Duke4.net Forums: so is the sp dlc dead? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

so is the sp dlc dead?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postrasmus thorup, on 09 December 2011 - 06:14 PM, said:

What is the battlelord in the command multiplayer map for? The only way i could enjoy multiplayer now would be if they added a coop mode. Single player maps look nice. But i just really wanted some space maps :) And The old Overlord to come back :P Duke have been holding in his shit for 12 years.

I think the Battlelord there is some sort of map-trap like the microwave in Duke Burger. It says he's imprisoned, so I doubt he has a minigun.

What do you mean X-Vector?

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 10 December 2011 - 09:14 AM, said:

I think the Battlelord there is some sort of map-trap like the microwave in Duke Burger. It says he's imprisoned, so I doubt he has a minigun.

That means he must have a stomp or melee animation. I doubt gearbox would make that.

User is offline   Loke 

Maybe it's similar to Faces of Death from DN3D that had a cheeky battlelord in the center on a rotating circle shooting at everyone when in sight. A nice throwback to the original even though that particular battlelord was an annoying cunt. :)

User is offline   Ronin 

Adam F on Gearbox forums confirmed the Expander is in the dlc singlerplayer today and is the gun Duke is holding in the pic with the Enforcer fighting the Cyborg. I love the expander I hope it still has that microwave BING! when they pop..goodtimes, it might be a tactical gun though as it might not work on the cyborgs. Im looking forward to this, but this time my expectations are that I expect to be savagly dissapointed, I hope Im wrong. I give up all hope if the 2 weapon limit remains, it means they are simply brain dead.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It should still have the 4 weapon limit, unless you're talking about consoles. The problem with the 4 weapon limit though is that as far as I can tell, the weapons are pretty randomly assigned, so I'm mashing the numbers on the keyboard hoping I get the one I want.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

They aren't randomly assigned when 4 weapon mode is enabled, they're assigned to the next empty slot in the order you pick them up.

• Honored Donor

That's random enough that there's no specific system involved. We all know that in Duke 3D if you press a 7, you'd get the shrinker, and press 5 and you'd get the RPG etc... but in DNF on each playthrough the order would be different. Bah, I don't care anymore. The weapon system is completely screwed up, everything from the number of weapons, to the weapon selection system, to the amount of ammo each weapon holds. It's all a mess and one of the biggest reasons why I don't like the game, that and linear levels. I don't mind everything else so much.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You could always just fix the order yourself by filling your 4 slots and finding a 5th weapon to use to swap stuff out until it's where you want it. That's what I did.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 10 December 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:

What do you mean X-Vector?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks pretty familiar to me, with the distinction that the new Expander actually manages to be less detailed and less characterful than the weapon designs in Prey.

Here's a reminder of a time when Duke's arsenal looked unique and interesting:

Posted Image

Versus

Posted Image

This post has been edited by X-Vector: 11 December 2011 - 04:58 AM

Those are superficial similarities with Prey at best.

Thanks for showing. I hadn't seen those pictures before. My first thought was that it looks like half half 2. I still think it does. Do you guys see the big spider thing in the background? I bet that we have to shoot at that glowing circle to kill it. Same with the other cyborgs.

User is offline   Stabs 

srsly, this better not be 4 hours of shooting steel men in a steel corridor, please be some other descent environments.

User is offline   Kathy 

Don't worry, it'll be just 2 hours shooting steel men in a steel corridor.

It doesn't look very promising to me either. That kind of enviroment is always boring to me. That's why it's so sad that we won't get space levels :S Space levels would probably be indoor and look like these too.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View PostX-Vector, on 11 December 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

That looks exactly like a shot from the Stream Protectors from Quake 4

This post has been edited by ThePinkus: 11 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Duke has lived on borrowed ideas since 1996.

User is offline   BFG9000 

so does this fit into dnf at all?

It was probably supposed to be in the original game and was cut. So it should fit into dnf.

User is offline   Ronin 

Its funny that the level most suited to have fun shooting things in, is the only level that you can't shoot things in - strip club. If they make the dlc more action driven it could be pretty fun because I find the run and gun in DNF pretty fun when it gets going.

• Honored Donor

They better put some new character models in there. I haven't seen the same character models recycled so much since those insane army guys in quake 2.

User is offline   randir14 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 11 December 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

It doesn't look very promising to me either. That kind of enviroment is always boring to me. That's why it's so sad that we won't get space levels :S Space levels would probably be indoor and look like these too.

How do you know there won't be space levels? One of the leaked achievements was for running over enemies in a moon rover, and Dr. Proton had a moon base in Duke 1.

This post has been edited by randir14: 11 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 11 December 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Before that he lived on borrowed art.

http://www.nemmelhei...ican/news/duke/

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 11 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostHank, on 26 November 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

ditto
http://thejoypads.co...c-achievements/
we need kaisersoze back, or someone into DNF following the action on the internet.

Yes, yes, the game is not the greatest around; but I don't think it's the end, and the DLC is one thing I will buy.

Just took a little break. I'm still lurking. :)

Hello all.

View Postrandir14, on 11 December 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

How do you know there won't be space levels? One of the leaked achievements was for running over enemies in a moon rover, and Dr. Proton had a moon base in Duke 1.

I don't know that for sure. We will know tomorow

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 11 December 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

I think you mean 1991, heheheh.

I'm glad to see the Expander return, but I probably won't play this until it goes on sale or something.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Had to get this for Xbox as I'm in the middle of changing debit cards and I had Microsoft points.
The damn thing is over 3 gigs in size

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

Today is gonna be the day when DLC comes out... but damn< i wanna play. Supid region restrictions that don't allow me to abuy it via steam.

Can anyone help me to acquire DLC key? I'll provide you with 10 bax, you'll get the key via my account?

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 13 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I'm guessing it'll happen later today as right now there doesn't even seem to be a page for it yet in steam.

User is offline   Kathy 

View Post#SH@DOW#, on 13 December 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:

Can anyone help me to acquire DLC key? I'll provide you with 10 bax, you'll get the key via my account?

Why not try steam gifts?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options