Duke4.net Forums: They say Rage totally failed the pc gamers. - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

They say Rage totally failed the pc gamers.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostThePinkus, on 05 October 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

The only thing wrong is that texture resolution is rather low and some buildings are different
Its also at a slightly different angle, so it appears as if some stuff is missing, but its just in a different spot.
In fact the textures are so low that I'm sure the player either very quickly turned to get that angle so the textures aren't fully streamed in yet, or the graphics are automatically set to low. Because it doesn't look that bad in game.

The FOV is less in the "in-game". Probably less then 90 from the looks of it.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

Found this on the net, pretty much sums it up haha

Posted Image

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

The last pic looks way too much like Another World.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMad Max RW, on 06 October 2011 - 07:25 AM, said:

If that really was the case then RAGE might be worth getting I think. lol

That might actually be pretty goddamn cool. Like a scifi version of Amnesia.

The PC version still looks better then the console ones. :(

View PostMad Max RW, on 06 October 2011 - 07:25 AM, said:

You know, it's a really great idea. Making a sequel to Another World or a remake from FPS perspective using those graphics it could prove to be interesting.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 08 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

Guest_refluX1k_*

the fix has been released, so no more worries. you can't wait two days to play a game or what. get laid.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yes, the grand answer to everything. Beefing up your macho-insecurity.

Ha, the new patch disabled almost all of the cvar commands making it impossible to tweak the game. I was really enjoying my second playthrough with faster movement speed, no health regen, and tougher more accurate bad guys. Now it's back to slow and easy mode no matter what the difficulty. Fuck this. I'll wait and see if id software gets their act together before touching Rage again.

Edit. Got it working again by creating a shortcut of the unpatched Rage.exe file and restoring all the original config tweaks. Pain in the ass, but it works. I gained nothing from their first patch. Hopefully id comes to their sense and unlocks the god damn console again.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 09 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMad Max RW, on 09 October 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

Fuck this. I'll wait and see if id software gets their act together before touching Rage again.

you are not alone Posted Image

http://gamerfront.ne...cs-issues/12864
I quote:
Don't dumb down our interfaces because you think your software is better at determining what our systems can handle. Some of us will push our rigs to the very edge, just to see what happens. Others will select slightly lower settings, to ensure that their framerate never dips below 60. In short, we are all different people with different machines, and we want to tweak our games to accommodate.

it will never happen, of the looks of it.

I quote the God of game programming"
"We do not see the PC as the leading platform for games,", explaining the reason behind this, he further added, "That statement will enrage some people, but it is hard to characterize it otherwise; both console versions will have larger audiences than the PC version. ... "
reference
http://www.gamepur.c...orms-games.html

end of story?
Well for me. I buy two games per year on PS3 - so Rage will get a pass, I was interested mainly in the SDK.

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

Rage doesn't even come with the SDK like they promised multiple times. It was supposed to be as easy as bringing down the console window and typing idstudio. Nope. Doesn't work. It's like they're deliberating thinking of every way to piss off PC gamers.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 09 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I think game developers want to intentionally break the PC gaming market, at least in terms of major titles. The console industry is where the profits are.

User is offline   Graywolf 

As a Doom fan I'm surprized that the people behind Doom 3 delivired this uter garbage port. The game's having problems with both ATI/NVIDIA cards and the tearing is horrible. Lack of advanced graphical settings, weak textures, stuttering... Its just unplayable.

User is offline   Stabs 

yeh new patch just fucked the game for me, pause for 15 seconds every 5 seconds now, top job fags!

meh i say gamers start lifting their favorite franchises and just start rogue remakes with a very fuck you attidude towards c&d's

This post has been edited by DanM: 09 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 09 October 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

I think game developers want to intentionally break the PC gaming market, at least in terms of major titles. The console industry is where the profits are.

That's only if you think in terms of 1 or 2 years ahead, and even now overall sales are beginning to rapidly drop. If the next generation of consoles can't match the previous (and based on the state of the world's economy this will be totally impossible) then a helluva lotta companies will be hurting big time.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 04 October 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

George Broussard has officially turned into the biggest, fattest most annoying douchebag troll of the entire gaming industry.
I did the stupid mistake of reading his twitter account in hopes that I will see him posting something about his experience with Rage and so I did, but please be warned that if you are an old school pc gamer, what follows next is something that will potentially make you hate George Broussard's fat guts forever as much as I hate him now!

First he said this on twitter:

Then a guy replied to him on twitter this:

And what did the ungrateful, biggest failure of all, piece of shit George Broussard had to say to this?
Lo and behold !!!

George Broussard is not only officially and irrecoverably DEAD for me after this tweet coupled with his previous pro console/hate pc remarks that he made about DNF's control scheme but if I will actually stumble into him during the course of my life, I will personally take time to spit him right between his fat eyes!

Broussard should vanish forever after the embarassing 14 year development game he made. I'm glad the won't get anymore chance on the industry again. So, let he play his xbox 360 all day, with him unrelated to Duke we can be optimistic about the future of the franchise.

Guest_refluX1k_*

works just fine for me, and I have both a laptop with a radeon hd 4570 and radeon hd 6520g and it works on both of them perfectly now with the new patch and new (optimized for rage 11.9) catalyst drivers. you guys must just be computer illiterate or mentally deprived in some form. all you need to do is increase the texture buffer size to large. it's just like with dnf... if it runs like shit get a better computer and quit your bitching. i've heard you guys bitching about even dnf running like shit on modern nvidia sli systems. are you really that inept? i can run all current games, no matter the requirement, on a freakin' nvidia geforce 8800 gts 384 mb ram video card, which is 7 years old. grow up.

nevermind

This post has been edited by Graywolf: 09 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMad Max RW, on 09 October 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

That's only if you think in terms of 1 or 2 years ahead, and even now overall sales are beginning to rapidly drop. If the next generation of consoles can't match the previous (and based on the state of the world's economy this will be totally impossible) then a helluva lotta companies will be hurting big time.

