• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gta 5 ! GTAV ! Grand Theft Auto Five !

Posted Image
It has begun!
http://www.rockstargames.com

It has also come to my attention that the V from the logo looks a lot like the V from a very old 5 dollar bill which is a bit strange.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Nice! I hope it won't be so limited in weapons and etc like GTAIV was.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Of course they would announce something like this on the anniversary of Grand Theft Auto III. heh

This post has been edited by The Commander: 26 October 2011 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostThe Commander, on 25 October 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Of course they would announce something like this on the anniversary of Grand Theft Auto III. heh

The fact that you know that is kinda scary.

View PostReaperMan, on 25 October 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

The fact that you know that is kinda scary.

Kind of hard to miss when they are having Steam sales for the game and http://www.gtagaming.com/

User is offline   Ronin 

Apparently information has been leaked about GTA 5s details, its San Andreas again in 2012 which is cool but this time you dont have to use a dumb rapper.
http://botchweed.com...details-leaked/ (Spoilers, maybe)

Dont know if its true but it sounds about right.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 01 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Well, we will know in about 10 hours.

30 more minutes till the the Rockstar and other GTA fan sites all come to a crashing halt. :D

San Andreas it is then.

EDIT: Although you only really see Los Santos and some countryside, I can't say I saw any San Fierro or Las Venturas areas in the video.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 02 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

What I love about this trailer is that it seems to show FUCKING COLOR!
It seems Rockstar finally learned a thing or two from those fan made graphics mods released for Gta 4 by various cool people.
No more shitty brown post processing to mask all those beautiful colors of the game.

As for the graphics, I totally expected them to use the Gta 4 engine with a few updates, considering how they are already showing us trailers of the game even though the next gen of consoles isn't here yet.
I didn't play the previous San Andreas at single player because of the theme and it's overall characters but I did play some very awesome multiplayer mods on it.
Gta 5 will be great if it adds gameplay elements to Gta 4 and doesn't remove cool things from it.
Looking forward to it but I am not extremely hyped.
To be hyped again, a new Gta needs to come with graphics that will make Gta 4 look as outdated as San Andreas looks when compared to Gta 4.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 02 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Was really hoping for either Vice City or maybe even a new setting. San Andreas is my least favorite GTA.

View PostThePinkus, on 02 November 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

Was really hoping for either Vice City or maybe even a new setting. San Andreas is my least favorite GTA.

Ditto!
At least in this one, we get to play with a very boring and very politically correct white guy that probably gets turned into some kind of 2011 mafia don.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 November 2011 - 03:48 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I hope they got rid of the friend mechanic that I despised so much in GTA4. Being called constantly by Roman kind of deterred me from playing.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 03 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

View PostThePinkus, on 02 November 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

San Andreas is still one of the best games I can recommend single player wise.
The story line is long (none of this COD SP finished in 4 hours shit) and it isn't all about gangster stuff as most people seem to think of it as.
And people that didn't play it because you played as a black person can fuck off you racist fucks.

I tried the multiplayer add on's a few times and it was full of hackers and ping was terrible so I uninstalled that shit.

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 03 November 2011 - 06:02 AM, said:

I hope they got rid of the friend mechanic that I despised so much in GTA4. Being called constantly by Roman kind of deterred me from playing.

They got rid of this in the Episodes From Liberty City.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 03 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

GTA V officially announced by Rockstar

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

It appears that despite speculation, the game will take place in present day Los Santos along with surrounding environments and perhaps not the entire state of San Andreas.

Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar

When the game will be released, I hope there won't be a reason to replace Grand Theft Auto V from that quote with Rockstar .

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 04 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostThe Commander, on 03 November 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

San Andreas is still one of the best games I can recommend single player wise.
The story line is long (none of this COD SP finished in 4 hours shit) and it isn't all about gangster stuff as most people seem to think of it as.
And people that didn't play it because you played as a black person can fuck off you racist fucks.

I tried the multiplayer add on's a few times and it was full of hackers and ping was terrible so I uninstalled that shit.

They got rid of this in the Episodes From Liberty City.

San Andreas was awesome, the most varied envoirnments and funs stuff as opposed to realism, the only problem I had with the character is the whole "gansta" shit I personally hate that shit and people like that make me want to nuke the planet, having said that the single player was excellent. I dont think most people had a problem with CJs colour more the class of scum he is, gangsta criminals are only cool if your 12 or really, really dumb. To go from Tommy Vercetti to that piece of shit was quite a fall.

I am hyped for this game cant wait to spawn a bus at the top of Mount Chiliad, drive off then jump out a second before it hits the ground and survive.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=x1cmtpUSr14

Is it going to use the same RAGE (not the id software game) engine? Because that engine looked good many years ago, but now its just an ugly sluggish engine.
GTA IV was tons of brown running at 30 FPS at max, and the animations felt like every single one had too many frames in it, making the game feel like it ran slow or in space. This is why I didn't like Red Dead Redemption, it was way too slow paced and I strongly prefer Red Dead Revolver over it anyday.
In fact, I prefer any of the old engine Rockstar games (Bully, The Warriors, Manhunt, GTA 3 - VC - SA) than any of their games this gen simply because they ran faster.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Ha, I think that's the first time I've seen someone complain about something being TOO animated.

