• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A thought about the new forum organization

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

• DNF Gameplay & Strategy
  • DNF Technical Issues
  • The Lack Of DNF Mods & Editing
Sounds like we've got a bit of sour grapes. Is that supposed to be a hint to any stray developers lurking the forums, by any chance? :) I find it funny, though. Who was responsible for that?

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 27 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

http://forums.duke4....post__p__104978

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 27 August 2011 - 12:00 PM, said:

• DNF Gameplay & Strategy
  • DNF Technical Issues
  • The Lack Of DNF Mods & Editing
Sounds like we've got a bit of sour grapes. Is that supposed to be a hint to any stray developers lurking the forums, by any chance? :) I find it funny, though. Who was responsible for that?

Sour grapes?
Everybody on this forum, that visits the DNF section has all the rights to be as bitchy as they want to.
Especially the staff that has made this site out of passion and had to put up with so much shit just for the sake of being loyal fans.
If you ask me, this site has been waaaay too kind to the ppl in charge of DNF's release.
If this would have been my community to run, I would have shown some huge signs of disgust towards the "officials" after DNF's release.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 27 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's not "sour grapes" or any hard feelings towards anyone responsible (though I can't say I'm pleased about the situation...) but more of a realistic commentary on what the situation actually is. DNF flopped, having several top tier forums relating to it is a pointless waste of front page forum space at this point and there truly is a lack of mods and editing.

I didn't want to just remove the forum and merge its contents in with one of the others, on the off chance that editing tools do show up at some point in the future, and I figured that most of what little discussion has taken place there has been about the lack of editing anyway so it just kind of fit.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 27 August 2011 - 12:00 PM, said:

The Lack Of DNF Mods & Editing
Sounds like we've got a bit of sour grapes. Is that supposed to be a hint to any stray developers lurking the forums, by any chance? :( I find it funny, though. Who was responsible for that?

I was one of those that requested it. Whenever mod tools are available for a franchise game, say DoomIII, the original Doom I/II see an upswing in their own project flow. I did my research. DNF Mod tools had been asked for by at least 600 people at the Gearbox forum. Some of those people are now modding with Valve and or Unreal or the new one Crytek SDKs. It's not sour grapes, it's a simple statement to Gearbox that some Duke fans are also modding fans. It's a subtle reminder that this issue wont just die with silly DLCs or patches.

Hope this helps. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 31 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options