Perhaps, but I can't really see the majority of console-tards moving over to PC. So that says to me in your scenario (which is possible, I really don't read into it too often since I don't have much a stake in modern gaming) that we'll probably see another video game crash.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There will definitely be a video game crash, if there isn't one already. Worldwide economic disaster coupled with an abundance of cheap games tends to do that.

View PostDeeperThought, on 09 October 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

There will definitely be a video game crash, if there isn't one already. Worldwide economic disaster coupled with an abundance of cheap games tends to do that.

Shhh..... don't say that..... you may curse us.

If you're a PC gamer a video game crash can be a good thing. Sequel after sequel after sequel is making it impossible for original ideas to get funding. And they all seem to blend together. If the big wigs are wiped out things will scale back but at least we'll see more original stuff. Smaller companies will feel better about taking chances to see if they can strike gold when there's a vacuum in the market. Right now everybody is milking the same cow because it feels safe. The PC is the only platform that has always been there.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I've been playing the shit out of this and it's the best id game I've ever played. The low res textures were distracting at first but I don't really pay much attention to them anymore. The actual art direction is great, the audio is great, the gameplay is great and the game itself is great. It has the typical amount of problems you end up seeing with a 1.0 release of any new technology but I'm pretty confident the kinks will be smoothed out in future patches. The good definitely outweighs the bad with this one for me.

View PostTX, on 09 October 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

I've been playing the shit out of this and it's the best id game I've ever played. The low res textures were distracting at first but I don't really pay much attention to them anymore. The actual art direction is great, the audio is great, the gameplay is great and the game itself is great. It has the typical amount of problems you end up seeing with a 1.0 release of any new technology but I'm pretty confident the kinks will be smoothed out in future patches. The good definitely outweighs the bad with this one for me.

Glad to hear that TX, will install Rage this week too.
I precisely wanted to stay away from this since before I even knew about all the mountains of shit that it gave to pc gamers.
I am going to pick this up, after the next patch is released .
Lately I am making a policy out of buying games only after they get at least 2 patches released first.
If I really can't contain myself and I want to play a buggy game on day one, I can just torrent it and buy it when it's fixed, so I can play mp and add it to my collection.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 10 October 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

If I really can't contain myself and I want to play a buggy game on day one, I can just torrent it and buy it when it's fixed, so I can play mp and add it to my collection.

No you can't. In this case even the torrent were a fucked up fiasco, I can't link to it, but the comments alone were funny as hell, best comedy read so far on this planet.

Nah. I appreciative John Carmack's honesty - they are focusing with Bethesda on consoles. Unlike TX, I do want hi-res on my comp. As George B. said, if you buy games for PC, you are gonna to get fucked by the big boys.

This post has been edited by Hank: 10 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I saw that ATI had released a hotfix patch to address OpenGL errors with this game and other crap. (surprise surprise)
So I downloaded it in hopes that it would also improve performance with Polymer in EDuke32, but no dice there. :(

No I don't own RAGE either.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostHank, on 10 October 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

Unlike TX, I do want hi-res on my comp.

Whoa, don't go putting words in my mouth. I said that I got over/got used to the lack of high res textures, not that I didn't want them. I've heard rumors of a possible PC ultra high res texture pack being put together by id and I think it would go a long way towards making people shut up. I'm quite looking forward to it, assuming the rumors are true. My point is that low res textures don't make it a bad game, for the same reason that I can load up any number of old DOS games and enjoy them immensely regardless of their lack of high resolution art assets.

View PostTX, on 10 October 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

My point is that low res textures don't make it a bad game, for the same reason that I can load up any number of old DOS games and enjoy them immensely regardless of their lack of high resolution art assets.

That's not how it works for others like me for ex.
I too can load shitloads of dos games or any retro game from any platform for that matter and love them very much precisely for their pixelated low res graphics.
The problem with today's games is that I don't expect to like them for the same reasons for which I like old games but for the reasons for which I likeD old games when they were new.
I don't like a game that looks shitty when that game just got released and it's supposed to be a state of the art fps game that should immerse me with it's graphics and ambient.
The reason why I can play hl1 today or duke3d or doom and still love them, is because back when I played them, they were state of the art games and now when I play them, I still see them as having state of the art graphics but from a different age that I lived and enjoyed. When I play a game that used to be state of the art, I get teleported to those days and that's what nostalgia is!
How can I ever have nostalgia for Rage, 10 years from now just like I have for doom 1 and quake, when Rage looks consolized and low res even today when it's supposed to impress me?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

User is offline   Kyphros 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 10 October 2011 - 01:04 PM, said:

That's not how it works for others like me for ex.
I too can load shitloads of dos games or any retro game from any platform for that matter and love them very much precisely for their pixelated low res graphics.
The problem with today's games is that I don't expect to like them for the same reasons for which I like old games but for the reasons for which I likeD old games when they were new.
I don't like a game that looks shitty when that game just got released and it's supposed to be a state of the art fps game that should immerse me with it's graphics and ambient.
The reason why I can play hl1 today or duke3d or doom and still love them, is because back when I played them, they were state of the art games and now it's a nostalgia thing.
How can I ever have nostalgia for Rage 10 years from now just like I have for doom 1 and quake, when Rage looks consolized and low res even today, when it's supposed to impress me?

Heh. Great minds think alike, I see. :(

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options