I'm one of those guys that would prefer the character to instantly turn around in the blink of a frame instead of the character turning around/running around a half circle until he finally turns around.
Instant movement control > Realistic movement IMO

View PostThePinkus, on 04 November 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

Is it going to use the same RAGE (not the id software game) engine? Because that engine looked good many years ago, but now its just an ugly sluggish engine.
GTA IV was tons of brown running at 30 FPS at max, and the animations felt like every single one had too many frames in it, making the game feel like it ran slow or in space.

Sorry to disappoint you but Gta 4's engine is simply amazing even today.
Contrary to everything you've head bad about the pc version of Gta 4 being this horrible pc port, I have to tell you that GTA 4 for pc is an incredible game with an amazing engine like none other and everything you've ever heard bad about it, was generated by people that couldn't play it on day 1 because lack of proper hardware, shitty drivers for everything and even by Windows Vista that many used and were stubborn enough to play games on it, even though it was clearly buggy and slow as shit.
I have personally hated Gta 4 and called it a bad port for the same ignorant reasons, so I know what I'm talking about.
My frustration that I couldn't play it properly, led me to attempt to tweak it and mod it until I bought decent hardware to play it properly.
I have looked through it's files in depth and I know exactly what I am talking about when I am saying that Gta 4 WAS and STILL IS one of the most technically advanced games we have to date!
I will try to show why I am so deeply convinced of this!
The reason why so many people hate Gta 4 on pc and have formed this myth that it's a shitty pc port, is because Gta 4 for pc was years ahead of it's time in terms of hardware requirements.
When Gta 4 came out, the most advanced graphics card from Nvidia was the Gtx8800 which not everybody owned and those who did, thought they'll be able to run the game maxed out without a problem.
Then shortly after, Nvidia put out 9800's that lots bought thinking they will help Gta 4 to finally run maxed out which was also not the case because the 9800's were simply not that big of a difference from 8800's.
Another problem with Gta 4 is that lots of people don't seem to grasp just how much of a difference a fast quad core cpu does to remove the bottlenecks for videocards in this game.
Many people believe that simply having a very high end video card and lots of ram with an old cpu, is enough to run Gta 4 maxed out in 1080p which again is not the case.
Another reason why many people call Gta 4 a bad port is because you can't enable or force Antialiasing in the game which is simply not related to the game being a good port or a bad port.

When the game came out on pc, it did have a few bugs like every other game has at release date these days but they were patched to hell and back after a shitload of patches released by Rockstar.
The only shitty part about Gta 4's graphics were the shitty pixelated shadows and the brown post processing.
The pixelated shadow system has been replaced with a new much better looking shadow system in a later patch(which shows that Rockstar did care about the pc version if they worked so much at the game even a year after release date)
As for the brown post processing that can't be disabled, it has been disabled with graphics mods that make the game look amazing.

Gta 4 is amazing when played with decent gaming hardware and tuned with a few graphics mods! It goes to show just how powerful the engine really is.
You can literally make Gta 4 look much better than Gta 5 looks in this trailer, just by adding a few mods.
I strongly recommend you watch this video as an example of how far Gta 4's graphics can be pushed and hopefully you will realize that Gta 4 is truly a great piece of software even to this day and that it's pc version was far ahead of its time when it came out and that it wasn't just an ugly rushed pc port, like so many would have you believe.
Watch this video in 1080p and in full screen.

Now that I can play this at double the frame rate seen in this video, do I still ignorantly think that Gta 4 was a rushed pc port?
Hell no!
I think Gta 4 was the most awesome Gta game released on pc since GTA2!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 05 November 2011 - 04:13 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostThePinkus, on 04 November 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

In fact, I prefer any of the old engine Rockstar games (Bully, The Warriors, Manhunt, GTA 3 - VC - SA) than any of their games this gen simply because they ran faster.

Well, GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas have their own issues in that respect, most notably the frame limiter.
Doesn't really bother me in the first two, but I've recently installed SA for the first time and it's almost unplayable.
Turning the limiter off isn't an option because it introduces horrible stutter in the outdoor areas.

User is offline   Stabs 

http://i.imgur.com/MARJ2.png
leaked map

interesting speculation
http://i.imgur.com/MARJ2.png

bloody PETA, i want a shepherd damnit

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostDanM, on 05 November 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Correct link:
http://i.imgur.com/UjsAz.jpg

Looks like they made a lot of improvements since GTA IV.... good thing they brought the flamethrower back, there is no more "dating" bullshit. Also it's nice to hear you won't need to worry about having the police behind you so much.

This post has been edited by Fox: 05 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

That CiprY guy could be bullshitting, why is everybody so eager to believe his list of features...
I could come up with a list like that any day simply because those are features that I too would like to see in the game.
As for having a black character like in San Andreas, that sounds a bit far fetched considering the narration in the trailer clearly featured a rich boring white guy with dull ambitions, to be the main character.
That CiprY guy from facepunch said your main character is a lot like CJ from San Andreas and if that's the case, then the narrator should have sounded completely different.
So I call bullshit on that leaked feature list.

As for the leaked map, It does look like it could be the real thing but it doesn't really help that much since it's too blurry.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 06 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

User is offline   Engel220 

Troll or no, he's definately made a convincing effort to get people to believe him. Regardless, the game looked great in the trailer and I can't wait to see what Rockstar's next step is.

I laughed at the forklift.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 06 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

The forklift part aha!

User is offline   Stabs 

So i was quizing the EB guy today cause the pre-order box for gtav PC was on the shelf, and he had it in his system as the usual 31/12/12 date as a placeholder, but i think this gta could have perhaps a 2 week wait at the longest between consoles and the pc version.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options