Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Ds - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Ds

User is offline   Iggy 

Take a look at this; Duke Nukem DS

Posted Image

Could anyone tell me what the heck that's suppose to mean? It claims a release date of August 15th 2008.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Yeah, me and Rockmx8 found that rumor a while back. There was a news article about it here at Duke4. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I hope so. :)

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jun 19 2008, 11:43 PM, said:

Yeah, me and Rockmx8 found that rumor a while back. There was a news article about it here at Duke4. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I hope so. :)

Yup you got that right dude, I sure hope a DS and PSP version release this year alongside Duke 3D for 360 Arcade, DNF etc. Always Bet On Duke!!

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Does the website even got permission to do that stuff without an existing press release..?

2 things to consider:
1. It's a rumor. Not confirmed. There is not date period.
2. Translate it to english & contact 3D Realms about this.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

This was posted on the 3DR forums some time ago, with links to another site claiming the same thing(and DNF for the PSP, as well).

The only official reply was from Joe, who said he asked Scott about it who in turn replied that he knew of no such thing.

Scott handles all of 3DR's external projects, so his lack of knowledge on this topic pretty much debunks the rumor completely.

Years ago, on the 3DR forums, I asked about a version of DNF for the PSP and George replied with these exact words: "Not gonna happen. Ever."

Sorry.

I personally would give a body part to have an original Duke FPS on the PSP, possibly paralleling with the story and events of DNF.

User is offline   tkoyl240am 

LOL i just posted a topic about Duke Nukem 3d on my PSP. So you never know about getting duke nukem forever onto a PSP2. dont get your hopes up too high, but seeing how easy it is to convert ps1 games to a psp, there could be a future for converting 360 games onto a psp2 when its released.. but doubtful.

newayss..

that DS screenshot looks amateurly photoshopped like hell.. even i couldve done better.. its just a screenshot from the teaser with a DS thing photoshopped onto the side.. or MSpainted.. wouldnt make a difference.
----- ----- -----
wheres the 3dRealms logo? wheres the ESRB rating?
nevermind all that, wheres the freakin title?
(not to mention they almost never use anything in-game or footage-like for a cover, they almost always use completely original artwork)
----- ----- -----
DukeRocks: Which body part would u give me if I sent you a copy of Duke Nukem 3D for your PSP? (Not the one crapply 'ported' which crashes all the time, but the ps1 version w/ music and saves)

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View Posttkoyl240am, on Jun 22 2008, 11:06 PM, said:

DukeRocks: Which body part would u give me if I sent you a copy of Duke Nukem 3D for your PSP? (Not the one crapply 'ported' which crashes all the time, but the ps1 version w/ music and saves)

If you read my post, I said ORIGINAL duke title. As in graphics and tech built from the ground up to take advantage of the PSP's processing power.

I know that it's possible to put ps1 games on the psp, but that's not what I'm interested in.......so no body part for you. :)

And I don't think we'll be seeing X-BOX 360 games ported to ANY version of the psp, whether it be psp2 or psp8.

User is offline   rockmx8 

It's not a rumor any more, as well all know now... :)

User is offline   Iggy 

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jun 21 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

I personally would give a body part to have an original Duke FPS on the PSP, possibly paralleling with the story and events of DNF.

Guess what, you're gonna get what you want and you won't have to give away some of your limbs for it too! :)

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Well, the rumor was partially true, all except the release date.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options