Duke4.net Forums: George B confirms DLC made from cut levels from DNF. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

George B confirms DLC made from cut levels from DNF.

User is offline   You 

https://twitter.com/...806718196748289

I thought the DLC was fantastic, can't believe it was originally part of Forever.

Thing that made me know for sure apart from the locations and content was the spin action on office chairs has its only use in the DLC.

I thought this was known already. Wasn't it stated the SP DLC was going to be from cut levels?

Yea, Yatta said it in the other topic. But come on, we alreaady knew that. But always good to get it confirmed. But it feels different from DNF, so my question is, what was cut from DNF of this? Was it only the levels? Even duke himself seems to have a personality change.

User is offline   necroslut 

It seems to be based on scrapped ideas and designs, not actually created levels.

View Postnecroslut, on 16 December 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

It seems to be based on scrapped ideas and designs, not actually created levels.

Agreed. Proton as the antagonist, levels in Area 51 and Duke Clones as enemies were all plot elements from past builds and/or leaked scripts. The only thing they didn't include was Bombshell (apparently, Dylan was more popular).

User is offline   ---- 

View Postnecroslut, on 16 December 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

But some of the levels from the 2009 leaked media look very close to the actual levels in the DLC (look at the Drunken Crane Master level).

View Postfuegerstef, on 16 December 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

But some of the levels from the 2009 leaked media look very close to the actual levels in the DLC (look at the Drunken Crane Master level).

Yes, at first glance it looks identical, but if you look closer it seems clear to me that all the assets are different and it appears to have been remade completely while using the original layout and design.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I had thought that Gearbox had specifically stated that the DLC would be brand new made levels. Quite the misleading statement.

User is offline   Kathy 

But what was the point in misleading? Especially when people know better based on leaked documents.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I think you can account for Duke's personality change because everyone said it was not funny.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 18 December 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

I had thought that Gearbox had specifically stated that the DLC would be brand new made levels. Quite the misleading statement.

I think they meant that the acual gameplay assets (maps, art, code etc) was completely new, which appears to be the case if you compare it to old screenshots etc. But yeah, they probably shouldn't have used the words "brand new content".

User is offline   LkMax 

View Postnecroslut, on 19 December 2011 - 04:27 AM, said:

(...)But yeah, they probably shouldn't have used the words "brand new content".

Why not? It's not like they took 4 maps from Duke 3D and resold it for $15 as a DLC for Duke Forever. :)

User is offline   ThePinkus 

George B: trying to stay relevant

View PostLkMax, on 19 December 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

Why not? It's not like they took 4 maps from Duke 3D and resold it for $15 as a DLC for Duke Forever. :)

Because "brand new" implies that it's all new; the ideas are new, the assets are new etc. When it contains a lot of old or reused ideas, people might feel cheated. Not me though.

User is offline   Graywolf 

I don't know if I'm being spoiled here, but am I the only one that feels annoyed with the fact that after paying full-price for a trainwreck with such a lacking campaign, I need to pay even more money to play content that supposed to be in the game in first place?

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View PostGraywolf, on 29 December 2011 - 06:25 AM, said:

I don't know if I'm being spoiled here, but am I the only one that feels annoyed with the fact that after paying full-price for a trainwreck with such a lacking campaign, I need to pay even more money to play content that supposed to be in the game in first place?

This isn't the worst game to do this. Atleast they worked on this DLC after the game shipped.
Its when you pay 10 bucks for a 108 KB file thats bullshit; all that does is unlock something on the disc.

User is online   Sangman 

It's only 7 dollars, dude.

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

DLC is also cut((

User is offline   Kathy 

There were no need to pay for dlc. You shouldn't have even thought about buying the dlc for, as you said, a trainwreck.

Lots of stuff was supposed to be in DNF since the game was in development since 1997.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I definitely think that at least Balls of Steel owners should get the DLC for free... $90, seriously?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 30 December 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

I definitely think that at least Balls of Steel owners should get the DLC for free... $90, seriously?

Well they've only got themselves to blame for that.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 30 December 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

Well they've only got themselves to blame for that.

Of course, but the overall product was a lot more rinky-dink than described during pre-orders and totally not worth $90.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Well there's a saying here about buying a pig in a sack.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I agree with ya, but still, their whole operation of DNF has just come off shady to me.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Huh, so the Balls of Steal edition was cheaper than the standard edition that I and other Australians had to buy..

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMicky C, on 30 December 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

Huh, so the Balls of Steal edition was cheaper than the standard edition that I and other Australians had to buy..

How much was it in Australia!?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

$100 on day of release. According to The Commander, all Take 2 games are atrociously overpriced in Australia/New Zealand, which is really annoying because the Australian dollar has actually been higher than the American dollar for a while now, so it should be cheaper. But instead they're ripping us off and being jerks.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Well, then I imagined that Balls of Steel was probably just as overpriced if you got it.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options