Duke4.net Forums: Speedrunning - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speedrunning  "How fast you are in Duke3D?"

User is offline   Nihilanth 

I've been wondering if some of you guys took any attempts in speedrunning through DN3D. Well, I suspect there are some speedrun vids but I'm interested in you're own times. How about that? Personally I didn't try it until few days ago. I decided to test myself in L.A. Meltdown on Damn, I'm Good. Here's the result.

Hollywood Holocaust 00:35
Redlight District 1:20
Death Row 1:50
Toxic Dump 3:06
The Abyss 3:28
-------------------------------------------
L.A. Meltdown 10:19

and this is full episode, not individual levels. Of course this is not an attempt without breaks, but most levels have been made without saving. It's very easy to get a better time in HH but, as it's full episode record, I've taken some time to get RPG and Jetpack before going to the next levels.

I don't know, in my case it's only for fun. If you would like to test your speedrunning skills, then try'em out and post here your times.

EDIT:
No really interest in it at all :) , hehe. No matter. I've improved my previous records, this time, however I've been doing each-level-from-a-scratch (so everytime I start only with pistol). Now I regret that I'm not recording these attempts, but I fear how many times would I have to quit the game to restart (as for demos I need to restart Duke). This would require a lot of effort and I don't effort that much, this is just for fun. Maybe someday... anyway, here are they:

Hollywood Holocaust 00:14
Redlight District 1:16
Death Row 1:28
Toxic Dump 2:11
The Abyss 2:49
-------------------------------------------
L.A. Meltdown 'Damn I'm Good' 7:58

User is offline   Hugo 

how the heck have you done that :)

how did you get that time in Hollywood Holocaust ?

even if I cheat and start with a jetpack and fly right to the exit, it takes me at least 14 seconds!

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Hugo, on May 20 2006, 08:26 PM, said:

how the heck have you done that  :)

even if I cheat and start with a jetpack and fly right to the exit, it takes me at least 14 seconds!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you also remember to sprint, while using Steroids..? That helps alot...

User is offline   Iggy 

Hugo, on May 20 2006, 10:26 AM, said:

how the heck have you done that  :)

When they run towards the exit, they jump on top of a pig cop then on the bridge and running towards the exit. I was suprised when I saw that for the first time.

User is offline   Fluiquid 

yea i tried this, you have to jump on the pigcop, then on the side of the building and from there you can jump on the bridge.

also found this insane dn3d speedrun video on youtube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QLUIN-AbTSc

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Wow, that crazy :)

PS
I see you are new here Fluiquid..! welcome to Duke4.net's forums, enjoy your stay B)

User is offline   Fluiquid 

Thanks, Micki!

I've joined since i recently discovered duke nukem 3d was still "alive" and found this site really useful for finding the software i needed.

I tried a few of those things done in that speedrun movie and they really work. easiest is movie set, make a 180 degree turn, run to the almost closed door jump+duck and run to the exit. I also tried running through walls with steroids, but it didn't seem to work in eDuke32.

Here is a list with glitches in duke nukem 3d.
http://www.red-stars...kem_3D_Glitches.

I couldn't get the Small/Large Ledge Push to work in eDuke32, i might be doing something wrong, or maybe its patched allready.

Fun tricks to use when you're playing against a friend :)

User is offline   MoGa_DeX 

i had no idea so many glitches in duke3d :)

very fun to do

i knew the majority of those glitches already :) my record for episode 1 is 6:27

the abyss was a real time waster for me

oh and be sure to check out the glitch map... its hard and glitchy fun

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options