Duke4.net Forums: NYPD Pig Assualts Peaceful Protester - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NYPD Pig Assualts Peaceful Protester

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Posted Image

Fucking disgusting. Proof that we have a police force with zero accountability in this country.

It's only going to get worse when Great Depression 2 finally hits.

I was going to go to the NYC protests last Tuesday but I got hit with a killer mini-flu so I'm going in this week, probobly Wednesday. Wish me luck!

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

In the words of Jello Biafra (about the WTO protests): Some of it's probably because they had so many other cops... it was that old "Who's on first? Who's on second? Oh, I don't know, I think I'll just fuck some people up." It only takes one rogue attacking Starbucks to taint a whole protest, and it only takes one rogue cop to fuck shit up even worse.

They are going to try some backdoor shit this time around, I guarantee the police will do everything possible to turn this into a violent protest at some point. They want it shut down. They'll just end up gathering somewhere else though.

I'm willing to bet money that the first bout of serious violence will be initiated by police in the USA. I think the bankers will be getting very scared soon.

This movement is going to go fucking crazy once Greece finally defaults.

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

All it takes is one idiot paranoid protestor who doesn't realize that insulting a police officer is actually considered assaulting a police officer which, believe it or not, is a crime and can get you arrested. Said idiot probably then, because he is a fucking idiot, resisted arrest and people around him started resisting arrest; the result of which is riot gear.

Paul Revere's version of the Boston Massacre is not the only one out there and one would be wise to know that the whole scene was already chaotic before shots were fired.

Then explain to me how insults = sucker punching.

That guy looked like he was caught completely off guard. The girl wasn't cursing out the cop until after shit had hit the fan.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Well, the video kind of only shows the punch. It doesn't show anything before the hit. Argumentum ex silentio does not count for anything. All the video shows is that the shit hit the fan, it doesn't show who threw the shit.
Police officers are pretty well trained, especially (I imagine) in NYC, to deal with things like this sort of situation. I highly doubt the officer attacked unprovoked and the video fails to show the provocation but assumes there was none. She comes on to the scene backing up from the officer before he hits her. For all you know she could have pushed him, tried to push him, took something from him, or some other stupid thing people charged up with self-importance and a false sense of invincibility tend to do.

These aren't just some people off the street, these are New York City police officers; well trained professionals who 10 years ago were heralded as heroes and now you want to demonize them? Fuck you. Police officers daily risk their lives for people, even the ones who don't think they should be there. Too many people complain about cops too often but then when their own shit gets messed up, they are grateful for police officers. Just a load of hypocritical bull shit from people who want to have a cake and eat it too.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Going apeshit over one cop hitting some lowlife hippie who probably had it coming?

They should clear the streets already. Send in the National Guard to get rid of these troublemakers. Some of these hippies are like those Turks who wanted to provoke a violent response by trying to break the Gaza blockade.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Eh, my father is a police officer, and he'll be the first to tell you that most police officers don't deserve their jobs. They're in it for the badge and a gun, not to do the right thing. Also, sending in the National Guard to break up the protests is bullshit. It's well within their constitutional rights to be there.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 16 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDescent, on 16 October 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Proof that we have a police force with zero accountability in this country.

Didn't this just happen today? How do you know that the officer will not be held accountable? It's quite possible that he could be suspended or fired or face charges.

And why would the action of one police officer in one city prove anything about every police force in the country (I assume you are aware that there is not one police force for the whole country).

@Mr. Fibble: I'm warning you now about the personal insults. Saying "fuck you" (and meaning it, as you did) adds nothing of value to your post, will lead to more flaming and is against the rules, which I try to uphold from time to time. I mean, there's no problem with people saying "fuck you" when it's a joke, but when people use insults seriously like that it brings the quality of the forum down. Also, I'm well aware that Descent and others will be perfectly happy to trade insults and probably wasn't bothered by the remark, but that's beside the point.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 October 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

It's well within their constitutional rights to be there.

