Duke4.net Forums: DNF Survey from Gearbox Software - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Survey from Gearbox Software  "Let 'em know what you think!"

Just saw this linked to on Gearbox Software's Twitter feed. Looks like GBX is looking for some direct feedback regarding DNF!

Things like linear levels, the type of humor, health regen, the weapons limit and other things that fans have been griping about are all in there. Hopefully this is a sign they're taking notes for Duke Begins or whatever's next.

This post has been edited by PhReAkINDEE: 19 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPhReAkINDEE, on 19 September 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

Hopefully this is a sign they're taking notes for Duke Begins or whatever's next.

You and I both! Posted Image

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Question is, will they listen and do?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 19 September 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

Question is, will they listen and do?

Hey, I'm trying to stay positive. For myself, no, they won't listen. Not one question regarding mod tools, so Gearbox lost me as a potential fan forever.

But I'm only one person. There is hope for other gamers. Posted Image

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostHank, on 19 September 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

Hey, I'm trying to stay positive. For myself, no, they won't listen. Not one question regarding mod tools, so Gearbox lost me as a potential fan forever.

But I'm only one person. There is hope for other gamers. Posted Image

If people want mod tools bad enough they'll charge money for it. That's the sad part, GBX sees dollar signs for things in high demand, which should have been included free in the first place. Guess we'll see......

It's weird. Most of the questions were about the things that we had already complained about. Like "Do you like the regenerating EGO system?". I mean, haven't we already said that we hate it?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I did the survey. Hopefully I get a coffee mug! I'm glad to see Gearbox wants to know just how much people hate certain aspects of DNF.

I think they know they need to act on this information or they are screwed next time around.

This post has been edited by Descent: 19 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

User is offline   Sharpie 

I have no doubt Gearbox already have a plan for the future of the Duke IP but it's good that they are at least attempting to incorporate the fanbase into its future.

They would already know why DNF is a piece of shit though. Like stated above all the obvious problems were listed in the survey but I appreciate that Gearbox are trying to keep a good relationship between them and us fans. It's a welcomed change from how 3D Realms tried to do things.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 19 September 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

If people want mod tools bad enough they'll charge money for it. That's the sad part, GBX sees dollar signs for things in high demand, which should have been included free in the first place. Guess we'll see......

I see this brought up so many times and people still don't get it. No company can legally put a price tag on a game's SDK unless they intend for you to resell your creations and make a profit. In that case the price will be more than DLC. WAAAAY more. If you want the tools you have to license them for thousands of dollars then everything made belongs to you. Or they release for free but everything you make belongs to them. Read an End User License Agreement (EULA) included with mod tools for any other game.

Ah, I was looking for a survey! I hope that they listen to the fanbase.

Personally, I think that this game is, by far, the most underrated game I've ever seen. People are spoiled brats nowadays.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'd love to see the results from this get released.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Remember the last 'survey' they did regarding dedicated servers? We all know how that ended up...

User is offline   Malgon 

I just completed doing the survey, but I wish they had a comments section so you could perhaps go into detail and elaborate on certain aspects of the game and thus provide a better insight into your likes and dislikes. Just my take on it.

Just did it. Do I get a door prize at least? It'd fit perfectly with my DNF can holder

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 20 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Surveys only create the illusion fans have any input. In the end they already decided what to do with or without your thoughts. The few times survey results are released to the public they are wildly distorted so as to blame you from their bad decisions. Or they use it as more marketing hype. Like "hey,our new game has features X, Y, and Z because YOU asked for it!" even though you probably never did.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 20 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Not one question about lack of mod tools. That was disappointing.

User is offline   Martin 

I filled it out. Nice to see that they're canvassing for the next game so it won't suck so very badly like DNF. I didn't care about no questions regarding mod tools. I did you guys a favour and 'strongly disliked' the two weapon limit, though.

I still donno why the console versions didn't get any updates or patches...like the 4 weapon inventory. Fo shame GBX...fo shame.

The fact that a survey like this came so late after DNF was released, is living proof of how incredibly out of touch and corporatist gearbox really is and how long the fanbase's bitching took to reach their ears so they could realize that Duke Nukem fans MIGHT NOT see DNF the way GBX thought we see it.

If the Duke Nukem fanbase is living in our solar system, then Gearbox is surely living in a different galaxy where light from our solar system needs to travel at least half a year until it reaches them and vice versa.
I am not sure but I suspect that after you gather a certain amount of money from your fanbase, there's one point where your head gets so far up your own ass and it gets so dark and hard to breathe that you begin finding new star systems there...
People like Randy Pitchford seem to always look for new star systems in all the wrong places, when all they need to do is check their freaking forums.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 21 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

3DRealms would have fixed any problems in no time.

Gearbox on the other hand, not so much.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostBam050196, on 24 September 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Unless they would have had a different meaning about "in no time"...

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostHelel, on 24 September 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

Unless they would have had a different meaning about "in no time"...

Like... forever? yep.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

"No time" in valve time? :(

User is offline   X-Vector 

"Soon"

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by EARTH DEFENCE FORCES: 03 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

I saw the survey as them wanting to get our input on how to improve on the game. I thought it was a good idea.

User is offline   JMG2 

I don't know who would be in favor of limited inventory or linear levels. :/
I'm going with the "false sense of input" theory.

In any case, I hope they ignore anyone whining about the game's sense of humor. It's perfect.

View PostBam050196, on 24 September 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Gearbox on the other hand, not so much.

Randy has made it clear that Gearbox did not touch any of 3DRealm's "vision" of Duke Nukem Forever. All they did was polish it. All blame for Duke Nukem Forever's bad/good qualities belongs to 3DRealms and 3DRealms alone.

This post has been edited by JMG2: 01 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostJMG2, on 01 October 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

Randy has made it clear that Gearbox did not touch any of 3DRealm's "vision" of Duke Nukem Forever. All they did was polish it. All blame for Duke Nukem Forever's bad/good qualities belongs to 3DRealms and 3DRealms alone.

Thank you. As much as Randy pisses me off, we haven't had enough 3DRealms bashing around here.

Gearbox is only responsible for DNF's technical lockdowns.

And honestly, as time goes on, I don't think editors could have saved this product. The sales numbers were so God damn low already. I would have loved to see them, but it would have been futile.

I don't think many people on here have come to realize that to most of the world, DNF was the second coming of Daikatana.

This post has been edited by Descent: 01 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDescent, on 01 October 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

Thank you. As much as Randy pisses me off, we haven't had enough 3DRealms bashing around here.

Won't change much, me thinks.
I just started the game again, and asked: How da hell do you get a blow job and play DNF at the same time?
Answer – just get areal blow job and move on. Posted Image

View PostEARTH DEFENCE FORCES, on 27 September 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

What kind of fucking homo would -1 a picture of a babe like that? :(

2nd Piccy fixed.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options