Duke4.net Forums: What do you like to do aside Duke Nukem in ur free time? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you like to do aside Duke Nukem in ur free time?  "tell or show vid."

User is offline   Zaxtor 

When I don't play duke I like Ultima Online.
I like photoshopping.

Now the non-Computing part.
I like hiking, filming animals, setting off fireworks, making gadgets (homemade stuff).
And a lot more.

Le skunk

Making homemade fireworks :(

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Setting off fireworks by using electricity. 100% homemade.

Home made firework activator (almost finished)

Making gadgets, I make many aside firework launchers and etc.
My powerbar is homemade btw :(

User is offline   Jeff 

Watching movies, playing other games. Playing with the cat. Think that's about it.

User is offline   Kathy 

Watching movies, listening to music, playing videogames, talking to other people.

User is offline   Lunick 

I like listening to my music, building something in Minecraft or just go out somewhere.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Don't you ever get busted for all your fireworks? I'd guess it's illegal in QC to set them off outside special occasions.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I do it far from people.

Doing it in the city is more illegal accept on special occasion.
I prefer doing it far,far away from houses and people because is better.

It both respect people.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm into building electric powered bikes and motorcycles. Play guitar. Restore old radios from the 1920's and 30's. And I'm a "Ham Radio" operator. I stay pretty busy throughout the year.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMarked, on 06 September 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

And I'm a "Ham Radio" operator.

Ever made contact with ProAsm? :(

User is offline   Mark 

IIRC the subject was brought up while I was working with him on the SW HRP stuff. I had totally forgotten about it til now. I think we may have operated on different frequency bands.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Nice antique radios.

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks. Thats only part of my collection of about 50 or so. Plus I have already sold another 55-60 others after restoring them. And before that I bought, fixed and sold more than 150 old tube type CB radios from the 1960's and early 70's.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I like to listen to music, read books, play video games, and watch films and television. I also enjoy painting, drawing, sculpting, and writing. I'm not very good, and I don't get to practice painting or sculpting too often. I don't quite like drawing much, and I'm rather terrible at it but its the main bit I have access to. (No cash for materials for sculpting or painting.) I'm attempting to come up with a stand up comedy act, but I'm having trouble coming up with an opening piece, and I'm adamant about developing a unique personality and tone. (I don't want to be a jerkoff like Denis Leary or Carlos Mencia.) I'm into politics pretty heavily, so I'm always up to date with all that, and somewhat active in my own and surrounding communities. I like doing charity work. I'm a fat fuck (and I don't care) so I'm admittedly a foodie, and I quite like cooking as well. I enjoy playing hockey, horseshoes, cornhole, bowling, and basketball. I don't get to play them too much any more, because I mainly played them in high-school but now everyone has moved onto college and such and we've no place to gather, and hardly the time. A lot of my time is spent just fucking about or sleeping though.

User is offline   Kathy 

Are you actually 18 years old? Because... fuck.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

He was like 10-11 yrs when I joined AMC and now he is like almost 19 yrs.

User is offline   Kathy 

What is AMC?

In the last 7 years I haven't really evolved anywhere. I'm basically doing the same stuff in free time I was doing in the 00s.

I like having alot of sex. But then again, who doesn't? I also write for theater, do occasional acting, do some radio voice overs here in there in my area, run my website, and go out to bars and clubs every Thursday and Saturday. I'm kind of a "mall rat", and I'd say I'm alittle too old for it, but eh, I don't give a fuck. Also love to eat alot of pizza.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostHelel, on 06 September 2011 - 09:40 PM, said:

What is AMC?

http://www.amcwebfor...m/smf/index.php
the Duke forum with a long history

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHelel, on 06 September 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

Are you actually 18 years old? Because... fuck.

Yes, I am. What do you mean by the last bit?

View PostZaxtor, on 06 September 2011 - 08:25 PM, said:

He was like 10-11 yrs when I joined AMC and now he is like almost 19 yrs.

In December, yes, I shall be 19 years old.

And no, I'm not going to college because I'm a dumbass.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 07 September 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

And no, I'm not going to college because I'm a man and the school system outside of engineering is designed for women.

Fixed that.

I go to school. When I'm not at school or working on translations, I am usually playing some game. Right now I am messing around with Dragon Age Origins again but I was playing Civ 3 for a while. Because I don't have a whole lot of social friends around here (I've now lived in 3 different cities), I don't go out as much as I'd like. Being poor doesn't help but I haven't found any drinking buddies in the area since I moved here.
I fell out of the habit of reading recently but that is mostly because work and school took over again. I might start back up again I know I have a handful of books "off the shelf" right now that I need to read. I can usually finish an English book in a month or so between work and school.

