Duke4.net Forums: Weather Question - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weather Question

User is offline   nagal 

recently started on a war-theme project (mainly to cure boredom between job interviews n a way to practice TROR)... integrated with DP, custom textures, implementin some new ambience sounds, n if i ever get to understand CON writin, turnin the DP mine-model into a workin explosive (tho not likely to happen)

unfortunately, much like the climate all over europe, i can't get it to snow properly in the game either... i got the custom cloud-layer to move realistically, but the snow is either only in the distance, or non-existent at all

ny advice (n feedback) would b much appreciated... am easily distracted by new ideas, so not sure if this will ever become a finished project, or just another CON headin for a lifetime of catchin dust

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: germany001.jpg
  • Attached Image: germany002.jpg
  • Attached Image: germany005.jpg
  • Attached Image: germany006.jpg
  • Attached Image: germany007.jpg

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Those textures look nice.

As for snow, assuming you are using the DukePlus code, you just follow the instructions in the documentation for making weather (it involves placing a sprite in the map and setting a few tags on it). You can also test weather any time in game by using the console. For example, open the console and type "setvar raining -32" and you should get some snow with default properties.

User is offline   nagal 

thanks, i been raidin cgtextures n applyin some PS skills on em :unsure:

i'v been usin the DP code on several test maps for a while, n it was workin alrite on this one, up until i created the TROR to get the pannin clouds effect... perhaps a glitch caused between the SE104 n the snow-code?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postnagal, on 06 January 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

thanks, i been raidin cgtextures n applyin some PS skills on em :unsure:

i'v been usin the DP code on several test maps for a while, n it was workin alrite on this one, up until i created the TROR to get the pannin clouds effect... perhaps a glitch caused between the SE104 n the snow-code?

There are no SEs involved in the snow code. If you are using TROR, the simplest explanation is that the sectors no longer have parallaxed ceilings, so the game does not consider them to be outdoors. Try pressing P on the ceilings in mapster.

User is offline   nagal 

View PostDeeperThought, on 06 January 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

There are no SEs involved in the snow code. If you are using TROR, the simplest explanation is that the sectors no longer have parallaxed ceilings, so the game does not consider them to be outdoors. Try pressing P on the ceilings in mapster.

the SE104 creates the panning clouds cover, to give it the moving sky effect, but u did point out the problem... when i created the TROR layer for the clouds the new ceiling got paralaxed instead... *slaps head* such a rookie mistake... i'll quietly go hide in shame now hahaha... thanks a bunch tho, this was buggin me for hours :unsure:

UPDATE: problem's been fixed, it's snowin once more in nazi-germany :P

This post has been edited by nagal: 06 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options