Duke4.net Forums: OS X builds always "may be damaged or incomplete" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OS X builds always "may be damaged or incomplete"

Hi,
Everytime I download a build for OS X and try to run it from the applications folder, this annoying message shows (cannot open eDuke32.app because it may be damaged or incomplete). I either have to execute it directly from the opened dmg files I downloaded or open the .app contents and execute the binary with the black icon from there. None of them are convenient. I tried repairing disk permissions several times with no success. Anyone knows why this is happening?
Edit? Oops, I posted this in the wrong section. Could someone please move it to the bug report section?

This post has been edited by filipetolhuizen: 15 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Have you checked the shasum?

Your version worked fine here. However, most versions from here, including the latest simply won't work if I move the .app file to the Applications folder.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Those are out of date.... you are better off getting them here or pulling down the source from SVN and compiling it yourself.

View PostTetsuo, on 16 June 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Those are out of date.... you are better off getting them here or pulling down the source from SVN and compiling it yourself.

Where exactly can I find OSX builds up-to-date here? I'm a noob in programing and compiling...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Currently, Helix's signature is the official distribution point for EDuke32 OS X binaries.

View PostHendricks266, on 26 June 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Currently, Helix's signature is the official distribution point for EDuke32 OS X binaries.

A little outdated compared to the ones I've seen on the mentioned page, but at least it works. The official eDuke32 site could also link the OS X builds to Helix's signature instead.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options