Duke4.net Forums: What could use do to duke nukem forever if you had the mod tools - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What could use do to duke nukem forever if you had the mod tools

User is offline   fatfat1 

What could use do to duke nukem forever if you had the mod tools

I qould just like to know what use cod do to duke nuem forever if you had the mod tools

Thanks Aaron

User is offline   ---- 

I'd mod a grammar- and spellchecking-application into it with duke4.net access. :(

Just kidding ... I would do my own multiplayer gametype I want to do for a Duke game for years now.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 26 October 2011 - 04:54 AM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Yeah, what's the deal with this "use" shit? You sound like my 5th grade gym teacher who came here from Austria.

User is offline   fatfat1 

what other word could i use (use again lol)

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I'd make annoying, non-linear key-hunt maze levels with plethoras of weapons and enemies, and an absolute void of cutscenes and scripted sequences.

I'm dull, aren't I.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postfatfat1, on 26 October 2011 - 05:24 AM, said:

"What could you create in Duke Nukem: Forever if Gearbox released mod tools" would have worked better.

And no one can answer this 100% correctly anyhow, one can only guess that all that could be done is modeling and mapping.
I think texture and sound replacement is already achievable due to the game data files being cracked.
(I saw something on this in another thread)

fuegerstef's idea of making a new "gametype" could be very limited as it would involve coding which the main code would be locked in the source which Gearbox aint going to release any time soon. :(

This post has been edited by The Commander: 26 October 2011 - 05:59 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Id make all the aliens look like Randy Pitchford and give them hype guns.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 26 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostReaperMan, on 26 October 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

Id make all the aliens look like Randy Pitchford and give them hype guns.

Ha, I don't know what a hype gun would look like but that made me laugh.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostThe Commander, on 26 October 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

fuegerstef's idea of making a new "gametype" could be very limited as it would involve coding which the main code would be locked in the source which Gearbox aint going to release any time soon. :(

I was assuming (or better: guessing or hoping) that DukEd or Duke's Enormous Tool would be quite similar to Unreal Editor which lets you create new gametypes easily because the gametypes code was Unreal Script which was available wiht it's sources in all UT games.

Well, one can dream, can't he?

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 26 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Well, it's mostly based off of Unreal, but they've always said it'd be pretty much like learning a new engine because they rewrote everything.

I would redo some levels of duke3d. That's always fun to do, and people like to play those mods. And maybe i would try to make a level from my own mod that i am creating right now from duke3d.

I would do nothing, absolutely nothing.
The game has failed to deliver mod tools while I still cared about DNF so I don't want anything from gearbox anymore.
While gearbox might think it managed to get away with selling a bad game, in reality all they've done was to sell some copies while losing a lot of customers for their future games.
So fuck the mod tools, I don't care about them anymore.
I've been on the front line creating huge topics on their forums, bitching about the lack of mod tools and lack of proper gore in the game and all they ever did was to make promises about patches that will address all of those things in the future.
Gearbox hasn't given us the mod tools and they have done everything in their power to remove the console from the game.
I don't give a shit about mod tools and I don't want to do anything with them anymore.

Also this topic's title is a clusterfuck...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 October 2011 - 01:14 AM

User is offline   Psyrgery 

Well, we've got shotgun arena, rocket arena...

I'd add the "Shit arena". Every weapon in the map would be poop to throw against each other.

View Postfatfat1, on 26 October 2011 - 05:24 AM, said:

You're not living in Dublin by any chance?

Thats the only place in the earth where I know of people that say use/yous in place of you!

This post has been edited by EARTH DEFENCE FORCES: 30 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

User is offline   Graywolf 

The only thing hat keeped me excited during the boring and uninspired campaign of DNF was thinking about the possibility of talented modders recreating Duke 3D with DNF assets/mod tools. But they won't come,

Mainstream shooters like Crysis 2 and COD black ops, published by EA and Activi$$ion respectively, got mod tools for their games, even with pending DLC content (on the time they were released).

So, why the fuck Gearbox/2GAY are doing this bullshit with DNF?

This post has been edited by Graywolf: 30 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options