• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proof there is no God.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

You haven't read history, have you?
Many, many things in the Gospels, especially in the infancy narratives, scholars are fairly certain never happened, at least not the way it is told. There was no census in 4BC that caused families to return to their patriarchal lands as is told in Luke's infancy tradition...but that is how the author got the birth in Bethlehem because everyone knew that Jesus was born in Bethlehem but couldn't figure out WHY since he was known to have been from the northern regions of Palestine (Bethlehem is in the south). The Gospels were never meant to be historical. Luke's introduction gives a faux history but the infancy account is from a different source and possibly author. The Gospels (and much of the Bible) is theological rather than historical or scientific; it is unfortunate that many ignorant people can't get past that and so we have creationist and fundamentalist like Robertson and Fallwell and idiots likely Maher and Dawkins.

The earliest biography of Shakespeare was written by a man not even alive when Shakespeare died. That is actually worse than what the majority of scholars agree is the case with Jesus. The Gospels were part of the end of the first generation of Christians; even more so the contents of the Pauline corpus is clearly a first generation source.

Tacitus is a fairly solid source of information and anyone who would say he "hoodwinked" by Christians is just being a skeptical idiot. Josephus wrote about Jesus in a historical account.

But I'm kind of done with this crap; as much as I'd like to have an actual intelligent dialogue about religion and history and science, I'll never get that here or much anywhere. Too many people are incapable of such a thing because they'd rather spew insults and ignore reason because it doesn't help their argument, if one could call it that.

User is offline   Hank 

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 12 January 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

A joke right? It was in response to 'Jesus has more evidence of existence than shakespeare and I was just saying the Codex, or 'Shakespeare's Journal sarcastically isn't more proof of his existence than the evidence of Jesus.

Anyways, if people start to take this thread seriously, then holy hell you are all idiots.....oh wait. Too late.

Nah, I'm dead serious, especially on my fav forum! Posted Image And I'm not an idiot, but a smartass. So there

Anyway, just for you - food for thought
http://doubtaboutwill.org/declaration

User is offline   thatguy 

This thread went from fun to....are you effin really taking all of this seriously? :unsure: Come on people, after I pointed that out we still get serious posts.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 12 January 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

But I'm kind of done with this crap; as much as I'd like to have an actual intelligent dialogue about religion and history and science, I'll never get that here or much anywhere. Too many people are incapable of such a thing because they'd rather spew insults and ignore reason because it doesn't help their argument, if one could call it that.

Yep.

User is offline   Hank 

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 12 January 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

This thread went from fun to....are you effin really taking all of this seriously? :unsure: Come on people, after I pointed that out we still get serious posts.

That's a matter of intellect. The first post was simply incoherent unless one is deeply involved in Las Vegas East. (aka Wall Street) Some tried to turn it into an intelligent thread, but like online gaming this it no longer possible. but hey, I don't take myself serious, so go forth and have fun. Posted Image

View PostHank, on 13 January 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

That's a matter of intellect. The first post was simply incoherent unless one is deeply involved in Las Vegas East. (aka Wall Street) Some tried to turn it into an intelligent thread, but like online gaming this it no longer possible. but hey, I don't take myself serious, so go forth and have fun. Posted Image

Weeeeeeeeee, in all seriousness, the video posted is absolutely sad though.

User is offline   Stabs 

but that is the new generation, pusfags that sit around and make noise out there noiseholes to fuel there lifestyle of self-centered drama where they are ALWAYS victim and feed of sympathy like a vampire, no intellect for you fibs, forever

" Woe is me " generation 10 ' 20

edit : actually its called the "i can't because i am part of the *insert sympathy reason here* generation"

This post has been edited by DanM: 13 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDescent, on 11 January 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Let's name it "Blunts, cunts, and 4Loko."

Dude, I had a 4Loko and considering my high tolerance I didn't expect much, but shit did it knock on me on my ass.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 13 January 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Dude, I had a 4Loko and considering my high tolerance I didn't expect much, but shit did it knock on me on my ass.

Abandon 4lokos! It was our pre-game drink of choice......then they got rid of the caffeine.....then it was fucking with our bodies.....then we thought it was classier to just have hard liquor or a normal beer, instead of a cheap f*** up.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, I didn't really want it. A friend was buying drinks for us before we went to a concert and insisted this was what we took. I would have been happy with a Colt 45. I actually kinda regret drinking the bastard, because my memory of seeing Voltaire is rather hazy, but all there.

