Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Day after forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Day after forever

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

(Shame on me, I downloaded it and forgot to play...)
Brilliant architecture, hot gameplay! I loved it. For me it was not too cramped. If that's your style for certain indoor areas so be it. I used the HRP and had no visibility problems. Though it looks really good overall it seems you have made the map without HRP in mind. No real problem, but one or two HRP walkthroughs might have helped to get rid of some obvious issues like the non-hidden switch or the girls facing the wall. (If I can check the hooker's underwear, then she's too tall.)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: switch.jpg
  • Attached Image: girls.jpg
  • Attached Image: tall hooker.jpg
  • Attached Image: glitch.jpg

User is offline   underTaker 

Wow, that bug in the bathroom, you have shown, looks really weird o.O Mapster said that there was bug, but i couldn't see anything. I'm glad you like it :(
Always when i makethe map i try to rotate all the sprites to face them where they have to be faced, but as you can see - sometimes i forgot about some of them :(

Third map for the series is already in development. I took my old project, removed bunch of areas (which were REALLY cramped), and do stuff. I think when i'll do 6 of the maps (5 + 1 secret) i will put them into episode, with some fixes, and changes.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostunderTaker, on 02 July 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

Third map for the series is already in development. I took my old project, removed bunch of areas (which were REALLY cramped), and do stuff. I think when i'll do 6 of the maps (5 + 1 secret) i will put them into episode, with some fixes, and changes.
I'm no big fan of this kind of episodes. Once I deleted a bunch of maps after their author had made an episode of them. Later I played it and it was not much fun because the balance gets broken when you start the next map with too many items which it wasn't designed for. So I scrapped it and dug up the single maps again. Unless the single maps are conceived to be put together in a certain order in the first place I think good maps stand best for their own. Of course you can adapt stuff in order to fit together, but still ...
Well, it will increase your reputation though, when people get the episode and play through all the maps again at one go. This will make your stuff more memorable. :(

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

I haven't played this fully yet, though I greatly enjoyed the prequel, never finishing it though due to a savegame version bump occurring before.

Dunno if it's already been mentioned, but the parallaxed ceilings at the beginning have a panning set, making them appear off in classic and Polymost with certain settings. If nothing has been changed since the initial release, I could post a corrected version, since explaining how I did it from the Mapster console is somewhat tedious (and probably boring).

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHelixhorned, on 09 July 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

I haven't played this fully yet, though I greatly enjoyed the prequel, never finishing it though due to a savegame version bump occurring before.

Dunno if it's already been mentioned, but the parallaxed ceilings at the beginning have a panning set, making them appear off in classic and Polymost with certain settings. If nothing has been changed since the initial release, I could post a corrected version, since explaining how I did it from the Mapster console is somewhat tedious (and probably boring).

The map on my disk appears to be newer (2012-06-11) than the initial posting. Since the download link appears to be broken I have attached "my" version.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

OK, here goes. It turned out to be not tedious at all, simply '+F -> Collect sky ceilings in three places, and for each,
for i selsectors, ifand sector[i].ceilingstat 1, { set sector[i].ceilingypanning 0 }

I also corrected a minor local shade inconsistency with one parallaxed ceiling area.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   underTaker 

Oh, that's great to hear you did it. I saw some bugs with the parralxed sky, but i didn't know it is really so bad. Thank you very much!

I've written i'm going to do episode when i'll do enough of the maps. I think i will remake all the maps that are already posted, put some additional arts, do some changes in gameplay, fix bugs, add detailing and stuff. I think it would be perfect to put all of thoose maps perfectly finished at the end.

This post has been edited by underTaker: 09 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

User is offline   pacman 

Anyone knows what to do after you enter the red car room where you raise the level of the green water? there's nothing on there, I can see the yellow card but I can't cross those bars..

And i havent reached the blue key yet. I just don't see any possible way to get the blue key as well.

This post has been edited by pacman: 27 May 2016 - 09:23 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options