Duke4.net Forums: Dukonnector, Duksterx, Etc... :( - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dukonnector, Duksterx, Etc... :(

User is offline   Havoc 05 

I looked all around on the internet about dukonnector, duksterx, and many other methods of playing online...

a lot of them seem to require atomic edition 1.5, and don't support eduke32 or hrp. (From what I gathered.... I apologize for bothering you guys about these things so much)

All I want to do is just play deathmatch and co-op with my bud....

I have Duke Nukem 3d... no atomic edition, the only real addon is the newest hrp pack.

Duksterx doesnt really apeall to me all that much.. I would like to play multyplayer with what I have...

I have heard about something called himachi or hamachi.. supposedly that is good for what I have in mind...

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

HRP works fine with the 3 episode edition of Duke Nukem, in eDuke32... I've being doing that ever since the port was out, and i have had no issues... Of course, you'd get the MOST out of it with Atomic edition, but it should still work fine...

I played the game in coop with a friend over LAN with Dukonnector, using several ports, among them was eDuke32...

I'd suggest you try a bit of all ports though, somehave features that work/feel better in multiplayer modes that other ports...

I Do believe that DuksterX is the most accurate port for multiplayer games... at least so i read somewhere i think, it's been so long since then...

Downloaded Duke Connector and poked around... I was wrong... it will work for eduke32.. (Don't know where I got that?)

But I still have some questions...

I punched the little Duksterx get server list.... and got a list of names of games being played.... I clicked dukonnector.... nothing.

is that just how it is.. I am thouroughly confused and ignorant...

And there was an extra thing called cosolepscanner

what is that?

but from here I can probably figure out how to get a lan game going...

thank you for your advice miki... and all of you for your patience.. I'll try and have this be my last stupid question :)

oh... I have the duksterx install file, but when I tried to use that it could only work through the jonof-port or rancid meat....

I lied.. one more question....

I set up a single player game with several bots..... now theres a batch file that leads me directly to this game.... is it okay to delete that.. is there anyway to get rid of it.. cause I was only testing. ? ? ?

User is offline   Micki! 

I remember my and my friend playing back then, had some issue with the multiplayer setup options... I can't tell you what exactly we did, because we were guided by 'aaBlueDragon', -the guy who created Dukonector... He's usually much online there, and if you have problems he should be able to help you...

I'm not very familar with how safe it is to delete batch files like that...
a pretty safe thing to do i guess, would probably be just to make it a backup and remove it from the folder, and if it seemingly runs fine, i guess it's safe to delete it completely...

I'm not much of the technical person to speak with regarding Dukonector, but i know it works really fine once things have been set up right...

I keep getting error messages telling me my ports are unavailable... now what does that mean...

User is offline   Micki! 

That's a network issue, i remember that's what aaBlueDragon spicifically helped us with back then...

I suggest you get in touch with him somehow... By PM'ing him here or on 3DR's forum...

or even better, by his email, i don't remember if it's listed in the help file in dukonector though...

Perhaps someone else here got what it takes too, i'm unfortunately not very helpful with techinical issues like this...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options