Duke4.net Forums: Dukematch Maps (Fake Multiplayer) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dukematch Maps (Fake Multiplayer)  "Duke Nukem Must Die"

User is offline   Kyanos 

I put together a collection of Dukematch maps with an older version of Eduke32, that still had working Fake MP. The dukebots still suck terribly, but there are some good maps here.
Run Dukematch.bat it will load E1L1. Then feel free to pick from some cool user maps. Most came from YANG, some I found online.
Attached File  eduke32_Fake_MP_r1551.zip (2.35MB)
Number of downloads: 295

This post has been edited by Drek: 27 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Thanks. I've always wanted to try out the duke bots, and could never figure out how to write the batch file. Though I must admit, your maps folder is quite empty. Mine's about three times as big as yours :) Btw, what name do you go by on Yang? It's very likely I've played you before with how much I've been online recently...

User is offline   Kyanos 

I haven't been on YANG much recently. I've been catching up on 10 years of worth of duke mods (no computer :))
I have quite a few more maps too. I tried to keep the download small (46 maps?) feel free to share some DM maps of your own here. I heard somewhere the new multiplayer code is near the top of the to do list.

This post has been edited by Drek: 05 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's always handy to have good packs of maps in one place. Thanks for this.

Drek, on 27 August 2011 - 09:59 AM, said:

EDIT: I, I, I, sound self centered. :)

Nah.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Hendricks266, on 27 August 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

Thanks for this.

Actually, I should thank you. It was from some of your older posts that I found the working multiplayer.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Hmm, it seems that the EDuke32 version you included is from October 17, 2009 (now fixed), while the last revision before this:

------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
r1552 | terminx | 2009-12-05 01:22:43 -0800 (Sat, 05 Dec 2009) | 2 lines

Ball-busting true client-server multiplayer prototype/alpha/whatever
------------------------------------------------------------------------

was r1551. http://dukeworld.duk.../20091203-1551/

In any case, I've had fixing the AI bots on my list for a long time, but I have the feeling that it's more complicated than just reattaching the command-line parameters to activate them for the new netcode. :)

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 27 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Drek, on 27 August 2011 - 09:59 AM, said:

I haven't been on YANG much recently. I've been catching up on 10 years of worth of duke mods (no computer ;))
I have quite a few more maps too. I tried to keep the download small (46 maps?) feel free to share some DM maps of your own here. I heard somewhere the new multiplayer code is near the top of the to do list.
EDIT: I, I, I, sound self centered. :)

I play a lot online, it's definitely the best game mod for Duke. About the new netplayer code, I don't care about it until it's released. I'm not saying I don't care about it completely, just that it doesn't need to be rushed. xDuke is the major port with Yang, hDuke for Meltdown, and they're doing a good job. I don't see what I'm missing. I also think it's debatable whether in-game joining and lag free play is really beneficial. Forget about EDuke32, if it doesn't support multiplayer, have some fun and play with xDuke!

User is offline   Kyanos 

IMO there are plenty of great mods that could breathe some new life into DM's, but as things stand I rarely see much going on online. Not that I look to rush anyone. Just waiting patiently for the day that I can cruise on the Duke Bike with Duke Bots at my back launching rockets at Capitao :)

This post has been edited by Drek: 27 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Drek, on 27 August 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

IMO there are plenty of great mods that could breathe some new life into DM's, but as things stand I rarely see much going on online. Not that I look to rush anyone. Just waiting patiently for the day that I can cruise on the Duke Bike with Duke Bots at my back launching rockets at Capitao :)

Keep waiting then. Patiently.

Also:

Rule #1 of playing Duke Nukem 3D online: Fran Sucks. Don't let him get to you, he's the worst Duker online. All he does is camp, and that's how he gets his kills. Find his hiding spot and two shotgun hits will fry him.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Hendricks266, on 27 August 2011 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hmm, it seems that the EDuke32 version you included is from October 17, 2009, while the last revision before this was r1551.

Ya in the post I mentioned before you said that, but the link was different. The link in this thread brought me there. I changed the first post to the latest build.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options