Duke4.net Forums: Battlefield 3 Beta is a NOGO - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefield 3 Beta is a NOGO  "The game is a NOGO"

User is offline   Skulldog 

I preordered Battlefield 3 because I had alot of fun on Battlefield 2, but after playing Battlefield 3 Beta I cancealed my
preorder. This is the first time I have ever cancealed a preorder or ask for a refund. I saw a hack that was just to much
for me to have to go through. The hacker could teleport you to a spot in front of him and kill you on the spot. That being
said, leads to one thing. The programmers or someone that works or has ties to someone that works on BF3 can
make this hack happen. Who else would even dream of doing this type of hack. It makes me wounder how many times
I was killed by a hacker on BF2. Enough said, Battlefield 3 is a NOGO.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 05 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

I care for it's sp that's all.

Yes, Single player mission on BFBC2 was good. I may even buy the game when the price drops, just to play to
play the sp campaign.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostSkulldog, on 05 October 2011 - 08:42 AM, said:

Yes, Single player mission on BFBC2 was good.

I haven't even touched the single-player campaign in BFBC2 and I have zero interest in the BF3 single-player campaign.

But I don't understand why would you cancel your preorder because of a cheater.

I do have valid concerns about BF3 though. Reading BF3 forums, it seems that they have increased weapon damage considerably since BFBC2 and decreased recoil, which makes it easier for noobs. So the whole game is now like a hardcore mode (i.e., noob mode). This was my biggest worry from the beginning and I can't believe that actually went that way.

User is offline   Stabs 

wish i could get into caspian, rush is just camping / being shot by well hidden proned campers

how stupid is that flashlight ey?

who the f cares about any single player these days, just the same regurgitated bloated crap you get bored with 10 hours into if you semi enjoy it in the least anyway

This post has been edited by DanM: 06 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 06 October 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

I haven't even touched the single-player campaign in BFBC2

Neither I did. I tried, but the introduction story never stops and you can't by-pass it, so I always end up closing the game before it starts.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 06 October 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

I haven't even touched the single-player campaign in BFBC2 and I have zero interest in the BF3 single-player campaign.

But I don't understand why would you cancel your preorder because of a cheater.

$63.59 in my pocket. Even without the cheaters I would need an upgraded computer. It plays
ok on the computer I have now. I may have to get the gaming internet package offered by
my IP company. It's the highest one of three they offer. I got the refund 4 days ago, the game
is still showing in my origin account. I wounder if I will be able to play it on release day?

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 07 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Btw, it seems that they've fixed the air/ground balance. It was pretty good in BFBC2 already. Air maps in BF2 are unplayable these days thanks to jets and choppers raping everyone else.

User is offline   Graywolf 

Agree with Mikko about BC2.

About BF3, i've been playing the beta and i'm honestly disapointed.

Vehicles are totally underpowered (ok, BF2 was plagued with OP jets and vehicles, but DICE went to far on nerfing them), Recoil smaller than of BC2 (BF3 recoil is geared to COD players), high damage to cather HC camping crowd and battlelog is annoying.

Caspian Border can be a big map, but the combat zone is relatively smal.. All the flags are clustered together, this is like Arica Harbor Conquest with a dozen miles around for Jets flying (in slow motion).

the hit dectecion/random deviance on BF2 was appaling, but DICe again went to far on the other side and make the guns of BF3 behave like laser rifles .

This post has been edited by Graywolf: 09 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

What I don't understand is why couldn't they just keep the low recoil & high weapon damage in noob mode and let the rest of us play the game the way we've gotten used to.

I also played bf3 beta and unlike most of you here, I will admit that I never played bf games before. And no, that doesn't make me a cod fanboy because cod also bores me.
War fps games in general bore me to death but I do own BC2 and I also played BF3 Beta these days.

From what I can tell here, some of you are old school bf players and really have strong opinions about how this and that should work in a BF sequel and I am ok with that.
The problem that I have with some of your opinions here is that I find some of them completely hypocritical in the favor of pro BF players.
For ex. I am an old school quake 1 ,2 and 3 player, a half life1 dm player, a cs 1.6 player and I happen to be quite good competitively in those games because I've played them years on end.
At Half life 1 dm I even won championships locally and won prizes 3 times in different years.
That being said, playing new competitive mp fps games to me is just like getting used to driving newer car models that tend to drive themselves more and more.
The closest experience I've ever had to playing a BF LIKE game in the past, seems to be enemy territory quake wars.
When I played caspian border in bf3 beta, it really felt similar to enemy territory quake wars in a lot of aspects and that's because I don't have anything else to compare it to that I've played in the past.

