Duke4.net Forums: Rumor: Gearbox rebooting Duke Nukem after finishing Colonial Marines - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rumor: Gearbox rebooting Duke Nukem after finishing Colonial Marines

View PostMad Max RW, on 25 August 2011 - 06:23 AM, said:

From this guy

Posted Image

I think he's my fiance's hair dresser...o_O

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

It looks like he watched an atom bomb get tested and then went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and said "Fuck it, good enough."

When the Duke Nukem Reloaded team are not working on the game, they're all going out for appletinis.

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 26 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

...Right after they stop for sausage at Nathan's.

Posted Image

User is offline   necroslut 

I really don't get the point of rebooting Duke Nukem. Usually the reason to reboot is to rid yourself of the constraints of canon etc, but the Duke Nukem series has practically no canon to begin with, of all the Duke games only four are part of the "main" canon. and even they don't really line up. It's a series you could do pretty much anything with story- or gameplaywise and get away with so why reboot? You could still cal the next game "Duke Nukem" without rebooting.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

The best you can hope for is if Gearbox pulls a Fallout 3. And it was a miracle that game came out as good as it did. Personally, I stuck with the first two games. The new one is far too simplified and constrained for my taste, but I can see why so many love it (I still haven't tried New Vegas, despite it having many of the original developers from Fallout 1+2). Everybody thought that franchise was dead after the atrocious Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel game for Xbox/PS2. Even Fallout Tactics was pretty bad. Interplay had immediately announced a sequel based on record preorder numbers, but canceled it barely 2 weeks after release when the sales plummeted. Hmm, sound familiar?

In a few years when Gearbox can't get funding for any original projects they'll dig up Duke Nukem.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 29 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Interplay. God, I hate thee. Those cocksuckers are the reason why I'll never play Descent 4 or FreeSpace 3. Seriously, every time I hear their name I just get furious thinking of every single person they have fucked over, both inside the industry and out.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMad Max RW, on 29 August 2011 - 01:29 PM, said:

The best you can hope for is if Gearbox pulls a Fallout 3.

I'm still hoping for a Deus Ex type return. If Gearbox genuinely wants to make a good game (and good games sell) then they'll put the time and effort into thinking up how to make Duke fun again. The good news is that they already have a model of what NOT to do (DNF). If they do pretty much everything the complete opposite of what was done in DNF then they should be ok.

User is offline   Rellik 

Yeah, if DNF is DX:IW, then with any luck, the next Duke will be a DX:HR

View PostDescent, on 29 August 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

...Right after they stop for sausage at Nathan's.

Posted Image

For some reason, that made me LMAO.

I'm not a fan of this reboot(if it's true).

Besides, DNF is sorta a cliffhanger.

View Postthelegend4ever, on 31 August 2011 - 04:44 AM, said:

For some reason, that made me LMAO.

So throw me some rep for it. Apparently people think that dick jokes and gay jokes are too "high class" for a Duke Nukem Forever forum, and someone neg repped me for it. Faggot.

This post has been edited by Descent: 31 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

I'm excited. Gearbox didn't have much time with Forever. It was rushed, and it wasn't bad for a rushed game. Duke Nukem Begins sounds cool. If Gearbox does the same stuff they did with Borderlands, It would be worth it.

View PostBam050196, on 31 August 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of this reboot(if it's true).

Besides, DNF is sorta a cliffhanger.

Theres an expansion pack on the way. Hopefully it continues the story.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDuke_Forever, on 31 August 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

I'm excited. Gearbox didn't have much time with Forever. It was rushed, and it wasn't bad for a rushed game. Duke Nukem Begins sounds cool. If Gearbox does the same stuff they did with Borderlands, It would be worth it.

What are you talking about? Gearbox had the game for basically a whole year, and the singleplayer campaign was practically finished when they got it. They then threw a tonne of manpower at it. I think they had plenty of time.

View PostDescent, on 31 August 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

So throw me some rep for it. Apparently people think that a dick jokes and gay jokes are too "high class" for a Duke Nukem Forever forum, and someone neg repped me for it. Faggot.

Done.

And Duke_Forever...WTF?? All Gerabox did was polish it. They had PLENTY of time to get their shit together for this game. I'm diggin the concept for DNB, But really, I want a Duke game in the mood of *ugh* Reloaded (just no stealth please :() or Zero Hour. I always tought that type of enviorment fit Duke best.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options