Duke4.net Forums: Build help - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Build help  "Mapster or Build"

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi,

I am trying to perform a function in build/mapster that I would prefer not to use a subway car for what I am trying to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what I am trying to do.

1) I want a touchplate to unlock a door but not open it. (I know how to do this first part already) Here is the catch. I want the activator of the door to open the door only after the door is unlocked otherwise the door remains locked and closed and does not open. The reason why I want this function is for multi-player purposes so that the second player starting on the map will trigger an event that only occurs with more than one player.

2) I want to be able to spawn an enemy via a touch plate then afterwards have a master switch spawn another enemy after so many seconds. If I have to use ceiling doors with the autoclose SE with over lapping activators please explain how i can do this?

Can someone provide some help with this? I just can't seem to wrap my head around these functions.

Thanks,
Paul

This post has been edited by Paul B: 08 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

Starting to think this isn't possible. =(

After playing with the build engine a bit more i've realized that

A touchplate can't activate a multi switch to trigger more than one event multiple times

An activator locked can't be used in conjunction with an activator sprite on the same door.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 08 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

i cant really picture what your trying to do but u mite want to look into Dukeplus and use shooters, chains and dormant plates perhaps

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostDanM, on 09 October 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

i cant really picture what your trying to do but u mite want to look into Dukeplus and use shooters, chains and dormant plates perhaps

I will create a map using the subway car system to demonstrate the effects I want then i'll post it. I don't really think there is any other way around this but to use the subway car system for that extra activator functionality. Anyway I'll be back with an update and example map soon.

User is offline   Paul B 

I know you've all been waiting patiently to see what the hell I am talking about.

In a nutshell here is my one room map that shows the effects working in full form. Please note that the second player start location in a real map would have to be off limits to the first player. This can be achieved by using a touch plate system and locked door room that the second player would obviously start in.

In my build tutorial example map I demonstrate the following ....

1) How to start a game with no weapons while taking no damage.

2) Have a successful reoccuring alarm event without modifying the CON file or sound files ( I haven't yet figured out how to stop the damn alarm once it starts). Suggestions?

3) Trigger a Duke trap for multi player mode as a one time event by a second player spawning. Of course the second player start
location would not be accessible to the single player. Which would prep the trap for the multi-player game only.

4) Spawn many enemies with a time delay with the trap activated.

5) Prove yourself elite and finish my map =) Mwahaha its actually kinda fun. Don't go point out my trimming mistakes and my lack of shadding. Because this really isn't the purpose of this map. Be greatful that I used something other than the default brick texture. I left everything open so you can easily see what the hell is happening at any given time. =)

Positive comments are welcome =)

In order to finish the map you must start by going to the second player spawn location first. But you can also see what happens when you don't. Surprise!

- Paul

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 09 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

In case anyone is curious I am going to be including this trap system into my RCPD map eventually. This is because when my friend and I play RCPD.map he always chickens out and doesn't fight the battle on the roof. The trap system I am setting up will force his ass on the battle field with me instead of hanging back. HAHA! I'm such a nice guy =)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 10 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

I finished the map alone :(
But i think it was a good trial map ( or whatever you may call it ). Carry on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options