Duke4.net Forums: can't select custom game content directory - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

can't select custom game content directory

On the setup screen I can't scroll down to select a custom directory to find my group files.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The custom game content directly as far as I'm aware is only used to select folders in the main directory. If it's just group files you want, then you'd better run a .bat file to play them.

Why don't you tell us what you want to play anyway?

oh, I'm trying ti play Duke Atomic Edition. I tried copying over files from the original directory to eduke32 but it doesn't work. So your saying a .bat file would be needed?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Haha, if you're just trying to play the regular game, you don't need to mess around with any game directory files or anything like that. That's just for things like mods, and even then, most mods pack their own bat files to make it even easier.

All you need are the files from the eduke32 zip, the latest of which can be found at the top of this list: http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/
Then look in your CD and find the duke3d.grp file, and put that in the folder with all the other eduke stuff. That's the only file you need from the original game.

I've done this, copyed over duke3d.grp, and it still can't find it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options