I'm also writing a book but that has been put on the back burner because of the aforementioned school and work. Honestly, when I get home, I don't want to do shit so getting homework done is enough work before I need to vegetate a bit.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You might be right. Though, I plan on going to college at some point, but I have no money, no car, and limited prospects, and I'm spending tons of time at the hospital with my mum, so it really isn't working out in that direction. I'll probably end up going for painting, sculpting, political science, history, or the culinary arts. Yes, I realise that is a rather random and wide assortment, but if I feel like being an extra dumbass I'll just get a BA in Business and call it quits.

Fun facts: I haven't taken the SAT or ACT tests, nor have I ever studied Algebra II. I have no idea how I graduated. Yay for American school systems.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 07 September 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

Yes, I am. What do you mean by the last bit?

I mean "Fuck, I'm not even close to doing everything you do and I'm way older".

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Ah well, just take stride in the fact that I don't really do anything important, and most of the things I do are admittedly not even that good. (Like every post I've made, ever.) I'm more of like a jackoff of all trades.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 07 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Why spend lots of time at the hospital,. She's sick?

I may sound like a massive nerd for saying it, but I enjoy writing Doctor Who fanfics (I WAS going to do a Doctor Who/Duke Nukem fanfic on my original PC, but seeing as how it's still in the shop, that project is now on hold).

• I have the power!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 07 September 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

You might be right. Though, I plan on going to college at some point, but I have no money, no car, and limited prospects, and I'm spending tons of time at the hospital with my mum, so it really isn't working out in that direction. I'll probably end up going for painting, sculpting, political science, history, or the culinary arts. Yes, I realise that is a rather random and wide assortment, but if I feel like being an extra dumbass I'll just get a BA in Business and call it quits.

Fun facts: I haven't taken the SAT or ACT tests, nor have I ever studied Algebra II. I have no idea how I graduated. Yay for American school systems.

Do Poli-Sci and help me run for President in 15 years. I make fun of business majors on a regular basis, it is kind of my past time. It's what I do on weekends when I'm not doing serious school work. I suppose that is the result of being a school elitist.

Also, I do love that after completing high school, you haven't taken any advanced mathematics. Taking the SAT and ACT are those optional things but serious high schools (read "private high schools") encourage and help students sign up for and take those. One of my friends was home schooled and had a GED at 16 but didn't "get around" to taking the ACT until I convinced him to take it with me. He finally was taking classes at a local community college but now he is getting married and has a daughter (the former was planned before the latter happened, so not a "shotgun wedding")

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 07 September 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

Ah well, just take stride in the fact that I don't really do anything important, and most of the things I do are admittedly not even that good. (Like every post I've made, ever.) I'm more of like a jackoff of all trades.

I think that's the case with most...if not all, of us here :(

Guest_refluX1k_*

drywalling, drinking and sleeping. i hardly even game anymore, but i'm still very good at them.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMr.Flibble, on 08 September 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

Do Poli-Sci and help me run for President in 15 years. I make fun of business majors on a regular basis, it is kind of my past time. It's what I do on weekends when I'm not doing serious school work. I suppose that is the result of being a school elitist.

Hehehehe, it's actually a pipe-dream of mine to run for President. I'm definitely running for some sort of public office at some point.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 08 September 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

Also, I do love that after completing high school, you haven't taken any advanced mathematics. Taking the SAT and ACT are those optional things but serious high schools (read "private high schools") encourage and help students sign up for and take those. One of my friends was home schooled and had a GED at 16 but didn't "get around" to taking the ACT until I convinced him to take it with me. He finally was taking classes at a local community college but now he is getting married and has a daughter (the former was planned before the latter happened, so not a "shotgun wedding")

Actually, I think most people take at least some advanced mathematics in high school. Most of my friends had got as far as Calculus, while I managed to stop at Geometry. Which I find quite hilarious. My private school was a joke. I passed all of my classes without doing any work and I never had a guidance counselor. Anything I know I've probably taught myself.

• I have the power!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 10 September 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

Most of my friends had got as far as Calculus, while I managed to stop at Geometry.

Calculus is rather useless in the real world. Of course, ironically, I almost miss it...but I'm strange.

While I'm necroposting...

I have lots of hobbies that last a few hours at a time and show up every once in a while:
I used to do more 3d modeling and stuff but that fell to the wayside since Blender kept updating and I had relearn the GUI. I also lack creativity which may be why I only recently made a playable map for Duke3D. I still do an annual Halloween picture of myself. I usually use the GIMP but I have Photoshop now so I may try to figure out the interface on that. I am frustrated that it lacks an easy way to move around the scene. The GIMP made zooming and panning really easy so I got used to that but I can't figure out how to zoom in Photoshop easily. Of course, my lack of long lasting creativity at times results in just that annual Halloween edit..
At one point I also did video editing and now my job at school focuses on video production but I mostly to computer based stuff (less editing and filming, more streaming and uploading). That may help my motivation to get some other video editing things done that I've been thinking about but never got to.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options