Duke4.net Forums: Daily DNF Rant Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Daily DNF Rant Thread  "Rants about DNF and its development go here."

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

You're pissed. You can't take it anymore. All patience gone. You need to vent!

Well, here you go. No discussion, no game suggestions and not about any particular DNF/3DR point, other than your frustration.

Go ahead - let it out!

I'll begin.

If it's going to be at least another entire fucking year, then stay with WID - this "stay tuned" horseshit really grinds my gears!! Fairly insulting if you ask me.

Ahhhh . . . much better!

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I think i'll leave this thread going, then i have a place to throw out-of-place comments that ruin the mood, and aren't generally related to the threads topic they were posted in... :)

User is offline   Havoc 05 

I think they should show more media... just a LITTLE more... even if its just a new model for the shotgun or something... show your progress.

Re-affirm that you are making an actuall game.. secrecy just makes things suck.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Great thread idea Crunchy! :)

If no trailer yet, give us some interviews, updates or some new screenshots at least. Even better, they could release some of the "extended" DNF footage Jace Hall apparently has.

Something, anything.

I honestly thought we'd have a trailer by now. ;)

User is offline   godlike 

3d realm is giving the impression of a lazy company who gain money from other developers labour (Max Payne, Prey etc) and from Duke Nukem spinoffs. They haven't created something for over 11 years. If thats not laziness then what is it?

All the other companies of the same era (id, epic) made great games and 3DR "builds" a single project for over 12 years. Just lame

User is offline   Lead 

I was 13 when DNF was first announced.

So I'm hoping that DNF will be done before I'm due for my first prostate exam. I think that is an achievable goal for them.

• Honored Donor

I've often wondered if I'd be any more irritated if, instead of "Stay Tuned", they ended the teaser with "Fuck You!"

• Honored Donor

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Aug 1 2008, 07:57 AM, said:

I've often wondered if I'd be any more irritated if, instead of "Stay Tuned", they ended the teaser with "Fuck You!"

Haha that's gold right there! :)

;)

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Aug 1 2008, 06:57 AM, said:

And officially announced they were never doing DNF, and they were just fucking with us the whole time. Posted Image

User is offline   rockmx8 

No come on guys it's going to be all right for sure, 3DR are doing this on purpose when they do release a Trailer hopefully this year it is going to haul huge amounts of ass that all of you will be speechless after seeing it. It's going to worth the wait for sure, those who wait shall receive... :)

• Honored Donor

I think all of us here support 3dr otherwise we wouldn't be posting here bitching about the wait. :)

It's a good way to blow off some steam.

Sure no problem I completely understand what you mean, but remember... The stronger man is the one that doesn't curse or use violence to get his his point across or acheive his goal. Therefore I am trying to be as nice as humanly possible in every situation besides this, to not Curse or use violence. I have been very successful at it, nowadays I don't curse or bitch much than I used to, thank God for this special strength I have gained and you guys can too.

I know the wait is painful guys, but in the end you will enjoy fruits of your labor beyond reality's comprehension. In the meantime keep yourselves busy, even 3DR said play some other games until their Golden DNF releases you know. I got some work to do, see you guys later Good Luck and God Bless.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postrockmx8, on Aug 2 2008, 01:24 AM, said:

No come on guys it's going to be all right for sure, 3DR are doing this on purpose when they do release a Trailer hopefully this year it is going to haul huge amounts of ass that all of you will be speechless after seeing it. It's going to worth the wait for sure, those who wait shall receive... :)

You're too patient for your own good. ;)

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

We want zee trailer now Broussard or we cut off your johnson!

User is offline   Lead 

Good god.

Even in a specially made rant thread.

WTF is taking so long. We want a trailer not a demo to get released next! I just can't understand why George don't give us at least a single screenshot or a full scale interview to help us pass some more time. The teasing of the last months was just too much and now he dissapoints us once again. :)

• Honored Donor

You know, the time that has passed since that "stay tuned" horseshit (which any rational person would have interpreted as meaning SOON) is actually greater than the entire time they had DNF on the Quake2 engine.

