Duke4.net Forums: Oh how right I was - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oh how right I was  "a year and some change later..."

User is offline   LkMax 

View Postgerolf, on 19 August 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Let's just wait until DN5 and maybe Gearbox will impress, if not, then maybe 3DR's should try to get back the rights.

What? Seriously, 3DR wasn't able to finish a game since Shadow Warrior. Prey and DNF were developed and/or finished by other studios, and basically all their staff left the company. Just let it go.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Then I'll take over and make Duke do whatever I want. I will not let that go now that I think about how awesome it would be to just own the IP.

User is offline   ---- 

This thread reminds of of another thing.

Are those who kept telling me that the DNF SDK will most probably come out "soon" are still waiting for the mod tools?

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postfuegerstef, on 19 August 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

This thread reminds of of another thing.

Are those who kept telling me that the DNF SDK will most probably come out "soon" are still waiting for the mod tools?

Yeah, and what about that girl that refused to go out with you ten years ago? I bet she's a fat hooker with six kids from six different dads. That will teach her, yeah that will teach her.

User is offline   zwieback 

is it a problem when i say that i don't care if you were right or wrong?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostRipemanewone, on 20 August 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Yeah, and what about that girl that refused to go out with you ten years ago? I bet she's a fat hooker with six kids from six different dads. That will teach her, yeah that will teach her.

You wanted to go out with me?

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 20 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

I would. ;)

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postfuegerstef, on 20 August 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

You wanted to go out with me?

Ho Ho Ho. I can always appreciate a bit of self depreciating humour when done well.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 20 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

User is offline   ---- 

What else could I have said. ;)

BTW; my prior post was more directed at the people on the Gearbox forums who still post ideas for the next DLC "that will come soon". ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRipemanewone, on 20 August 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Goddamned lesbians, dude!

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I hope GBX pulls some strings and gives us mod tools for DN5 this time around.

It probably won't ever happen, but I would like them a lot more if they did.

Well, I'd also like them a lot more if the next Duke game doesn't suck, too.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Why would they need to pull some strings to release mod tools? They could have released them any time they wanted for DNF, since they own the rights to it all now... they just didn't feel like it. I guess I can't complain too much since being unable to improve DNF any sort of makes EDuke32 the de-facto destination for anyone wanting to do anything Duke related, but it sure was a pain having such high hopes for something be completely smashed into nothingness.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Am I the only guy who would have preferred DNF in development hell or cancelled?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTerminX, on 20 August 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Why would they need to pull some strings to release mod tools? They could have released them any time they wanted for DNF, since they own the rights to it all now... they just didn't feel like it. I guess I can't complain too much since being unable to improve DNF any sort of makes EDuke32 the de-facto destination for anyone wanting to do anything Duke related, but it sure was a pain having such high hopes for something be completely smashed into nothingness.

Mods normally works by extending the lifetime of a game. Knowing Gearbox, if they felt their sells of their future games would fall by even 1 cent would be enough to prevent any tool.

This post has been edited by Fox: 20 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't know why, but modding a new game doesn't do anything for me. It has to be an old game like duke nukem. Maybe it is because of nostalgia.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

New games also take a shit ton more work and know-how. Duke3D is so fucking easy to mod for, I'm baffled that the community isn't as large as Doom's which is filled with a lot more hassle.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 20 August 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

New games also take a shit ton more work and know-how. Duke3D is so fucking easy to mod for, I'm baffled that the community isn't as large as Doom's which is filled with a lot more hassle.

I think it's a larger community because it's slightly more easy to edit and mess with then Duke 3d (for the most part anyways). Like in Doom you could merge all WADS into one thing, and just use a bunch of text files, but for Duke all I think of is you have to put it all out there in a zip, and if you were to just replace 1 single frame in one of the tiles.arts, you have to copy it all together and that takes more space. I know about GRP editing and all that, but seriously, it takes more time then it should in some cases. Doom just sounds easier to edit in my opinion, Duke has a lot more to it anyways. Wolfenstein 3d is probably the hardest to work with, mainly when it comes to coding.

Though I might have no clue as to what I'm talking about. I get all my Duke editing know-how from "Duke Nukem 3d: Unauthorized Construction kit (by Prima)" which may be outdated, but it works for me.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 20 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's super outdated.

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postfuegerstef, on 20 August 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

What else could I have said. ;)

BTW; my prior post was more directed at the people on the Gearbox forums who still post ideas for the next DLC "that will come soon". ;)

Cheese and rice, I haven't been there in a while but it does not surprise me too much, I think they hand out free delusion on entry to the Gearbox forums.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 20 August 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Am I the only guy who would have preferred DNF in development hell or cancelled?

The years imagining the possibilities for the perfect shooter were indeed fun, but I am still very happy I got to play the final product even though it was in questionable condition, at least now we can move on. And lets be honest Gearbox are not the worst developers in town we might yet see a solid Duke Nukem game from them, not like before, but solid none the less.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

No. I haven't even touched the demo of DNF.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I admire your self control.

User is offline   necroslut 

I wouldn't.

View PostRipemanewone, on 20 August 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Cheese and rice, I haven't been there in a while but it does not surprise me too much, I think they hand out free delusion on entry to the Gearbox forums. The years imagining the possibilities for the perfect shooter were indeed fun, but I am still very happy I got to play the final product even though it was in questionable condition, at least now we can move on. And lets be honest Gearbox are not the worst developers in town we might yet see a solid Duke Nukem game from them, not like before, but solid none the less.

They're fairly competent, but they're not exactly brave which I think would be needed to really get back on track with Duke. At least with their Borderlands success there could be some chance for coop and some non-linearity in Duke 5.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Damn, it must be really sad to feel the urge to make this thread.

User is offline   CruX 

^^ Sometimes getting to see people you've never, ever met IRL admit defeat to you totally makes up for the sex you aren't getting /loljk

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Why is this thread even still being posted in?

User is offline   CruX 

I dunno, but I can't help but marvel at how quickly Mad Max's quality of posts went from decent/reasonable to lolwut status.

User is online   Sangman 

View PostDavoX, on 06 September 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

Damn, it must be really sad to feel the urge to make this thread.

Yeah indeed. Feels like this thread was started just to be a condescending dick. ;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options