Duke4.net Forums: A kind of Enhanced Duke 3d mod - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A kind of Enhanced Duke 3d mod

I'm looking for a kind of Enhanced Duke 3d mod or something, where there are no models, only sprites, with additional animation sprites etc. Bullet and shell casings end up on the floor, explosions have additional effects, etc. What I mean is, graphical enhancements without the use of models. Are there any?

You should try dukeplus for some cool effects. And you can turn models off in the options. So models aren't are must if you are using HRP.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

DukePlus is pretty much the closest thing to what you're looking for, for now, but it's really built for 32bit modes.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 23 September 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

for now

User is offline   necroslut 

You could also try Nuclear Showdown, it's pretty similar to DukePlus but a bit older.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

There's also War of Attrition (though it adds a lot of different features).

It can be used without models and polymost IIRC.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postnecroslut, on 23 September 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

You could also try Nuclear Showdown, it's pretty similar to DukePlus but a bit older.

Yes, I was going to suggest that also. But keep in mind that every mod/TC mentioned also alters gameplay (although in DukePlus that can be kept to a minimum with the right settings).

View PostTrooper Dan, on 24 September 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Yes, I was going to suggest that also. But keep in mind that every mod/TC mentioned also alters gameplay (although in DukePlus that can be kept to a minimum with the right settings).

Yeah, I forgot to add that it shouldn't alter gameplay. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDecember Man, on 25 September 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

Yeah, I forgot to add that it shouldn't alter gameplay. Anyway, thanks for the replies.
Have a look at the old SD_DUKE. Don't remember if there's low-res content, though.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I put a little bit of effort into making SD_Duke work better in 8-bit but regardless it's a bit of a trainwreck. IIRC Duke Plus supplants it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options