Duke4.net Forums: deleting wall - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

deleting wall

This is very simple, but I am just starting out mapping in mapster32, and this is REALLY PISSING ME OFF. I have copied a sector and placed the copy right next to it, and I want it so there is no wall between them, but neither is a child sector, how do I get rid of the middle line/wall? :unsure:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This post has been edited by beefjerky26: 07 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Think of a red wall as two white walls side by side. In order to turn the white walls between the sectors into red walls, you need to make sure that the vertexes line up. Then you can join the two together using the join function. It's hard to explain, but take this for example: You want to join two sectors, and the sides you want to join are equal length straight walls, but one wall has an extra vertex in the middle. These lines will not join. You either need to get rid of that vertex, or insert another vertex in the same position on the other wall. Now in your map, if you pull the copy away, I'm sure you'll see that the vertexes don't match up.

User is offline   Arwu 

Yes. Verticles should be in the same spot on the two white walls to join them as one wall. Micky's description should help You at all.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMicky C, on 07 January 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Think of a red wall as two white walls side by side. In order to turn the white walls between the sectors into red walls, you need to make sure that the vertexes line up.

A red wall is two white walls.

User is offline   thatguy 

Isn't he asking how to removing those walls, not what red lines or white lines mean? Then again it would be a white line if there wasn't some vertex issue when combining them.

This post has been edited by s.b.Newsom: 07 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTX, on 07 January 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

A red wall is two white walls.

Did I say otherwise? Posted Image

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 07 January 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Isn't he asking how to removing those walls, not what red lines or white lines mean? Then again it would be a white line if there wasn't some vertex issue when combining them.

Once they've become red walls, all he needs to do is join the sectors to remove them.

User is offline   nagal 

best way to describe it thru an image

imagine the green line is the right wall of the left room, the yellow line the left wall of the right room... pull either walls vertexes away from the other by a tick, n insert new vertexes on the blue points, connectin those points should then turn the white walls to red... then if u want to turn it into a single room, simple click J on either room, followed by clickin J on the other one... problem solved :unsure:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png

I see that you copied the sector. You can't just move a vertic over another like that. You need to seperate the two rooms that you copied, then make a sector so that the 2 rooms fit together. Now you can delete the sector that you don't need with j. Now you should be able to delete the vertics too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options