Duke4.net Forums: How to get DukeDC fully functional in Eduke32? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get DukeDC fully functional in Eduke32?

User is offline   xorxif 

I read through the forums and tried various solutions I found without full success.

I'm just looking for the simplest way to get Duke It Out In D.C. to be fully functional with Eduke32.

I have the DUKEDC.GRP file. I tried running with just the /gDUKEDC.GRP command line parameter, and even though the Duke It Out In D.C. logo comes up on the title screen, the maps can not be played as a set, and can only be played through the "USER MAP" selection on the episode select screen. When played in this way, the maps do not link together, the correct map name is not displayed, and the correct music for the map is not played.

I extracted all the .CON files from the .GRP file, and tried each one in the .CON section of the command line parameters. The only one that works partially is the DCGAME.CON file.

The closest I've been able to come to getting it fully working was to extract the DCGAME.CON from the DUKEDC.GRP file and have it used as a command line parameter, like so:

eduke32 /gDUKEDC.GRP /xDCGAME.CON

When run in this way, it does not work properly. The episode menu looks like this:

DUKE IT OUT IN D.C.
DEFINEVOLUMENAME 2
SHRAPNEL CITY
DEFINESKILLNAME 0 PIECE OF CAKE
USER MAP

When I select DUKE IT OUT IN D.C. and start the game, the map does come up normally, has the correct map name displayed, and properly links to the next map when completed. However, the music for the map is not correct (verified looking at various youtube videos of the D.C. maps.)

I tried downloading the DukeDC batch file scripts and running DukeDC.bat inside the Eduke32 folder. All it does is add the /gDukeDC command line parameter when running Eduke32.

I am at a loss to what the solution is. Can anybody assist me with this?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Your DUKEDC.GRP sounds malformed or pirated. There is no such thing as DCGAME.CON unless you followed some directions that told you to construct this file yourself. In fact, the only CON file is USER.CON, and for it to register all conflicting USER.CON files in open directories must be moved. The batch file should do this for you.

Try reinstalling the game using the correct instructions directly from your CD.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 13 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

User is offline   xorxif 

Appreciate the quick response.

That was it. I had the .GRP file on my hard drive from years ago and had fiddled with it somewhat, hadn't remembered. Getting the .SSI files and following the instructions to the letter did the trick. Thanks a lot. Everything works perfectly now.

I'm now curious enough about the HRP and will check it out. Thanks a lot!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I suggest you hold off for a few days until the DukeDC HRP is updated, so that all the levels will have brand new modern looking lights all over the place, if your computer can handle it that is.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm glad to help!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options