Within limits. Streets belong to the public so a bunch of protesters cannot just occupy them indefinitely.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 16 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 October 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Eh, my father is a police officer, and he'll be the first to tell you that most police officers don't deserve their jobs. They're in it for the badge and a gun, not to do the right thing. Also, sending in the National Guard to break up the protests is bullshit. It's well within their constitutional rights to be there.

Yeah my uncle says the same thing, hes a with the State Police.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 16 October 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

Well, the video kind of only shows the punch. It doesn't show anything before the hit. Argumentum ex silentio does not count for anything. All the video shows is that the shit hit the fan, it doesn't show who threw the shit.
Police officers are pretty well trained, especially (I imagine) in NYC, to deal with things like this sort of situation. I highly doubt the officer attacked unprovoked and the video fails to show the provocation but assumes there was none. She comes on to the scene backing up from the officer before he hits her. For all you know she could have pushed him, tried to push him, took something from him, or some other stupid thing people charged up with self-importance and a false sense of invincibility tend to do.

He still punched someone in the face instead of arresting them. The guy in the green T-Shirt didn't pull some Rodney King shit. He wasn't threatening lives with a stolen car high on crack. He was protesting. Nothing he was doing, short of throwing his own shit at an officer could have provoked that kind of violent response.

People would have been energized beforehand if there was a situation brewing. The victim looked stunned, surprised and unaware. He looks disengaged right after the cop taps him on the shoulder. His body obviously isn't prepared or tensed up for the punch. The crowd wasn't energized until after he struck.

Sure...we can say we didn't see what happened off camera. But we have enough evidence here to draw some valid conclusions.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 16 October 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

These aren't just some people off the street, these are New York City police officers; well trained professionals who 10 years ago were heralded as heroes and now you want to demonize them? Fuck you. Police officers daily risk their lives for people, even the ones who don't think they should be there. Too many people complain about cops too often but then when their own shit gets messed up, they are grateful for police officers. Just a load of hypocritical bull shit from people who want to have a cake and eat it too.

Not all police are pigs. But congrats on accusing me with a blanket statement only a hoodlum would endorse.

This guy is a pig. I've known good cops and bad cops. I used to be friends with someone who dad was a detective and his whole family were police and firemen, they were awesome people, as is any great police officer risking his life for the safety of others.

This guy is a piece of shit who needs to be wiped up.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 16 October 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

Going apeshit over one cop hitting some lowlife hippie who probably had it coming?

They should clear the streets already. Send in the National Guard to get rid of these troublemakers. Some of these hippies are like those Turks who wanted to provoke a violent response by trying to break the Gaza blockade.

"Yes, let's limit our power to fight governments, but only if it doesn't fit in with my agenda. Which is the interests of me, myself and I, Mikko.

Let's violate the First Amendment and close down protests before they become violent. But they might never, you just don't know! I'm glad Officer Jack Bootedthug keeps the Fox News TV reports safe at night so a violent protest thousands of miles away won't scare me on my couch. That totally aligns with me, myself, and I, because that's all I care about politically. Me!"

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The last person I expected to take this stance.

View PostDeeperThought, on 16 October 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Didn't this just happen today? How do you know that the officer will not be held accountable? It's quite possible that he could be suspended or fired or face charges.

And why would the action of one police officer in one city prove anything about every police force in the country (I assume you are aware that there is not one police force for the whole country).

This just happened today, but this happened almost a month ago and there hasn't been any action against the officer.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 16 October 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

Within limits. Streets belong to the public so a bunch of protesters cannot just occupy them indefinitely.

You forgot the part where the protesters are part of the public. It's not the like the streets aren't littered with people any other time. Oh yeah, but they're out to consume so that's okay.

View PostReaperMan, on 16 October 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

Yeah my uncle says the same thing, hes a with the State Police.

At least here in Virginia, the State Police are some of the absolute worse offenders. For some reason they thought having state police primarily patrol communities they don't live in was a good idea. So they don't give a shit who they fuck over.

