Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Wtf!?!?!  "No Way"

Have you seen this character before?

http://www.turner.co...tatic/duke.html

omg, crackers!

User is offline   Havoc 05 

Dude yeah!! Thats the, "Duke Nukem" from the old captain planet cartoon... I always get pictures and news articles on him when I search in Wikipedia.. its kinda annoying cause I'm looking for articles on Duke 3D.. :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Yeah, there was a hassle years ago, with sueing and stuff about the ownership of the name...

User is offline   Havoc 05 

Yeah... And what about Duke, "Nukum" Now why did they call him that for the first game?

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Because of possible copyright infringement, using the same name would cause stress against whatever company uses it... So, appearantly the name was already used...

By the time of the sequel, they realized that there was no, erhm, patent (..?) on the name, which makes it freely usable to anyone... Of course, they used the name then, and bought it as well... It even ended up in a legal conflict between 3DR and Turner Broadcasting once... (3DR won the case though)

That's how i reckon it all was, someone may correct my if there's anything more to add, or if i said something wrong...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options