Duke4.net Forums: Unused DNF Models Cut from Game - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unused DNF Models Cut from Game  "Some models that were cut from the game but remained on the Disc"

User is offline   xMobilemux 

As I noticed a long time ago and is very likely that some people here noticed too that there were some cut models buried in the Duke Nukem Forever files. The models are some ammo pickups for the weapons and a old Jetpack design that looks to me like the classic DN3D design. These were obviously cut from the game but I dont get why they remain on the disc since there is no mod tools nor did they appear in the DLC or Main game.

So I ripped the models from the game files, hunted down the textures and put them in a picture for all of you too see :unsure:

Posted Image

These models are:

Old Jetpack design (Looks close to the DN3D design to me)
Pistol Ammo Pickup
Shotgun Ammo Pickup
Ripper Ammo Pickup
Freeze Ray Ammo Pickup
RPG/NUKE Ammo Pickup
Rail Gun Ammo Pickup
Devastator Ammo Pickup
Shrink Ray Ammo Pickup

Note: The Nuke Ammo Pickup (The item on the far right) could be used in a cheat for DNF before the patches screwed everything up and it also appears in one of the Duke Nukem Forever Test Maps as seen below:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 03 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The game definitely would have been more fun with ammo pickups. Even if it only meant that weapons like the shrinker could have a nice meaty reload animation. Of course, there's no need for ammo pickups when weapons like the RPG only hold 5 shots Posted Image

Edit: Although that nuke pickup looks interesting.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 03 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

The Nuke (obviously from SST) would've been totally useless anyway considering the fact that you at most faced a few enemies at once.

User is offline   Jblade 

Cool stuff....but of course having to look for ammo boxes is obviously too hard for most people nowadays so instead we get generic ammo boxes that refill every gun instead.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostWesker500, on 03 January 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

These were obviously cut from the game but I dont get why they remain on the disc since there is no mod tools nor did they appear in the DLC or Main game.

You'd be surprised how often and how much cut content is left hidden on a game disk. Even Goldeneye had entire levels and weapons tucked away in the data files only to be found years later. GTA3 had a whole separate "ghost town". There was a ton in Half Life 2. Monsters, levels, weapons, everything.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 03 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

http://tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor

I urge you to contribute.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 03 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

GTA3's 'ghost town' was actually used in a few cutscenes in the game. It was a neighboring city, I wanna say an early representation of San Andreas, but I'm not sure.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options