Duke4.net Forums: How to raise/Lower multiple floors in one time ? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to raise/Lower multiple floors in one time ?  "With another floor as a reference"

User is offline   lynal 

Hey all :D

I have a little question.

In a map, I have a great outside zone, but I need to raise the sky. The problem is that there's lot of child sectors and I have to raise them one by one.

Is there a way I can easily raise all those sectors at the same time ? Or maybe a shortcut I can use to automaticly raise a sector at the same level as a sector in memory ?

I hope to be clear :D

Thanks all !

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

In Mapster32 you press ~ + F and choose "global sky height" option.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

In the 2D screen of mapster press ' + F and select "set map sky height"
This will change all the parallaxed skies in the map to this height.

The best way to find the number you want to insert is to put your cursor in a sector with the sky height you want and pressing F7 then take note of the ceiling Z height.

User is offline   lynal 

Hey thanks :D

But I've got a french keyboard. If I understand, I have to press ~ or ' AND F to display a special function menu. For the moment it doesn't seem to work :D, where is that key Oo

User is offline   lynal 

Oh, it's the %รน button :D.

Oh God that works !!! YEAhhh !!! You are all awesome :D

Thanks thanks thanks !!!!

User is offline   Arwu 

Also in 2d mode you can highlight sectors You want and them switch to 3d mode and raise or lover these highlighted sectors.

to highlight sectors press and hold right alt key, move cursor around and then let go that alt key.

if you want to highlight sector under cursor, press right ctrl+alt

to add another sector under cursor to highlighted ones, press (' + ctrl + alt)

to add more sectors just press (' + alt) and move rectangle to cover sectors you want

to remove one sector from highlighted ones press (; + ctrl + alt)

to remove more press (; + alt) and move rectangle to cover needed sectors. .

my english is bad. Hope you can understand well. .

tip: if you have highlighted sectors, you can also shade them all or change a visibility, separately walls/floors/ceilings/sprites.

you can also view which sectors are highlighted in 3d mode by pressing (' + x). And this function show real shades of sprites just as they have to look in game

This post has been edited by Arwu: 10 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What Arwu's saying in a nutshell is that if you highlight some sectors with right alt (so they're yellow) you can alter many of the properties of all those sectors at the same time. For example, you can change all their ceiling heights, floor heights, shades etc.. just by changing one sector.

And I see you've made two threads in a very short time, and from experience you're probably going to make a lot more. So if you run into another little problem that can usually be quickly fixed, please create a "Lynal's problems" thread or something along those lines where you can post all future tiny problems in one place and not clutter up the forums. Alternatively you could look to see if there isn't already a thread on the topic you're having trouble with. But if you do make another thread, please make it in the "help me" section, as this area is more for map releases and that sort of thing.

In addition, before asking help with a problem, you can try doing your own research by looking very hard at these resources:
1) http://infosuite.duke4.net/ This is the mapping bible which explains a lot of effects and things very well with accompanying pictures.

2) https://docs.google....S4ieZWWWTw/edit This is a document I wrote myself explaining some of the lesser known features of mapster32 which can really help speed up your mapping quite a bit (in this case it could have helped you raise all the ceilings at the same time instead of one-by-one, it has those sorts of tips across many aspects of mapping). It's aimed at beginners but it has some things even the pros weren't aware of.

3) http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Main_Page This is the official wiki for eduke32/mapster32. It'll be the last place you should look for mapping help though.

Since you're new here I welcome you to the forums and am looking forward to playing a map by you Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 10 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options