrestrial life. Peace, not war, dude.

Imho it's those alien bastards we should be saving our WMDs for as in reality, there is no such person as Duke Nukem. (ok, I'll add "as far as we know" just in case I just dashed anyone's dreams).

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Your IP was banned?
Just use a proxy if you want to see whats going on.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDuke Rocks, on Mar 10 2009, 11:05 PM, said:

I think I mentioned that I have a new account, but I actually do post now....
Would there be any potential repercussions here or any other place if I were to reveal my new 3DR Alias?

Most likely, not, if you're "behaving" well with the new account.

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postzchri9, on Mar 10 2009, 01:52 PM, said:

Your IP was banned?
Just use a proxy if you want to see whats going on.

That's exactly what I did....how else do you think I would've been able to get a new account??

User is offline   Kathy 

Why do you think your ip was banned? I mean, maybe it's just cookies or something. Ok, I don't think that you're dumb, but just in case...

This post has been edited by Lotan: 11 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

To change your IP you should be able to turn your modem off and leave it for about 5 minutes.
That usually changes the IP.

User is offline   Kathy 

You do understand that people have various kinds of connections to provider/internet?

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostLotan, on Mar 11 2009, 01:01 PM, said:

Why do you think your ip was banned? I mean, maybe it's just cookies or something. Ok, I don't think that you're dumb, but just in case...

Well, maybe the fact that I was banned, tried signing up with a different e-mail account, and upon logging in with the new account, got a message that said "banned users stay banned".....so then I used an anonymous proxy, signed up again with a third e-mail account and that time was finally let in??

Is that enough of an indication for you???? :rolleyes:

User is offline   Kathy 

Pretty much. :rolleyes:

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Personally I think Joe shouldn't be messed with.
If you're banned stay banned.

User is offline   Kathy 

It depends on the situation.

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

Haven't been banned yet. But I've gotten my fair share of warnings.
1. posting about a game that is now only attainable as a collectors item or through less than reputable means. (cleared up) Knights of Xentar
2. Posting a gif in the PT with He-man "seemingly" jizzing in Tom cruise, and a bunch of other people's faces.
3. posting an edit of Phait's older avatar of whatever that hot girl was called. Frieda or something. I put little white blobs on here face and apparently it got mistaken for jizz.

that's all, but now! I'm putting on a helmet and slipping on my evil knievel gloves cuz baby, I'm gonna go start a flame war on 3dr!!!!
...or not. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Please don't Ramen, we love you too much to lose you over there...
Here however, you are allowed to throw as much sexually suggestive (or even directly sexually acted) scenes of imagery and videos... We don't care, we are an adult community afterall, we can take it...
No go post REAL oints or some girly tits in our own post thread if you feel like it, haha...

PS
I loved the Steve oints version with your avatar's heads edited into it instead, haha, it looked like a wrestling move...

User is offline   Kathy 

Ok, I've searched internets, but could find what the hell are oints... Those are balls or what?

User is offline   Micki! 

Oints are manboobs/chestmuscles, moving because the man who has them stretches said muscles...
The term is made up though, from an oldboxing game (Punchout ..?!) a pixelated person is doing this, and in the background the word "Points" has the P cut off, so it says oints... Ramen found that pic, and we had much fun with this made up menaing...

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

View PostLotan, on Mar 31 2009, 02:40 AM, said:

Ok, I've searched internets, but could find what the hell are oints... Those are balls or what?

Micki! already explained it. But here's the original:
Posted Image

Source is: http://www.i-mockery...s/sexual-games/
Don't worry Micki!, I'm just joking about the flame wars. The last thing I wanna do is get banned from 3dr. Thx for the welcome! I'm gonna start posting in this community as well now. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Micki! 

Yay, and damn that's sexy...

Surprisingly I never got banned though I know I pissed Joe off a few times (I know because he would send me personal messages telling me so).

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

View PostMountain Man, on May 8 2009, 05:52 PM, said:

Surprisingly I never got banned though I know I pissed Joe off a few times (I know because he would send me personal messages telling me so).

No, I think he does that to everyone :rolleyes:
Haha, where's the time...

User is offline   Dave-ros 

Hey Cerb, long time no see -- remind me, why did you get banned? Was it you or Laffer who posted some kind of offensive picture? :rolleyes:

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMountain Man, on May 8 2009, 08:52 AM, said:

Hey, I still got those from him for a long time after I became a moderator even. That guy put up with a surprising amount of shit... it was actually really hard to get banned from 3DR for behavioral reasons. We gave just about everybody way more warnings than they deserved before any kind of ban happened.

One exception to that is bans for piracy/warez/whatever, many of which were pretty much based on technicalities. I usually fought to get bans from the newer moderators for stupid shit like posting about downloading a mp3 overturned, and actually got quite a few of them reversed, even in cases where I didn't know the person who was banned. Never any lenience for the people who were banned for piracy/warez relating to Apogee/3DR stuff though.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDave-ros, on May 9 2009, 12:02 AM, said:

Hey Cerb, long time no see -- remind me, why did you get banned? Was it you or Laffer who posted some kind of offensive picture? :rolleyes:

It was Laffer.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If I remember right, Cerb was banned because he said he'd borrow DNF from a friend when it came out.

View PostDave-ros, on May 8 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

Yes, that's because you never signed up here. Really nice of you, only signing up when 3DR shuts down :D
Well, actually I hardly ever post here as well, but I thought 3DR shutting down was a good reason to let hear of me again ;)

Yes, that was Laffer who posted that picture (I posted my reason in this thread too).
I didn't even know 3DR was bankrupt by the way, if Laffer didn't send the news to me I still wouldn't know :D

Oh yes, and I didn't find his picture offensive ;)

Less talk, more pic :rolleyes:

Getting banned for saying you'd borrow a video game... I mean, you might have meant the Xbox 720 or PS4 version! ;)

View PostCaptain Awesome, on May 8 2009, 10:36 PM, said:

If I remember right, Cerb was banned because he said he'd borrow DNF from a friend when it came out.

Almost correct, it was Prey.
I said that because I was angry they announced online authentication as DRM. Even after their anti-steam posts (among other things because of the authentication).
It's pretty funny actually, not much time later they announced they scrapped their plans for online authentication, in that way it was all in vain :rolleyes:

User is offline   Kathy 

Look at the first page. It was something about activation or whatever.

User is offline   laffer 

View PostDave-ros, on May 8 2009, 01:48 PM, said:

Less talk, more pic :rolleyes:

I'm not getting banned from this place as well ;)

Laffar! Welcome back -- how about a PM link? :rolleyes:

View Postlaffer, on May 8 2009, 10:59 PM, said:

I'm not getting banned from this place as well :rolleyes:

Why not? We can make our "Duke4.net refugees" forum then ;)

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options