Duke4.net Forums: Parody Pack (MP DLC) released - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Parody Pack (MP DLC) released

The sandpit was an ok multiplayer map. I didn't get the idea with the sticky nades. What do they do?
The call of duty map was as you expect it. Like call of duty :( so i guess that's a good multiplayer map too since so many people like call of duty multiplayer. The gun was cool too.
The 2 forts one bridge map is my second favorite only because of the minigun. It fires fast and it damages a lot, hits very easy, and fires around 5 shots per burst. The bad thing about the weapon is that it takes time to warm up the gun, and duke walks slowly while shooting.
The inferno map is my favorite. It's a parody of the first doom 2 map. It has the right atmosphere, but with a duke touch. They managed to fill in the duke icons. Instead of those random demon head things on the wall, we now have pig heads. The feeling of the map is very hellish/castle-like.
In the original doom there are background sounds that sounds very demonish, like people dying and screaming. In this map, it had the demonish screams and such, but also the sound of pigs getting raped by duke ^^ The dfg is just awesome, though the weapon damages the user too.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMack, on 11 October 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Speculation: From what was mentioned in the demo, it looks like the two multiplayer DLC packs were combined (rather than being a separate weapons pack and a separate maps pack). With the single player DLC achievements being up on Steam that'll undoubtedly be released, after that point however who knows.

Well no, because the maps doesn't match up with those MP maps. I hope we'll get another map pack, and they'll release it at a less ridiculous price.

I'd also like to point out another disappointing thing...NO FUCKING FILTER! In other words, if you're playing with friends or anyone else who didn't get the map pack, they CAN'T join you on said levels. Instead, it'll just tell them they can no longer join the session. This is tiresome as there is no option (esp on random select) that gives you the ability to not play the DLC stages, just so nobody gets abruptly booted when it's time for the next course to load. So they're basically forcing you to get the map pack one way or another. WTF GBX??

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 11 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

If Gearbox expect people to pay $10 for the likes of this, then I can see why they weren't too keen on releasing mod tools for DNF.

Simply terrible.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The article on the Duke4 front page cites that there should be improved dedicated server tools. Any word on those?

View PostMicky C, on 11 October 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

The article on the Duke4 front page cites that there should be improved dedicated server tools. Any word on those?

Drop down menus have been added to most of the options, you are automatically taken to a server watch window, and you can apply changes to the server how you see fit. So if I have a Morningwood server set up, but one of my friends hits me up and says they want 2Forts1Bridge on Hot Potatoe, I can apply those changes.

As for the DLC, Gearbox would have done well to have sold this for around $7. Everything in the pack is good (Or great in Inferno and Sandbox's case), but not really $10 worth of good, especially when the game is on sale on Steam for the same price.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Ugh, I completely forgot that I had the FAC set to xbox even though I got the PC version.

User is offline   Stabs 

Wasn't it nice when games like UT99 released big multiplayer map packs for free?

Or how addon packs where good and worth it , like op force, brood wars, Lord of destruction, ground zero (i think that was the good one for quake 2) sad how the company that made op force which is probably one of my most favored and re memorable addons ever made is now charging $10 for some multiplayer maps, a p2p multiplayer game at that, yes that wonderful piece of tech, where johny come ragely just ends your game or his little dipshit brother in the next room starts thrashing the torrents with reckless disregard to upload limits, or how there is actually more game out there but you will never get into them cause they dont have a fucking clue about port forwarding. where did it all go so wrong?

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDanM, on 12 October 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

Or how addon packs where good and worth it , like op force, brood wars, Lord of destruction, ground zero (i think that was the good one for quake 2) sad how the company that made op force which is probably one of my most favored and re memorable addons ever made is now charging $10 for some multiplayer maps,

How much did OF cost?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostHelel, on 13 October 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

How much did OF cost?

Here it was around 30€, which is a bit over $40 at the current exchange rate.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 13 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Opposing Force is longer than most modern games, too. When that came out I was like this is how all expansions have to be done. Gearbox set the bar. A decade later and look where we are. Paying for individual multiplayer maps like somekinda animals.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 13 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Did it require the "main" game? I belive it did. It wasn't really that cheap as some appeared it to be.

Although, DLC are also require the main game. :(

Paying for individual multiplayer maps like somekinda animals.

Then don't.

This post has been edited by Helel: 13 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

View PostHelel, on 13 October 2011 - 05:14 AM, said:

Then don't.

