Duke4.net Forums: Should this site still maintain it's current name? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should this site still maintain it's current name?

Duke4.net
Correct me If I'm wrong but I always thought the Duke4 name was given to make this site the unofficial home of the fourth Duke Nukem game that was in development hell until a few months ago aka DNF.
Now that DNF came out and is not by any means a spectacular game, why does this site still need to bring homage in it's name to the fourth duke nukem game when there is more stuff worked on and debated about duke 3d than about DNF.
We are already hearing news about a fifth duke nukem installment that's aimed to reboot the franchise in the future.
Is this site going to get stuck on honoring duke nukem 4 even when the fifth or sixth duke nukem game will be debated on these forums?

This site is about everything duke, yet it's still being called like a site that's especially made for DNF talks.
My personal opinion is that a name like this, is no longer beneficial for a community such as this and that the duke4 name should be changed to a new more general one.
A dukefanbase.net or dukenukemfans.net or something along those lines, would be much more suited for this community at this point in time and in the future if you asked me.
If this site really needs to remain centered around DNF, I think a more appropriate name for it would be duke4failed.net

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 27 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I don't care at all as long as any domain changes for all hosted sites, etc. are redirected from duke4.net to whatever else.

User is offline   Kathy 

http://www.duke5.net

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

^That was smart on their part.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

http://www.duke6.net

Quick, squat that shit! :)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

The Duke4.net name is too valuable to be switched over to something else, especially if it's a longer domain name. Duke4 can simply mean Duke 4ever, as in Duke is Forever.

I did register Duke5 though. We'll see what happens. :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Duke4.net rolls off the tongue nicely.

I'm new to this specific community but IMO the site should keep this name.
It ROCKS :(

User is offline   Martin 

Should this site still maintain it's current name?

Yup. The domain is synonymous with the series, and anyone looking for info on Duke usually ends up here. Nobody cares about DNF, or that this website was named after it. Duke4 .. 4 EVA!!

User is offline   Ronin 

Yeah, it should stay because if nothing else at least everyone here can agree that the wait for DNF was FUCKING EPIC.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

The wait for DNF might have been "FUCKING EPIC" but it is to bad that the game didn't live up to that quote.
Still, there is always the SP DLC that could save it. (Also releasing a SDK could to)

View PostThe Commander, on 20 October 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

The wait for DNF might have been "FUCKING EPIC" but it is to bad that the game didn't live up to that quote.
Still, there is always the SP DLC that could save it. (Also releasing a SDK could to)

It was fun. The Ghost Town level along with it's ambient {music} was damn old school to the top !
I think that the waiting was 10 times more epic though. Sure the game was good for me but in a way i'll miss the waiting.

The ghost town level and the demo level was by far my favorites. Too bad it didn't last longer. I just like the idea of traveling to small places, and each little location has it's own little puzzle.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options