Duke4.net Forums: Episode 2 development stuff - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Episode 2 development stuff  "Sneak pics of future features"

User is offline   Jblade 

Episode 2 is a long way off, so I won't be doing standard media releases and stuff like that; however I have many many things planned for Episode 2 and this thread will be for showing a few of them and taking feedback/suggestions.

For starters, here's the start of something I've been planning for a long time:

The video description contains much more information. Here's a shot of the screen when playing at night:
Posted Image
Also coming are improvements to the loadout screen, some graphical icons to make the screen much more interesting to look at than just a bunch of text:
Posted Image
Posted Image
And finally, there's going to be plenty of new stuff to research:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by James: 19 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

Why I have feel it looks more like CoD:MW? Ok, I guess it's not, for just my first impression when see that world map... :P

Nice, can't wait......oh, it needed long time, right? :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 19 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Length of time depends on lots of things...if I get more mappers or people in general to help than it'll be much quicker :) I'm going to wait till WGR2's next version is out first before doing any 'recruiting' since many of the mappers around here are working on that at the minute (I think anyway) :P

By God...This TC gets better and better every time I check on it! When will episode 2 be released?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Well if he's waiting for the next version of WGRealms 2 to come out, it could be a fair while, I don't see episode 2 of the AMC TC coming out this year.

User is offline   Jblade 

I've improved the research screen with a rotating view of the lab; there's also now scientists who walk the room checking out instruments and stuff :)

Among other things, I've fixed the hit box 'error' with diving Pig cops (where even though they were on the floor their hit profile was the same as if they were standing) My fix is different from Dan's though - IIRC in his fix he switched the Pigcop with a different actor; with my fix I size the pigcop sprite down by half and then change the sprite's animatesprite to remain the normal size so even though the sprite is physically smaller it appears the same size. This also means that other enemies and stuff, if they have crouching functions, will work properly.

Posted Image

User is offline   Somagu 

View PostJames, on 30 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

I've improved the research screen with a rotating view of the lab; there's also now scientists who walk the room checking out instruments and stuff :)

Among other things, I've fixed the hit box 'error' with diving Pig cops (where even though they were on the floor their hit profile was the same as if they were standing) My fix is different from Dan's though - IIRC in his fix he switched the Pigcop with a different actor; with my fix I size the pigcop sprite down by half and then change the sprite's animatesprite to remain the normal size so even though the sprite is physically smaller it appears the same size. This also means that other enemies and stuff, if they have crouching functions, will work properly.

Cool!

Looking slick! Was playing the TC again today and admiring the maps. I look forward to Episode 2. You gave yourself a high bar to hurdle. :(

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostJames, on 30 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

I don't mean to nitpick, but I'd say Dan's is the "correct" fix here. Why do it differently?

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostTerminX, on 03 July 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

I don't mean to nitpick, but I'd say Dan's is the "correct" fix here. Why do it differently?

Because this way was easier for me, and making different crouching actors for every one who's capable of it doesn't seem that great of a solution.

User is offline   XThX2 

On your last screenshot, the scientist's head/hair gets overlapped by some sprite I can't clearly identify. You might want to fix that.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostXThX2, on 26 July 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

On your last screenshot, the scientist's head/hair gets overlapped by some sprite I can't clearly identify. You might want to fix that.

That's part of the GUI, it's showing what the item you're researching looks like. The scientist dude is in the background.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I should probably post these here as well:
New fan made AMC TC trailers! They show glimpes of episode 2!

Well, they're made by me and I'm working on the project, but they're still "fan" trailers, mostly because they parody the Avengers trailers (which I used the audio for), in a similar way that my WGRealms 2 map trailer parodies the DNF reveal trailer. , so don't take them seriously! They're meant to be light hearted fun rather than official trailers.
I like the second one more, but watch them in order.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options