You Southerners get shafted when it comes to police. Here on Long Island, the police are so laid back that in Suffolk that they don't even write pot possession tickets most of the time. Wait, what's that? A pot ticket? Yes, it's practically legal here. Get caught with less than .88 of an ounce? $120. Get caught with more? You get put on ACOD, which means if you don't commit a crime for a year (And less than .88 isn't a crime) it will never show up on your record.

I've only had one negative experience with the cops here. A good number of our cops are good people, same goes for the Nassau PD and NYPD. Our state troopers aren't as bad as other states, either. Most areas of the U.S. aren't so lucky.

I spent the first 10 years of my life in Ohio and Indiana so I know shitty cops.

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

It's definitely not right for a police officer to throw a haymaker at a wimpy protester, no matter how obnoxious the protester is. It doesn't matter what the guy said prior to the punch; the cop was clearly out of line. And I'm pretty sure that the NYPD will agree, if and when they come out with an official statement about it. Some people automatically regard cops as "heroes", just because of their line of work (same with firefighters and soldiers and certain other professions). I disagree. Some cops are heroic, and most do a pretty decent job, but they are not automatically heroes and some are downright nasty. Hopefully, there will be some disciplinary action in this case.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

In my opinion, you give up being a hero when it's part of your job description, unless you do something really out of your way, like running into a burning building and saving a baby.

On another note, I expect the cops to push the protesters back, incite a riot, and push them all the way back to 'undesirable' neighborhoods where only minorities and poor people live, then leave them to burn down and destroy themselves. Just like the '92 LA Riots, and many before them.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 October 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

At least here in Virginia, the State Police are some of the absolute worse offenders. For some reason they thought having state police primarily patrol communities they don't live in was a good idea. So they don't give a shit who they fuck over.

The State Police aren't bad in Michigan, really you just have to watch out for the City police like the Detroit PD, there are alot of bad cops in that police department.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 16 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 October 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

On another note, I expect the cops to push the protesters back, incite a riot, and push them all the way back to 'undesirable' neighborhoods where only minorities and poor people live, then leave them to burn down and destroy themselves. Just like the '92 LA Riots, and many before them.

WTF? The '92 riots started in bad neighborhoods. It's not the fault of the police if some people are violent and self-destructive. I was in a bad neighborhood myself at that time, trying to take a bus home from school. A group of black teenagers assaulted me and broke my nose without provocation, and the lead attacker explained "I hate all you fucking white people". Luckily, a nice black lady saw what happened and drove me home. That's off topic, but I don't think you know jack shit about the LA Riots of '92.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDeeperThought, on 16 October 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

WTF? The '92 riots started in bad neighborhoods. It's not the fault of the police if some people are violent and self-destructive. I was in a bad neighborhood myself at that time, trying to take a bus home from school. A group of black teenagers assaulted me and broke my nose without provocation, and the lead attacker explained "I hate all you fucking white people". Luckily, a nice black lady saw what happened and drove me home. That's off topic, but I don't think you know jack shit about the LA Riots of '92.

...then leave them to burn down and destroy themselves. Just like the '92 LA Riots...
Everyone knows the cops turned a blind eye to that shit and didn't touch it for a long time. They did just enough to keep it from spreading to rich neighborhoods.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 16 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDeeperThought, on 16 October 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

@Mr. Fibble: I'm warning you now about the personal insults. Saying "fuck you" (and meaning it, as you did) adds nothing of value to your post, will lead to more flaming and is against the rules, which I try to uphold from time to time. I mean, there's no problem with people saying "fuck you" when it's a joke, but when people use insults seriously like that it brings the quality of the forum down. Also, I'm well aware that Descent and others will be perfectly happy to trade insults and probably wasn't bothered by the remark, but that's beside the point.

