Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Online - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Online  "Any alternatives to Meltdown?"

User is offline   oakman 

Hey everyone! It's been a looooooong time since I've posted on this site, but I've been lurking around every now and then, checking out the news on here.
So I'm just curious if there are any alternatives to the Meltdown launcher. Does anyone know if Dukester X is still around?

I'm asking because quite frankly, I'm sickened by the racist attitudes that seem to be rearing recently, IE: within the Meltdown chat room, the N word is
thrown around constantly and in the program's most recent update, the N word is written right into the message that displays right before the program downloads it.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated! Thank you ♥

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

YANG ftw.

User is offline   Juras 

Yeah Yang is good place to find peace and queit if you dont have partner to play online then I would suggest you to visit Yang on weekends.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Lol, is that what's been happening on Meltdown recently? I wouldn't know; Ever since I got back from Romania, Meltdown has only been crashing when I try to start it. The fact that I can't be bothered to update it just shows how much I don't really care about it. I have no problem with the client or the competition, it's the attitudes of the people that bother me.

Yang is great. You could also try Duke Matcher just in case there are no games, but truly Yang is the more advanced of the two.

DukesterX is still working and able to advertise rooms as far as I know. Though I'd be surprised if there was even one room hosted on it this whole year. I know it was quite popular last year as a refuge for people that were unlucky enough to get banned from both Meltown and Yang. Those refugees made Duke Launcher shortly after...

User is offline   Juras 

Well said Radar well said, i would give you "like" or "plus" if only i could.
This N word is nothing ... guys use also G word or F word yeah thats pretty bad attitude no doubt. They should take under consider the fact that not everyone is adult person or some are more sensitive than others. Notice that none is insulting others just two guys are arguing after the game they have just played and others have to read this cos Meltdown connect you to main chat as default. Im sure i could find black sheeps also on this forum. Haters will hate spammers will spam and i will be playing Duke!
Peace.

Never realized to open your mouth in the meltdown main chat? We could have take it to private if it _really_ bothered you that much. Just fun bro, not to be taken seriously. I quitted meltdown anyways, as they censored my writings with some gay phrases. YANG FTW! No one will join my room there though.. been hosting for days.

User is offline   Juras 

Try your luck with ledgesb1, janousab or any varation of botles it should increase your chances of getting any game. But when you gonna host hollywood map then be prepared for being "unlucky enough" ignored for rest of a day.

This post has been edited by Juras: 30 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Finstar, when I read "hosting for days", I was actually thinking for a minute that you've been hosting for hours on end and people still weren't joining your room. Then I realized that can't be, because then I would have seen your room. Honestly bro, hosting a half hour a day doesn't mean "hosting for days". ;)

^ I don't mean that in any bad way though. Notice I gave you a +1, mainly because of your rejection of Meltdown and relocation to Yang. ;)

Also, a comment about Meltdown. It seems there has been a massive drop in activity on there lately. I've been on every day this week and all I've ever seen online is max 4 people. And they are all not available. I hope Poda feels bad now for all the people needlessly banned.

Maybe they all moved back to DukesterX? :P

This post has been edited by Radar: 30 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options