Duke4.net Forums: Favorite BUILD engine hero? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite BUILD engine hero?  "Who's your favorite and why?"

Poll: Favorite Build Engine hero? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's your favortie Build protagonist?

1. Caleb (Blood) (9 votes [26.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

2. Voted Duke Nukem (21 votes [61.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.76%

3. Leonard (Redneck Rampage) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Lo Wang (Shadow Warrior) (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

I would go for Caleb b/c he's much more badass than the other build characters. He's definitely got an anti-hero image and got black humor.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 12 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

Guest_LakiSoft_*

Caleb sucks and he's scary as hell. Lo Wong is funny but Duke Nukem rocks them all! ;)
I didn't even played Rendeck Rampage, and as i know RR is not FPS!

User is offline   KareBear 

Caleb without a doubt.

View PostLakiSoft, on 12 September 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Caleb sucks and he's scary as hell. Lo Wong is funny but Duke Nukem rocks them all! ;)

In my opinion. The guy from redneck rampage is better than caleb. And duke is better than the redneck rampage guy. What's up with redneck rampage not being an fps game? Am i reading this correctly?

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Lo Wang.

"Holy pieces of shit!"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I love them all equally.
"Well shit fire and fuck me running!"

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I thought there were more build games than this with protagonists in them.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostLakiSoft, on 12 September 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

I've never played Redneck Rampage, but a game doesn't have to be an FPS to have a BUILD engine hero.

I would have to go with Duke Nukem or Lo Wang. I grew up with Duke Nukem and some time after, Shadow Warrior. I never got into Blood, I personally don't like it. I don't know how to explain it, but Shadow Warrior just felt like it was put together better than Duke Nukem. Duke works perfectly well in his environment just as Lo Wang does in his though. I really couldn't pick one or the other. If I had the Lo Wang personality with Duke's weapons, I'd go with him. The Shadow Warrior atmosphere doesn't work well for me though, it just seems like the levels are all brown, dark, full of water, or a combination. Duke has more variety, so if I really had to pick a character, it would definitely go with Duke Nukem.

User is offline   Jinroh 

I'll say the guy from Powerslave/Exhumed just to be different. He gained some rad superpowers throughout the course of that game too IIRC breathe underwater and whatnot.

Look at him in his Bandana'd glory.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 12 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Duke followed by Caleb in close second.

Lo Wang, though not a bad character overall always rubbed me as a gimmick. "He's an asian version of Duke." Not exactly the most riveting origin.

What I liked about Caleb was that though there was humor there was also a bit of dark tragedy to the character. He's out for fucking revenge, which is par for the course with all these guys, but on top of that you see what he loses. His best friend, his lover, his very religion. It all helps to motivate you to push on and kick more and more ass.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

The main characters of Corridor 8 and Witchaven 3 without a doubt.

• Weaponized Autism

I like the protagonist of Ken-BUILD.

"Noooooooooo!"

User is offline   t800 

This poll is missing seven heroes from game Legend Of The Seven Paladins. ;)

This post has been edited by t800: 13 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

• Honored Donor

Oh, I just realized there was a poll to this. There's a few other games made on the BUILD engine with heroes. TekWar seems to be the one everyone forgets, but who can blame them?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I think TekWar is really cool. But I like the movies/television shows/books and I'm a cobb-knobbler of Shatner.

Want me to throw this another Build game into the mix? ;)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 13 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Postgerolf, on 12 September 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

The main characters of Corridor 8 and Witchaven 3 without a doubt.

Witchhaven 3 was never made only the first two.

• Weaponized Autism

^ That's the joke. W3 does not exist and Corridor 8 is a barely started, severely unfinished alpha.

• Honored Donor

Yeah Dustfalcon, I knew that, but they're still the best because they were too awesome to continue their quest, they just said "Forget this shit, I'm going home"

Bad ass.

**Oh, let's not forget about FATE while we're at it, if that game had been finished, it probably would've been a masterpiece somewhat.**

This post has been edited by gerolf: 13 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 13 September 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Want me to throw this another Build game into the mix? ;)

Speaking of Extreme Paintbrawl. Let's see if you can jam your ass off to this song!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 30 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Ugh!! Having trouble putting an embedded youtube video in my previous post. Had to use direct link instead. Tried to put the link in by using the "insert media" button. And it's not showing up. PM me to give me steps how to embed a youtube video in my previous post and I'll try to correct it.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

Guest_LakiSoft_*

View Postrasmus thorup, on 12 September 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

In my opinion. The guy from redneck rampage is better than caleb. And duke is better than the redneck rampage guy. What's up with redneck rampage not being an fps game? Am i reading this correctly?

It's more like flying game with planes than a an FPS even if you play from First Perspective.

View PostLakiSoft, on 14 September 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

It's more like flying game with planes than a an FPS even if you play from First Perspective.

LakiSoft. I think you're are starting to become a troll on the Duke4.net forums.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

To clear all the idiocy in here, Redneck Rampage is a first person shooter game series, with awesome soundtracks, cool sprite vehicles, good graphics, and neat level design.

• Honored Donor

Redneck Rampage is too underrated!

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postgerolf, on 14 September 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Redneck Rampage is too underrated!

Seriously, Drivable vehicles, very intricate level design in some cases, a great system for health/armour really sets RR apart from other FPS. It's definitely one I'm glad I got when it was available on GOG because I didn't get to play it much as a kid.

It just has a ton of creative ideas even if at some times they aren't implemented in the most polished way. Considering the constraints of the BUILD engine though it's top notch. Not to mention you have a crapload of addons.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 14 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

• Honored Donor

The only one I disliked was the hunting one, because I could never kill any ducks no matter what I did.

View PostLakiSoft, on 14 September 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

I have no idea what you are telling me xD

User is offline   CruX 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 15 September 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

I have no idea what you are telling me xD

I don't even think he has any idea what he's telling people.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostHendricks266, on 12 September 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Ken-BUILD

It's got a loveable tune playing through the levels, in fact Ken Silverman wrote some fantastic music for his game. I wonder why he didn't go for a fully updated version of Ken's Labyrinth using the Build engine.

Somewhat more back on topic, the characters from Build engine games seem to me pretty diverse (maybe with the exception of Lo Wang being an attempt at creating an "Asian Duke counterpart"), as are the games themselves.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options