Duke4.net Forums: Online Activation - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Online Activation  "Stop the Maddness!"

User is offline   NORAD 

Dear fallowers of the great Duke,
I've got a fear that has to be told and that is online activation.
this all started when i read about 3D realms thinking about to have a online downloadable version of DNF. while that is all good but when you have one
there is the fear of the other and for me and all the other good fans of the duke that dont have high speed internet this could do us in for having the next best thing to the invention of the computer itself. you may ask why it would be a problem and the reson is simple TOO SLOW. So to the good people of 3d realms if you must have an anti-hacking device please at least have it do able over the phone, at least then me and all the others will have a chance to play the only game that maters. So to all the fans please tell me what you think about it and in the words of the great Duke "hail to the king, baby."

The NORAD

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

um.
theres no need for online activation and im sure there wont be online activation for DNF.
At the most they would blacklist known pirated serials (disable dnf if its using blacklisted serial after downloading a patch that would update the known pirated and blacklisted serials.)
thats my idea anyway xD

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

How are you so sure? They almost put it in Prey, and Scott was even praising it, while saying he hates it but putting it anyway "out of necessity".
I'll never, ever buy a game with on line activation again (HL2 was my first and last mistake).

It's not because it's too slow that I hate it (that's also a reason though, had to wait 45 minutes for HL2 to validate and decrypt, or longer, don't remember) but also because it isn't guaranteed I'll still be able to play the game when the service goes off line.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options