Duke4.net Forums: MSDN down? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MSDN down?

User is offline   necroslut 

I haven't been able to access MSDN for the past few days, I just get a 404 message. Is it just me, or what's going on?

User is online   ck3D 

i've been having the same issue, actually i just logged in on here because i wanted to PM mikko about it (which isn't needed anymore now that this thread exists)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's purposely disabled. Mikko's site was logged in to and defaced by some lame "hacker" forum. It wasn't any kind of brute force attack or security exploit, but a single login using his credentials. We've since discovered that the FTP client he uses on his home machine stores login credentials in plain text... it's open source, so even if it was encrypted in some fashion it would be easily reversible by examining the source code. Security through obfuscation never works. The site will be enabled again once we've discovered exactly how these credentials were obtained by a third party.

User is offline   necroslut 

Ok, thanks for the answer. <_< Got a bit worried that he was shutting it down, that would really have sucked.

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postnecroslut, on 14 April 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Ok, thanks for the answer. <_< Got a bit worried that he was shutting it down, that would really have sucked.

This inspires me to make a new map called hacker. Ahhh hell any excuse to make another map =)

Just wanted to comment that it appears Mikko's MSDN website is now back online, YEY!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 25 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options