Duke4.net Forums: DEAD TRIGGER For PC? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DEAD TRIGGER For PC?  "zombies from cellphone to pc?????"

User is offline   Nukester10 

This awesome game is just HUGE right now but it doesn't seem to be available for PC!?
Does anyone know whether or not MadFinger games is planning on releasing a PC version of this game anytime soon?

If this game gets anymore popular that would be my bet but then on the other hand they may just be content enough with just dealing with the cell market alone,who knows.

This post has been edited by Nukester10: 03 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

User is offline   bh1002 

It would be a good move if MadFinger did such a thing. I bet someone ported it to PC somehow.

This post has been edited by bh1002: 04 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

No idea if they're planning on it, though I would probably say no. Though the game is great and runs well on my 'Droid phone. :P

EDIT: Apparently I'm wrong, but it is a Unity game so not exactly hard to bring to the PC. ;)

It's on Steam Greenlight, so there you go. Get your upvote on. :P
http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=94153223

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 03 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'd never heard of this game so I downloaded it on my iPad 3. The graphics and controls are amazing. This is how a FPS should be on mobile platforms, the only difference I'd make for the controls is allowing the player to aim by dragging anywhere on the screen instead of just the right so you can aim accurately while shooting.

However I despise the shop component of the game. I haven't actually tried it out, but I just hate these elements. Part of the reason for its existence is to add substance to the game, true, but the other reason is to get people to buy in-app purchases for extra cash or watch advertisements. When it comes down to it, I'd rather pay money up front, and have a pure first person shooter. Is that too much to ask? To have a normal good FPS on iOS?

Hopefully the guys at Machineworks Northwest check it out and change the Duke Nukem 3D iPad controls to be based on it, and add level music back in. Seriously, with some games over a gigabyte in filesize, and with the processing power currently available, are they actually concerned about making the download too big or slowing the game down too much? If they do that then the game could actually be good.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 03 October 2012 - 05:03 AM, said:

I'd never heard of this game so I downloaded it on my iPad 3.

And where did you get an iPad 3 from ;)

Hopefully the guys at Machineworks Northwest check it out and change the Duke Nukem 3D iPad controls to be based on it, and add level music back in.

They are too busy hoping someone will invest a lot of money in their kickstarter :P

User is offline   Jinroh 

Is that too much to ask? To have a normal good FPS on iOS?

What about the N.O.V.A. series, most specifically N.O.V.A. 3, it's actually got some non-ripoff original elements compared to the previous entries in the series, not to mention pretty good controls for mobile and it looks pretty. ;)

Posted Image
http://itunes.apple....d474764934?mt=8

Though if you already have tried it, then I guess just disregard this. xD

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 03 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View Postbh1002, on 02 October 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

I have no clue. Infact I have a question of my own. Why are you asking this on a Duke Nukem forum website and not an Apple forum website or a MadFinger Games website?

Just because it's a Duke Nukem forum doesn't actually mean everything on here is about Duke Nukem. This is a forum called "General Gaming" doesn't have to be about Duke. So I have a question of my own, why are you acting like a back seat moderator?

Anyways, I'll have to try this game out, along with the N.O.V.A. ones. I like phone games, and the market is getting larger all the time. I still think that Wolfenstein 3d for IPod Touch/IPhone/IPad has great controls and is definitely worth getting.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Even then, that's just one game. I don't know why more developers aren't trying to create new original FPS games for the iPad.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I think because it is way easier to make puzzle/side-scroller games for a phone.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options