I don't. Most others don't. And that's why many of today's games disappear barely a few months after launch.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMad Max RW, on 13 October 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

I don't. Most others don't. And that's why many of today's games disappear barely a few months after launch.

And this wasn't the case back in the days.

And no cherry picking please.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 13 October 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

And this wasn't the case back in the days.

And no cherry picking please.

Back in the days people had more money to throw around.

User is offline   Loke 

Very excited for some SP DLC.

User is offline   Ronin 

I have the codes havent used them yet Im not bothered to be honest even though I enjoyed DNF multiplayer a bit, I would like some more single player though, isnt it a shame you cant use the new weapons in the single player game? I thought that would have been done, but no we are gearbox that sounds like a good idea so "lets not do it".

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Opposing Force was just as long, if not longer, than Half-Life, and in my opinion a much better experience. It was also released in a big-box format, meaning it was a high quality physical product. Downloadable content should be cheaper, because the copies are infinite.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 13 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Why does every gaming-related topic here has to degenerate into irrational PC elitists nuthugging each other?

Btw, considering annual inflation, the 8€ they're charging for this is peanuts.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Uh, I hope you weren't referring to me. I was simply replying to folks who were aghast at $40 for OpFor when it was released. I'd also be willing to bet it was a little cheaper here in the states. All I was saying is that a physical product should always be more expensive by principle alone. (Especially if it comes in a huge cardboard box.)

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 13 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

http://www.steamgifts.com/

Holy crap look at all those FAC members trying to get rid of their "free" DLC.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 13 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I'm not arguing, because I got the DLC for free (PC), and it installed seamlessly on my end.

First, I'm glad the FPS in the game has improved, along with the sharpness of the graphics. Quite an improvement all around in that area. I've had no stability issues so far, either. So naturally, I don't understand what all the bitching is about.

As for the Multiplayer portion, I enjoyed it. The netcode/hit detection is far improved, and I had a lot of fun playing the DLC maps with my clanmates in a random public server. My favorite map has to be Inferno, 2nd up being 2forts1bridge. The DFG is a bit goofy looking with the hoola-hoop figure on it, but behaves much like Quake 2 or Doom 3's renditions of the BFG. As for the Minigun, it's almost identical in behavior to Heavy's Sasha in TF2. I enjoyed the quotes at when spawning at the beginning of the maps, too. (Such as Duke making a flashlight comment in the Inferno map, and Duke stating his love for hats in 2forts1bridge.)

Overall, In my opinion, not a bad DLC at all. Though, I do agree it is a bit too pricey for what it offers. I think it should sell for $5 USD at most.

(Also, what is this mention about Opposing Force? I remember when that HL1 expansion was on store shelves, and it was priced for the same amount as the full game. Especially considering it was pretty much a full game in itself despite requiring a copy of HL1 to run.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 19 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Everybody keeps talking about improved graphics but I haven't noticed anything. Are the graphical improvements specific to consoles?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Nope, PC Version. Seems the bump mapping and filtering is sharper, along with some textures... but it might just be me.

Well I play on the "worst version" (360), and I've got to say as pointed out before, I've noticed the graphical changes. The lighting seems to be alittle better, and the textures on the maps seem to load up faster and are slightly more detailed. A good example of this wold be the Inferno stage. Also, the "invincibility" coloring effects are much much sharper. It's hard to explain that one, but you'll know what I mean.

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 19 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

After the patch and DLC the game became a finished product.
And i love it. More maps, better frames, lag has been fixed at most.
It'll get better with the next patch and with the 2 more DLCs coming i just can't say how excited i am !
Hail To The King Baby !

User is offline   Kathy 

I don't get it. Does DLC include fixes? What if I don't have dlc? Can't remember steam downloading DNF patches in the last month.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostHelel, on 20 October 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

Can't remember steam downloading DNF patches in the last month.

Well at least mine got patched even though I don't have the DLC. Dunno about changes.

View PostHelel, on 20 October 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

I don't get it. Does DLC include fixes? What if I don't have dlc? Can't remember steam downloading DNF patches in the last month.

There was a huge update like 500mb i think.
You can try to check and download manually the patch from Steam.
But there was an update !

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostEvilEmperorZoRG {GR}, on 20 October 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

After the patch and DLC the game became a finished product.
And i love it. More maps, better frames, lag has been fixed at most.
It'll get better with the next patch and with the 2 more DLCs coming i just can't say how excited i am !
Hail To The King Baby !

I don't know how much I agree that "the game became a finished product", but I like your enthusiasm!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options