I own battlefield bc2 since day 1 of release due to the fact that it was gifted to me.
I only just played bc2 last night for the first time because I was in the mood of some bf3 and bf3 beta was over.
What I can say is that I played bc2 for 5 hours last night and I enjoyed it with the exception of the missing prone feature and the fact that you can't strafe while running, where in bf3 and pretty much every other serious competitive game, you can.
As an old school competitive fps gamer, I can say that I like both bc2 and bf3 but bf3 gave me a much more satisfactory experience and I felt that I had more chances at getting some frags than I did in Bc2.
Being a new BF3 player and not getting owned to a pulp had a huge role in my decision to keep playing it a few more hours and even check BC2 after all this time.
I don't agree that bf3 is noob oriented, I would say that bf3 is more arcade than bc2 and closer to what was cool in competitive fps games back in the 90's and beginning of the 2000's when talking about movement and shooting mechanics.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

User is offline   Graywolf 

Mr. Deviance

TBH the true BF hardcore vets hate Bad Company 2, that is by far my favorite multiplayer game of all time. I didn't spent nearly as much time on BF2 as I did on BC2, but for the 20-25 hours I spent on Battlefield 2 I could say that game has some serious problems, even for is time. The game is very fun, but the hit detection system is awful and the vehicle/infantry balance is completely broken. But some BF2 hardcore fans seems to like the Jet rape, and got unhappy with the massive NERFING dice did with them. I partially agree with them, since the jets now are slower, and much vulnerable to the hordes of stinger-engineers on the ground. However they (BF2 hard vets) wants BF2 HD in frostbite 2.0 with all the vehicle rape, wich is not what I want. I think dice nailed right with BC2 vehicle wise and on weapon behavior. It took a few patches but overall Bad Company 2 became a great balanced multiplayer game.

Concerning BF3, I was disapointed with the whole beta experience but I think the game will be much better than the beta. The map operation metro is awful and they couldn't have choosen a worst map for it. I'll go far, I actually think OP metro is the worst BF map ever.
About BF3 guns, I recenlty read that there was some strange bug involving being shot while running. Apparently the damage was bigger than supposed to be on these circunstances. I was annoyed with the hardcore-like high damage and smaller recoil comparing to BC2, but the biggest gripe for me was DICE's vision on Conquest flag positions. And that became worse on the OP firestorm map. Flags are too much near each other, making most of the big maps having large empty places for jet battles. Altought I'll make a better conclusion playing the final game, with all the maps and stuff ready to try.

I strongly recommend you to spent more time on Bad Company 2, especially if you can play with friends. With good squad mates and good team the BC2 experience is just plain magical!

edit: my english is not very good

This post has been edited by Graywolf: 12 October 2011 - 05:06 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

One more week, can't fucking wait. Gonna get wasted with a friend and play this shit all night. I'll be a fucking general by the time the sun rises.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I still can't work out what the big attraction to the MP in these BF & COD games is. :(

This post has been edited by The Commander: 20 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

...don't forget Halo. Can't forget about the Halo.

View PostThe Commander, on 20 October 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

I still can't work out what the big attraction to the MP in these BF & COD games is. :(

Battlefield 2 was great, because of the Jets, and Choppers. Flying mobility was outstanding. Now getting the Jet
or Chopper was a bitch, but it was funny watching people getting arty by commanders of the other team, or C4ed
off the carrier waiting for jet. Admin's made the game suck because they made stupid rules and kicked you when
killed them. I remember getting C4ed off the carrier 5 times in a game and the guy never got kicked. So I C4ed
him off the carrier and I got kicked because it turn out he was Admin lol. Alot of funny shit happens on Wake Island.

I made it in the top 2000 in the leaderboards, but i still have not made 4 star.

COD, has good SP Missions and just keeps getting better. MP has lots of game modes.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 21 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I gave COD another go last weekend on a friend's playstation, and I have to say it was pretty frustrating at times. It was bad enough that everyone dies with so few shots, but with the console's shitty low resolution, it was too hard to distinguish between players and the environment. So it was a frequent occurrence that somebody who I didn't know was there (either in front or behind me) would shoot at me and the next thing I knew I had to respawn. No fighting chance whatsoever.

Some people might like that (but not me), and say what you want about DNF's regenerating heath in multiplayer; but even against a devestator you still had a few seconds to react against someone firing at you.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 21 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Commander, on 20 October 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

BF & CoD are obviously very different. CoD is very straightforward, essentially modern-day deathmatch, so it doesn't keep you interested too long.

BF is awesome because you've got big maps, different classes (with different weapons) and vehicles. In other words, there's tons of stuff to do and many ways to do it. Playing as a medic is very different to playing as an engineer. Some people like to whore vehicles the entire time; others dedicate their lives to destroying vehicles. You can pretty much play at your own pace. Add to this the size of the maps and you've got a very diverse game in your hands, one that doesn't repeat itself. Edit: Moreover, teamplay is entirely optional. In games like TF2 you're pretty vulnerable if you decide to go at it alone. In BF you can do considerable damage by going solo, but you're also rewarded for teamplay.

View PostSkulldog, on 21 October 2011 - 04:29 AM, said:

Alot of funny shit happens on Wake Island.

Wake Island is a good example of a map that's ruined by the poor air/ground balance:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 21 October 2011 - 05:00 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Trailer just changed my mind about Beta making me think this game is a "no-go."

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 21 October 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

BF & CoD are obviously very different. CoD is very straightforward, essentially modern-day deathmatch, so it doesn't keep you interested too long.