Posted Image

This picture pretty much explains it.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 13 January 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I didn't really want it. A friend was buying drinks for us before we went to a concert and insisted this was what we took. I would have been happy with a Colt 45. I actually kinda regret drinking the bastard, because my memory of seeing Voltaire is rather hazy, but all there.

....or you can have an enjoyable Mikes Harder Lemonade. Its a mans drink too. :unsure:

@sheridanm962: We aren't closer to god. We are buried in the ground, closer to satan. :P

This post has been edited by s.b.Newsom: 13 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 13 January 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

@sheridanm962: We aren't closer to god. We are buried in the ground, closer to satan. :unsure:

I don't see how that would make any sen-

Posted Image

This post has been edited by sheridanm962: 13 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postsheridanm962, on 13 January 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

I don't see how that would make any sense.

How does that not make sense, Heaven is in the sky and Hell is in the ground. Too complicated?

Anyways you killed the joke, good job.

This post has been edited by s.b.Newsom: 13 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 13 January 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

How does that not make sense, Heaven is in the sky and Hell is in the ground. Too complicated?

Anyways you killed the joke, good job.

Glad I could help.

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

@sheridanm962
Why do you keep posting rather lame and old cliché images?

This post has been edited by The Commander: 14 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

User is offline   Psycho87 

The Gospels (and much of the Bible) is theological rather than historical or scientific;

i.e. complete nonsense.

The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion. Not any thing can be studied as a science, without our being in possession of the principles upon which it is founded; and as this is not the case with Christian theology, it is therefore the study of nothing.

-- Thomas Paine

and idiots likely Maher and Dawkins ... Tacitus is a fairly solid source of information and anyone who would say he "hoodwinked" by Christians is just being a skeptical idiot ... Too many people are incapable of such a thing because they'd rather spew insults and ignore reason because it doesn't help their argument, if one could call it that.

I know, right?

View PostPsycho87, on 14 January 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

i.e. complete nonsense.

When the end of days arrives we will see who believed in nonsense and who did not.

View PostThe Commander, on 14 January 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

@sheridanm962
Why do you keep posting rather lame and old cliché images?

Why are you replying about my rather lame and old cliché images?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostTheJerkyBona, on 14 January 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

When the end of days arrives we will see who believed in nonsense and who did not.

Speaking of nonsense, nice avatar not at all arrogant, obnoxious and orange.

View PostRipemanewone, on 16 January 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Speaking of nonsense, nice avatar not at all arrogant, obnoxious and orange.

That is just an insult. You go ahead and insult me, that is ok, but when the one and only lord returns you will pay. And he won't be mercyfull to dawkins lovers like you.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostTheJerkyBona, on 16 January 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

That is just an insult. You go ahead and insult me, that is ok, but when the one and only lord returns you will pay. And he won't be mercyfull to dawkins lovers like you.

Well, hopefully he'll at least be merciful :unsure:

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 13 January 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Wow they have concerts in Inceston, Virginia?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTheJerkyBona, on 14 January 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostDescent, on 16 January 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Wow they have concerts in Inceston, Virginia?

Yeah, a bit away in Richmond.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Posted Image

the-very-best-of-the-guido-jesus-meme.jpg

Troll detected.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 January 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yeah, a bit away in Richmond.

Our porta potties are higher than your skyscrapers.

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

And I thought Richmond smelled like shit, good grief.

I'm not a troll i found the image on youtube. Still i feel insulted and the hatred against god around here disgusts me. Please, redeem yourselves and live a better life. Even when it seems so fat fetched, everyone can see the light if they enable themselves to.

This post has been edited by TheJerkyBona: 16 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

"Waah! People have different opinions than I do!" How can people hate something that doesn't exist. HAR HAR HAR!

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 16 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

And he won't be mercyfull to dawkins lovers like you.

How do you know? Did he tell you that himself?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostTheJerkyBona, on 16 January 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

I'm not a troll i found the image on youtube. Still i feel insulted and the hatred against god around here disgusts me. Please, redeem yourselves and live a better life. Even when it seems so fat fetched, everyone can see the light if they enable themselves to.

Take your beliefs, turn them sideways and ram them up your arse and fuck off while your at it, ponce.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options