Duke4.net Forums: I need help with HRP v5 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need help with HRP v5

User is offline   Jonathan 

I was trying to set up everything, I bought the full game of duke nukem, then I went to download the HRP v5, I download every update for HRP v5. I start playing the game using eduke32, everything looks just fine, even the introduction says duke nukem HRP v5something, but when I start to play the game, everything looks like the 2004 version and nothing like the new trailer for 2009 or 2011. I will give a you tube video to show what I mean

This video shows you how it looks when I playing on it.

This is the version that I want to play, but dont know why, thats why I ask you what I did wrong.

Sorry I put the wrong video, the second video almost looks the same as the first one, but what I want is this, with the night shadow version

User is offline   E.C.S 

Yeah, whoever did the first video obviously doesn't know how to use the HRP properly, I'm 100% sure it's a bloody lazy which it should be working right now...

But yeah, looks like the maphacks are missing (that add all those fancy lights in the maps), I don't if they come with the HRP or you need to download them separately.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Do you have any lights being emitted at at in-game? I.e is the fire making an orange light? If not, then likely you're not actually using polymer. Make sure the polymer checkbox is ticked in the startup window before starting the game. There's also a chance you might have a bad or blacklisted graphics card so polymer is automatically disabled.

Try playing with polymer, and if it doesn't work, quit, and there should be a file generated called "eduke32.log". Attach (don't paste because it could be very big) the file to your post so we can examine it, and hopefully give us some important information about what's going on.

I came back, I fix most of my problems that I had, the color, the lights are fine, but the brightness, and the strong graphics at the third video I post, is not showing, the graphics the I have right now is the second video.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Well you came to the right place, that's my video you're referring to :)

All you have to do is go into video options > renderer settings, then find the 'ambient light' slider, and slide it all the way to the left. This makes the game look darker, and makes the lights and shadows stand out a lot more, which is what you're looking for.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options