BF is awesome because you've got big maps, different classes (with different weapons) and vehicles. In other words, there's tons of stuff to do and many ways to do it. Playing as a medic is very different to playing as an engineer. Some people like to whore vehicles the entire time; others dedicate their lives to destroying vehicles. You can pretty much play at your own pace. Add to this the size of the maps and you've got a very diverse game in your hands, one that doesn't repeat itself. Edit: Moreover, teamplay is entirely optional. In games like TF2 you're pretty vulnerable if you decide to go at it alone. In BF you can do considerable damage by going solo, but you're also rewarded for teamplay.

The big problem of BC2 multiplayer is the users. Mostly because apparently they want a game like CoD, straightforward and everybody with the same weapons.

Whenever you are not being called a noob for not using only Assault Rifles (and they may call you for using some of the avaiable Assault Rifles), an admin is kicking you for not making a straightforward game.

Of course being called a cheater all time is also annoyong (and I am not even a good shooter).

View PostSkulldog, on 05 October 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

I preordered Battlefield 3 because I had alot of fun on Battlefield 2, but after playing Battlefield 3 Beta I cancealed my
preorder. This is the first time I have ever cancealed a preorder or ask for a refund. I saw a hack that was just to much
for me to have to go through. The hacker could teleport you to a spot in front of him and kill you on the spot. That being
said, leads to one thing. The programmers or someone that works or has ties to someone that works on BF3 can
make this hack happen. Who else would even dream of doing this type of hack. It makes me wounder how many times
I was killed by a hacker on BF2. Enough said, Battlefield 3 is a NOGO.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uRCYZRwJVww

You sir, are seriously going to be kicking yourself in the back on launch day.

I find it hilarious how some people are so nitpicky on here, that a tiny hiccup like that would make them cancel a pre-order.

Did you even have punkbuster installed?

Even before the launch trailer i knew this would be Game of the Year.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostYatta, on 21 October 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

Trailer just changed my mind about Beta making me think this game is a "no-go."

Well, I like 1:18 and 1:29-1:30, but that has nothing to do with the game itself.

BTW, I still don't know why some people get so antsy about the comparisons to Call of Duty, because the differences seem to get smaller every time EA releases a new trailer.
Where's the multiplayer focus, where are the massive 256 player maps, where is the battlefield?

"Let's go find our marines" - nah, let's not.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostX-Vector, on 22 October 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

Where's the multiplayer focus, where are the massive 256 player maps, where is the battlefield?

In the multiplayer mode. The new totally uninteresting trailer obviously advertises the single-player campaign.

View PostX-Vector, on 22 October 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

Well, I like 1:18 and 1:29-1:30, but that has nothing to do with the game itself.

BTW, I still don't know why some people get so antsy about the comparisons to Call of Duty, because the differences seem to get smaller every time EA releases a new trailer.

"Let's go find our marines" - nah, let's not.

Wheres the fucking multiplayer?

They have only being focussing on the multiplayer for the last 6 months with all the multiplayer gameplay videos they released.

Wasnt releasing a multiplayer beta not a good enough preview for you you fucking moron?

Some people are so blind and idiotic on here, its actually unbelieveable.

After watching so many multiplayer gameplay videos this launch trailer was the nicest surprise ever,
it sheds new light on the single player, and showed us scenes we never even expected to be in the final game,

especially the chase scene through a city in the U.S.

Where the fuck were you the last year, hiding under a rock?

User is offline   X-Vector 

You mean the multiplayer mode that still sticks to the "ye olde" 64 player limit, while the developers have indicated that their actual target is a 32-40 player loadout?

The whole design of BF3 is a knee-jerk to the status quo (which is dominated by CoD) rather than a natural progression of the earliest Battlefield games and the quality mods made for them.
Predictable and perhaps understandable (from a commercial viewpoint, with EA breathing down DICE's neck), but still a disappointing waste of potential.

I get the feeling you've been dissapointed your entire life.

View PostEARTH DEFENCE FORCES, on 22 October 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

You sir, are seriously going to be kicking yourself in the back on launch day.

I find it hilarious how some people are so nitpicky on here, that a tiny hiccup like that would make them cancel a pre-order.

Did you even have punkbuster installed?

Even before the launch trailer i knew this would be Game of the Year.

That is a big fat negative sir, I got a new Video card and had just enough money to re-order\preorder\predownloaded.
Your Dogtags are as good as mind. :( What the hell, I had all the other BF'S on launch day. Why stop now. After all
it was beta. As for the hackers. I read about the alpha server software leaking out and having hacked servers during
the beta. Plus they will patch the game now and again.

As for punkbuster, that gets installed when you install the game. Maybe punkbuster only server's checkbox was not
checked in filter settings.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostX-Vector, on 22 October 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

You mean the multiplayer mode that still sticks to the "ye olde" 64 player limit, while the developers have indicated that their actual target is a 32-40 player loadout?

The whole design of BF3 is a knee-jerk to the status quo (which is dominated by CoD) rather than a natural progression of the earliest Battlefield games and the quality mods made for them.

Going for bigger and bigger battlefields is not progress but catering to the needs of a small group of players.

I just got an email form Origin.

Thank you for ordering on Origin. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 24, 2011.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

27th here still which is good because my mind is set on that date anyway.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options