Well then don't you think you should use your powers and change the title of the thread because I am offended at the title of the thread.
Yes this officer is quite out of line from what is visible in the video, but the title of the thread and my personal job makes this thread offending to me. (Remove the PIG from the title)

So I support Mr.Flibble's comment, as he said there is no need to be hating on all police as Descent is trying to imply.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The police are really good in Australia. They don't have guns most of the time but they do have tazers, although every time they use a tazer they have to fill out a mountain of paperwork so that serves as a pretty good deterrent from misuse. The only bad thing I can think of is that up north they tend to keep a close eye on aboriginals, especially in malls, which is quite racist, and would have negative psychological effects on the aboriginals themselves which probably contributes to what breaking of the law they actually do.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostThe Commander, on 16 October 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

Well then don't you think you should use your powers and change the title of the thread because I am offended at the title of the thread.
Yes this officer is quite out of line from what is visible in the video, but the title of the thread and my personal job makes this thread offending to me. (Remove the PIG from the title)

So I support Mr.Flibble's comment, as he said there is no need to be hating on all police as Descent is trying to imply.

Surely you're trolling.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on 16 October 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

The police are really good in Australia. They don't have guns most of the time but they do have tazers, although every time they use a tazer they have to fill out a mountain of paperwork so that serves as a pretty good deterrent from misuse. The only bad thing I can think of is that up north they tend to keep a close eye on aboriginals, especially in malls, which is quite racist, and would have negative psychological effects on the aboriginals themselves which probably contributes to what breaking of the law they actually do.

The police have a good reputation in Finland as well and for a good reason I believe.

Of course, this is due to demographics. The United States has considerable minority populations which increases the crime rate considerably. This increases the demand for cops, resulting in quality standards being lowered in the absence of higher salaries. There's also been notable incidents of police corruption in all-black districts such as Detroit, Atlanta etc.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on 16 October 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

To be honest I hadn't even noticed that "Pig" was in the thread title. You have every right to be offended, but if we started editing thread titles and posts just because someone got offended then there would be no more free speech on the forum. While I don't share Descent's views on police, I don't think he has yet crossed the line into violating forum rules. Also, somehow it doesn't seem right to prevent people from referring to cops as pigs on a forum dedicated to Duke Nukem games, in which one of the main enemies are pigcops.

View PostDeeperThought, on 17 October 2011 - 07:27 AM, said:

To be honest I hadn't even noticed that "Pig" was in the thread title. You have every right to be offended, but if we started editing thread titles and posts just because someone got offended then there would be no more free speech on the forum. While I don't share Descent's views on police, I don't think he has yet crossed the line into violating forum rules. Also, somehow it doesn't seem right to prevent people from referring to cops as pigs on a forum dedicated to Duke Nukem games, in which one of the main enemies are pigcops.

Did you even read my posts?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDescent, on 17 October 2011 - 08:17 AM, said:

Did you even read my posts?

Yes, I read your posts, in all their glory. Just because I missed one word in the thread title doesn't mean I didn't read the posts.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

We'd never hear about this if it was a Tea Party protest.

That being said, I support neither movement, but this one in particular has no redeeming qualities in it whatsoever. The officer might have been acting beyond his legitimate power, but I cannot sympathize with the protester either. I just shake my head and wonder why such a disorganized movement without a central mission is getting so much coverage.

Edit: BTW, agreed on the poorly chosen thread title. Sure, it may not be your intent to demonize all police everywhere, but the only reason you would select a title like that is to grab attention and, for lack of a better term, stir shit up.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 18 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

My uncle is a retired RCMP officer (Canadian federal police), and he's a really nice guy.

User is offline   Kathy 

No shit? I doubt any of the cops that are bad or corrupt would be like that towards their family. It's not like only schizophrenic sociopaths could be bad cops. And I'm not implying thaty your uncle was a bad cop. It's just what you think of him as a family member doesn't (dis)prove anything related to his job.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostHelel, on 18 October 2011 - 10:28 AM, said:

No shit? I doubt any of the cops that are bad or corrupt would be like that towards their family. It's not like only schizophrenic sociopaths could be bad cops. And I'm not implying thaty your uncle was a bad cop. It's just what you think of him as a family member doesn't (dis)prove anything related to his job.

I guess I was just responding to the "pig" word in the title.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options