Duke4.net Forums: Powerslave (PC) command line parameters & cheat codes - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Powerslave (PC) command line parameters & cheat codes

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Some time ago I read an article written by a Russian programmer who took some interest in the game, disassembled and analysed the EXE, and found a lot of interesting stuff regarding the cheat codes and command line parameters. The original article is here but I'll summarise the key points.

The command line parameters are as follows:

/nocreatures - no monsters in levels (for multiplayer).
/nosound - disables sound effects regardless of the settings in the configuration file (CD music will still play if available).
/record - records a demo to the file DATA.VCR (I think giving another file name for the demo is also possible).
/playback - plays the demo recorded in DATA.VCR (perhaps other file names are possible too).
/null - connection method for multiplayer games.
/modem - connection method for multiplayer games.
/network - connection method for multiplayer games.
/h - launches the game in high-res mode (640x400) regardless of the settings in the configuration file.
/s# - the author doen't know what it does but # must be a number. Could be the skill level (as in other Build games), but Powerslave doesn't have any in-game difficulty level selection options.
/t# - once again the author hasn't figured out what it does, but launching the game without any number will give the player only one life at the start, and the status bar gets corrupted (comparison screenshot).
/cdoff - the game doesn't check if the CD is in the drive.

And here are the cheat codes:

KIMBERLY - displays the message "HI SWEETIE, I LOVE YOU", apparently addressed to the girlfriend of someone from the coding team.
LOBOLITE - activating this code should have displayed the message "FLASHES TOGGLED", however due to an error it gives the message "SNAKE CAM ENABLED" instead. The author of the article has tested if this code toggles lighting effects from weapons fire, as some sources indicate, or toggles lighting in dark areas of levels, as suggested by others, but apparently it does neither.
LOBOSNAKE - this is the code that should have had the "SNAKE CAM ENABLED" message. Activating it makes the camera switch to chase view of any cobra staff missile fired by the player.
LOBOSPHERE - reveals the entire map of the level. It was supposed to display the message "FULL MAP" when activated, but doesn't because of the same errors in the code.
LOBOCOP - gives all weapons and full ammo for each.
LOBODEITY - toggles player invincibility.
LOBOPICK - gives all keys.
LOBOSLIP - toggles no clipping mode.
LOBOSWAG - gives all items.
LOBOXY - toggles display of the player's current coordinates and FPS.

HOLLY - toggles debug console. The following commands can be entered:

GOTO x,y - teleports the player to [x,y] coordinates on the current level.
LEVEL ## - warp to level ##.
DOORS - opens all switch-operated doors and also activates all traps on the current level (the article's author speculates that this code simply activates all triggers in the level).
EXIT - finish current level.
CREATURE # - spawn a monster of type #. The types are:
0 - Anubis Zombie
1 - Giant Spider
2 - Mummy
3 - Piranha
4 - Bast Statue
5 - Magmantis
6 - Am-Nit
7 - Set
8 - Kilmaatikhan
9 - Selkis (?)*
10 - Kilmaat Sentry (?)
11 - Omen Wasp

* The article gives both 9 and 10 as "Alien Worker".

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Thanks for the info, I love documentation.

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

Just read through the site and your notes, interesting stuff. Thank You for it! I might have to add a -FAQ section to powerslave now ;)

Offline DL of this information available here:
http://dukertcm.com/...owerslave-faqs/

This post has been edited by Corvin: 03 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

-=CHE@TER=- has moved his Powerslave VS Exhumed web page.
http://ctpax-cheater...cs/ps_vs_ex.htm

He offers now a Dehack patch to fix the controls in both games, check it out its pretty cool what he has done. Also a fixed noCD patch is included.

Patches game so you don't need to mount the CD nor will you need a CD in the drive and it will play the BOOK.MOV file. Plus a lot more...

You have four options:
Set (always run mode on)
Set (mouse look always on)*
Set (strafe always and faster)**
Set (always CDOFF, enabled (nocd))

*Mouse sensitivity ([F7]/[F8]) works only for horizontal axis.

**Strafe FAST is assigned to Turn_Left and Turn_Right NOT Strafe_Left and Strafe_Right. So you need to reconfigure Turn_Left and Turn_Right keys to A and D respectively to get the WASD key configuration.
Turn_Left = "A" ""
Turn_Right = "D" ""
Strafe_Left = "" ""
Strafe_Right = "" ""

Includes patches for Powerslave and Exhumed. Includes patch program. Run this patching program in DOSBox.

This post has been edited by Corvin: 14 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

That's pretty cool I guess but all of that could be done already without the need of a patch

Does the music still play even with the nocd patch?

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

I think with the /cdoff flag always on, I doubt the music will play.

EDIT: You don't need to apply every patch , just the ones you want. Therefore you don't need to apply the noCD patch, which is a combination of /CDoff and noCD.

This post has been edited by Corvin: 15 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options