Maybe they've changed their strategy and the trailer will only be 3 months in advance of DNF's release. They did hire a producer (or project overseer can't remember which and I can't check as 3dr site is not allowed at my work) earlier this year and this may have been one of the ideas he has suggested in his role at Apogee/3dr.

I think that the level designer vacancy advertisement was just for multiplayer levels. I seriously don't think they are putting new single player levels in the game at this late stage. I also don't think it will be on the PS3, at least not straight away (sorry Rockmx8).

I think the PSP/PS3 style menu that we saw in the Jason Hall footage will not make it to the final version, nor the weapon selection menu style, as it seems to borrow too heavily from HL2 (and also obscures too much of the screen when selecting a weapon).

I think there will be nods to prolific forum members too as well as many inside jokes aimed at the forum goers.

This wasn't so much of a rant but I just thought I'd share that with you all here.

• Honored Donor

Another day and more of the same - nothing!!

SHIT!!! :)

Stay tuned my ass!

SinisterRambo my Duke Fan friend, it will make it on PS3 for sure, maybe not on the same release day with 360 and PC, but later it should. I'm getting both a 360 and PS3 any ways, I already have them in my house, but they belong to my brother and my friend. I will get my own later after I'm done upgrading a few things technically.

Any ways If I were you guys, I'd keep myself busy with whatever you have in mind until new DNF media comes up, instead of ranting about it like I said before you know. Stay Alert because we've known from experience DNF media is know to show up at times you least expect it and hit you like a bolt of lightning... :)

Good Luck and God Bless you all.

• Honored Donor

It's a rant thread.

If you want a pretty, happy puppy-rainbow thread, go make one of those.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Some one did. :)

I still don't understand why there is no more footage of DNF. Seriously, what ever happened to "stay tuned"?
Yes, staying tuned can mean to wait until "next time" which could be a week or something in a TV series. but really, how long are we expected to wait after that teaser there?

Yeah, sure, it was a slip on their part to put that in there. That is my guess.

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Aug 8 2008, 06:46 AM, said:

It's a rant thread.

If you want a pretty, happy puppy-rainbow thread, go make one of those.

HAHA LOL!! That is funny thanks for the comment dude!!

View PostMr.Flibbles, on Aug 12 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

Some one did. :)

I still don't understand why there is no more footage of DNF. Seriously, what ever happened to "stay tuned"?
Yes, staying tuned can mean to wait until "next time" which could be a week or something in a TV series. but really, how long are we expected to wait after that teaser there?

Yeah, sure, it was a slip on their part to put that in there. That is my guess.

Well I'd say I don't blame them at all and will continue to wait, we are very close to seeing a Trailer this year, So Stay Tuned all of you dudes... ;)

• Honored Donor

Well, here's another week about gone with nary a peep from anyone in Garland.

sigh

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Duke Nukem Xbox Live will give them more time to delay DNF :) Players will be focused on Duke3D leaving DNF in the shadows again for more months.

• Honored Donor

View PostDavoX, on Aug 16 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

Duke Nukem Xbox Live will give them more time to delay DNF :) Players will be focused on Duke3D leaving DNF in the shadows again for more months.

I don't think that's true at all.

If anything, it'd be smart for 3drealms to "ride the wave" of publicity from it being released on Live and in turn build up DNF.

That's right.

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Aug 16 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

I don't think that's true at all.

If anything, it'd be smart for 3drealms to "ride the wave" of publicity from it being released on Live and in turn build up DNF.

No doubt the correct audience to reach, what with DNF having turned into the raging console port it will most likely be.

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Aug 17 2008, 05:57 PM, said:

No doubt the correct audience to reach, what with DNF having turned into the raging console port it will most likely be.

console port. That would be sad.
I've got a PS3 but if DNF only gets released on 360 and PC I'm probably going for a 360 because its cheaper than buing a new pc rig.

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Aug 17 2008, 12:29 PM, said:

console port. That would be sad.
I've got a PS3 but if DNF only gets released on 360 and PC I'm probably going for a 360 because its cheaper than buing a new pc rig.

Well...
I really hope all 3 versions come out on the same day PS3, 360 and PC. Otherwise I will just have to get the 360 version and then PS3 one later If I need to.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options