Duke4.net Forums: CBP 8: Metropolitan Starlight [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CBP 8: Metropolitan Starlight [RELEASE]  "The latest Community Build Project is released."

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's certainly possible, with a little copy paste creating the exterior might even be easy, but what the hell am I supposed to fill up 20 story's with? Creating a variety of gameplay and level design in such a building is almost impossible IMO.
@LeoD, Norvak said he'd work on it next, talk to him Posted Image
I'd also like to thank Yatta for publishing my news item on the CBP.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostMicky C, on 30 July 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

I'd also like to thank Yatta for publishing my news item on the CBP.

You're welcome youngloov! ;)

i tried playing this with eduke32 latest version and when i get to the cpb8 map loading screen it freezes and program stops responding. what am i doing wrong? looks like an awesome map. thanks guys. long live duke!! oh yeah i also launched from the .bat file and from user map select screen but same result.

This post has been edited by mikedukerocs: 01 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View Postmikedukerocs, on 01 August 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

i tried playing this with eduke32 latest version and when i get to the cpb8 map loading screen it freezes and program stops responding. what am i doing wrong? looks like an awesome map. thanks guys. long live duke!! oh yeah i also launched from the .bat file and from user map select screen but same result.

Try the latest eduke, this is the very latest eduke32 and here you can download always the latest version: eduke32 synthesis

Other than that I don't know what your problem could be ;)

User is offline   MetHy 

I just played through the map. Took me 45 minutes and found 1 secret.

I haven't bothered reading any other comment about it but all I have to say is that I really enjoyed it a lot : it's quite a unique feel with a lot of nice effects.
The best part of the map is everything related to the futuristic town; sadly the letdown is that quite a few parts of the map feel more like classic Duke and stick out from the rest.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 08 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'm stuck in the big multi-colored room after you let the slashers out. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postburymeinsmoke, on 08 August 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

I'm stuck in the big multi-colored room after you let the slashers out. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

blow up the reactor, find the switch to get out of the multi-colored room (it's not too far from the door you came in), go back to the hub with the spire, and jet pack to the upper town

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Been off line for a bit and it's good to come back to see so much going on. Gonna play this as soon as I catch up with all I've missed.

User is offline   necroslut 

Wow, epic map!

Played this map some days ago and I have some comments, surely you guys have done а great work, every part has solid design and the theme is fairly consistent. I agree with others about the gameplay, it was an intriguing journey from the start to the nukebutton (and beyond =P). I noted that despite all the detail, the style of this map is quite old-school throughout, so I prefer playing it in classic mode; really didn't even try it in Polymer, the lighting is acceptable for me.
The only glitch I got... it happened when I accidentally dived under that slanted section of translucent water, I couldn't get out of there without the aid of DNCLIP.

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 29 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

• Honored Donor

Do you remember how you managed to dive under that section? It's supposed to be blocked.

View PostMicky C, on 29 August 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Do you remember how you managed to dive under that section? It's supposed to be blocked.

Try to dive into the nearby pool while swimming towards the fence blocking twe way to that section... kind of diving between the sectors. Sometimes you get teleported into the blocked area. Maybe an additional water sector afore could fix the problem.

• Honored Donor

If there was going to be an update to fix the bug, the easiest way to fix it (considering there are no more walls available), would be to make the underside the transparent water unblocking so that the player can simply swim up. I just tried that out, and if the player swims up through that water, then the underwater tint will still be on even though you're in air again (due to lack of SE teleport to make the effect complete). So vision will be altered, at least until some night vision goggles are used, but at least the player won't die, and it's rare enough that the tint shouldn't be a problem.

User is offline   Hank 

A bit late to the party here!
Wow-what a map! Can't play it yet, only looking through it via mapster - I can see a lot of LTC in this. Many thanks to all that worked on it.
Posted Image

User is offline   David B. 

Finally I played it.

I've never seen a map like that, it's a huge creation.
Projects like this keep Duke alive ;)

The only downsize in my personal case is that the map is freezing not far from the end and go back to Windows. I've tried to reload it again and again, the problem occurs each time so I can't go further anymore.
Back in Windows, a message pops up with "too many sprites" (or something like that). I've already downloaded the last 'eduke32' but in vain.
Sad cause I'll never see the end. This work is magnificent and some ideas are fresh.

• Honored Donor

Nobody else has mentioned that bug yet and no one in the team has come across it yet. If you're playing with a mod like duke plus I recommend playing vanilla. The ending is worth it

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMicky C, on 02 September 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Nobody else has mentioned that bug yet and no one in the team has come across it yet. If you're playing with a mod like duke plus I recommend playing vanilla. The ending is worth it
I wouldn't call it a bug. It seems to be an engine limitation. I encountered it, too. (Using DukePlus/HRP, ofc, that's why I didn't mention it.) My workaround was to avoid using devastator or rocket launcher near the end. Rittballoon once caused the same crash for me back then, even without DukePlus IIRC.

User is offline   David B. 

Yes I used Duke Plus. I'll try without it.

User is offline   Jim 

Is there a walkthrough of this map anywhere. I am stuck at the beginning with the rotating rooms. Thanks!

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

View PostJim, on 07 November 2021 - 01:08 PM, said:

Is there a walkthrough of this map anywhere. I am stuck at the beginning with the rotating rooms. Thanks!

Couldn't find any video either, but I guess I can help you. What's getting you stuck?

User is offline   Forge 

been a long time, but iirc, you have to ride a few of those rotating carousels around and find some buttons or switches. After you activate enough of them you'll eventually open up a door that exits the room and leads to an elevator

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

View PostForge, on 07 November 2021 - 02:50 PM, said:

been a long time, but iirc, you have to ride a few of those rotating carousels around and find some buttons or switches. After you activate enough of them you'll eventually open up a door that exits the room and leads to an elevator

Weren't you supposed to jump from the windows after pushing the switches?

User is offline   Sangman 

Hey thanks for bumping the thread, seems I missed out on this one back in the day.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostDr.Panico, on 07 November 2021 - 03:32 PM, said:

Weren't you supposed to jump from the windows after pushing the switches?

maybe. probably.
i recall the elevator ride, but i don't remember if the player uses it to leave as well as getting to the love-shack from the 'couples-club'. I thought the 'explosions' opened the door from the bar to the outdoor plaza as well. I'm most likely wrong. Like I said. It's been awhile. I play-tested it to get the bugs out of it, so my sequencing is a bit sketchy, and some stuff changed during the testing phase..

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 November 2021 - 10:36 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

played and finished this, yeah it's pretty good
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sangman: 11 November 2021 - 12:58 PM

User is offline   Jim 

I am currently stuck in the Tram area Looking for the eighth button too. I got the four in the outer area and three in the tram area, but I cannot find the last one.

User is offline   Forge 

did you find the one in the 'alien-esque'- area through the hole in the wall by the fountain & gesha statue?

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 December 2021 - 07:12 AM

User is offline   Jim 

View PostForge, on 25 December 2021 - 07:11 AM, said:

did you find the one in the 'alien-esque'- area through the hole in the wall by the fountain & gesha statue?

https://www.dropbox....7099_n.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....4165_n.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....4405_n.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....0146_n.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....7829_n.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....6333_n.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....9254_n.jpg?dl=0

I found these 7, which one am I missing? Thanks!

User is offline   Forge 

the one on the side of the bookshelf past the fountain

Attached Image: capt0000.jpg

User is offline   Jim 

Thank you much!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options