Duke4.net Forums: Mapster map size - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster map size

User is offline   ox-skull 

HI all duke fans, im a long time duke mapper back in the days of build (still got my copy of duke its like 15 yrs old.), messed around with witchhaven 2 and redneck rampage as well.
Learned most of the effects you can do in build.
Now i hav Eduke and Mapster :D
I also hav some 3d modeling skill in blender, i hav learnt enough to make a decent model currently learning UV mapping and how apply textures.

Anyways i was wondering about the map size limit in mapster, can it handle bigger maps than build could?
I always ran out if sectors making medieval towns or mountains.

I just like to say a huge thanks for the hardwork that has been put into Eduke32 and the dedicated dukers.

Ox

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Ohhh yeah the limits are way bigger. The sector limit is 4 times bigger than what it was in build (over 4000 now, you'll never use it all up). And you can have over 16000 walls. If you're going to hit any limit, it'll probably be the wall limit.

I hope you have a great time making maps, and maybe you could even get aquianted with the newer mapster features like polymer and TROR (which allows for 3 dimensional map geometry. )

You can also look in the modifications forum for my thread about speed mapping, which outlines some other more recent improvements to the editor :D

I Downloaded EDuke32 HRP v5 duke plus.

Does this hav the newest Mapster features, i read about TROR on moddb but wasnt sure it was released.
Im going to focus on a small destroyed building just to get aquainted with Mapster32.

just 2 things i was wondering on the very first duke level e1l1 i saw a screenshot of the cinema with tha palm tree outside and it was casting a cool shadow.
but i didnt see one when i was playing. but i hav seen shadows at other times like on space station episode where u see dukes shadow from the light of the planet through the window.
Another time in space episode when in the mobile transporter it passes close to the space station and cast shadow which i thought was brillant and couldnt believe i was playing Duke3d.

If u can provide link for the lastest Eduke32 that would be awesome, assuming i dont hav it of course :D

just out of curiosty what would happen if i renamed redneck rampages .grp file to duke3d.grp, i assume it would shit itself.
Redneck Rampage has some great textures too.

thanks for ur time.

Ox

EDIT: i loadod the ROR map in mapster but it just seemed to be a sectoreffector for the water transition effect.
Are the roit vehicles usable the models appear but do i need atomic edtion for them to be usable?

This post has been edited by ox-skull: 21 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

latest:

http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The most likely reason why you didn't see the shadow in e1l1 is because there's a lot of spotlights in that level, and the engine would have removed some shadows to keep the framerate up.

If you try using the Redneck Rampage grp, even if it did load, it'd be completely unusable and unplayable.

Forget the ror.map, it's nothing to do with TROR. When you get the latest eduke32, have a look at trueror1.map

Here's a guide for making TROR: http://forums.duke4....room-over-room/

Here's how you make the fancy lights (using SE's): http://forums.duke4....and-eduke32-20/
To see them in mapster, open up the console with the ` key (top left of keyboard) and type 'setrendermode 4', then press ' and x.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 21 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

User is offline   Mark 

And do a google search for Erampage which is a version of Eduke that has been modded for use with Redneck. Usable but not fully functional. Its still worth messing with.

Thanks for the help and links micky c, ill be startin my map soon.

Ahhhh memories. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options