Duke4.net Forums: Favorite Duke Nukem Games - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Duke Nukem Games  "There are more than three, afterall!"

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Mine, in this order, would have to be Duke Nukem 3D v1.5, Duke Nukem: Time To Kill, and Duke Nukem II.

Duke3D Atomic, Duke Nukem II, Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

User is offline   avatar_58 

The original Duke Nukem games are always fun for me :) although Duke3D just oozes entertainment.

User is offline   Halcyon 

Duke Nukem 3D Atomic and Duke Nukem 2 are my faves. I remember how much I liked the midi soundtrack in Duke Nukem 2....

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

my favorites are:
- Duke3D
- Duke Nukem 2

I haven't tried many other Duke games... DN:MP was kinda funny, but way too short, and kinda cheap...
Duke nukem time to kill and land of the babes had some very cool intro music videos (Stabbing Westard's the thing i hate and Static-X's Push it were friggin' cool) but the games themselves were kinda cheap...

I bet that if i ever had the chance to try Zero Hour, it would be one of my favorites... :)

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

I thought the Duke model in DN:MP was the best to date.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

I don't think I'll be very original on that one: Atomic and DN2. I think MP was some kind of joke, but I'm opened for such games (being oldschool doesn't mean it's bad), but I'd rather stick with DN2 than play MP. In DN2 I liked the intro: Dukes ripping that smile in a target in the shooting range from large distance using only a handgun... and then saying: I'm back. Decent.

User is offline   Micki! 

Nihilanth, on Dec 25 2005, 07:17 PM, said:

In DN2 I liked the intro: Dukes ripping that smile in a target in the shooting range from large distance using only a handgun... and then saying: I'm back. Decent.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joe Siegler (our Forums moderator at 3DR) actually did the voice for Duke there... :)

User is offline   Nihilanth 

Nice, and who needs proffesional actors for something like this :).

User is offline   Iggy 

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition. I haven't tried out many other Duke-games, only Duke3D v1.3 and Manhattan Project.

User is offline   Dr.Dude 

Duke 1, 2, 3D and Manhattan Project.

User is offline   Micki! 

Dr.Dude, on Jan 27 2006, 12:42 PM, said:

Duke 1, 2, 3D and Manhattan Project.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello, and welcome to our Boards Dr.Dude..! B)
Enjoy your stay...

OR HATE IT!!! :) B) B)

User is offline   Dr.Dude 

Howdy. :)

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Duke3d ( 1.3 or 1.5, I don't care ) comes first, naturally. After that.. I'd say the first platformers - I enjoyed the psx titles but they didn't have the 'flair' I wanted :)

User is offline   Merlijn 

I'm not going to be very original I'm afraid:

-Duke 3d (atomic or 1.3 - doesn't matter)
-Duke 2
-DN-MP

It's still fun playing old platform games every once in a while. DN-MP was fun to play too, I really liked the Chinatown episode. :)

User is offline   Cervante 

1st post:

the 1st duke nukem game ive ever played was dukenukem64, I though that game was the best game ever since he said ass and saw girls in thongs dancing ((I was a kid so cut me a break)) anywho I got duke nukem fever and got myself duke nukem zero hour...

I flipped since they actually talked (voice over), then one day browsing through my uncles PC mag I saw upcoming manhattan project, then a small brief history of duke nukem games were added to the article...then thats when my jaw dropped when I saw MOD's for the PC version, especially the pent house one...

from that day on I started to save cash to buy me a PC, get Duke Nukem 3D and get that penthouse mod....one year worth of savings I got it :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Welcome to our forums Cervante... :)
Enjoy your stay...

I have never tried Duke Nukem 64... Nor have i played Duke Nukem Zero hour (damnit, i want that game) B)

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

Duke Nukem Zero Hour is fun, although I was never a fan of TPS Duke games. (Third person shooters) Duke was always meant for the FPS genre (IMO)

Duke 64 was great fun though. It was one of the first times I ever played a 4-man deathmatch in some of the N64's own levels, and I had a blast.

But in order of my favorites...

Duke Nukem 3D (for PC)
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
Duke Nukem II
Duke Nukem I

User is offline   laffer 

My favoute Duke game is Duke 3D. The sidescrollers never really did it for me for some reason.. perhaps because the Amiga had superior games in this genre (the Amiga was better suited for sidescrollers than the PCs back then).
Of course I thought they were entertaining, only not as much as many other games I'd played in the same genre.

Oh, Death Rally is really fun, does that count? You can select Duke in that game after all :)

User is offline   Telee 

1.) Duke Nukem 3D
2.) Duke Nukem 3D Expansions
3.) Duke Nukem II

User is offline   Nukem 

Duke Nukem 3d
Duke Nukem: Time to Kill
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

User is offline   MoGa_DeX 

1st post

the first time i saw my brother playing duke nukem 2, i was 5 years old
then 2 years later my brother bought DN 3D and the duke virus took control B).
my brother wouldn´t let me play cus i was too young for that kind of violence B) so i was always asking him to play and i could only watch him play but then it was enough for me :)

game rate: 1 - Duke Nukem 3D
2 - DN 3D Atomic
3 - Duke Nukem 2

User is offline   Arcodus 

Ah, Nukem games! Gotta love em!
My favorites?
Duke Nukem 3d/Duke Nukem 64 and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour!

My first Duke game was Duke Nukem 1, I really loved that one. In fact if I didnt know Duke from that game I would probably not have bought DN3d

1) Duke nukem 3d
2) Duke nukem: Zero Hour
3) DNF :x

Duke Nukem 3D (ps1), Duke Nukem Time To Kill & Duke Nukem Manhatten Project

User is offline   Havoc 05 

One of my earliest memories is of playing Duke Nukem II... It was at a friends house and I was really young... Dont remember much... just this weird blond guy running around shooting faceless minions.. oh and those hands that grab you scared me.. ;)

Mine would be: Duke Nukem 3D (Course), Duke Nukem Manhattan project (Cause its like a new Duke Nukem II) and also Duke Nukem II itself...

You know its sad... I feel really old (Even though I'm 15) when talking about games cause I grew up with all these old DOS games (Our computer wasn't the best) and when I talk to people they go, "Huh, never heard of that game" :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options